- 09/10/2016I love this video and play it whenever I want to be reminded there is goodness in the world. Always stay humble and Kind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzNHuGqoMc
@Lisa 🐝 Gallagher @Lance 🐝 Scoular @Giampiero Vilardi @Deb 🐝 Helfrich @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffmanenia Hoffa-L@Phil Friedmanislgado Pascal Derrien@Wayne Yoshidashc@Kevin Pashuk
- Producer27/09/2016Puddles of Fun!"Keeping knocking, and the joy inside will eventually open a window and look out to see who is there." - RumiWhoever came up with the expression, "no pain, no gain" needs to be summarily court-martialled. Okay, maybe not court-martialled, but...
- Make Your Life Spectacular! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPYIfcSz_Y
- This story makes me SO sad. It is also further proof of how much Not Perfect Hat Clubs (and other programs that teach empahty, kindness and an appreciation for differences) are needed. It's tragic that celebrities have to make this boy into a news stories for him to feel embraced and cared for by his peers: http://bit.ly/2d7c6lW
- ProducerDon't Hold BackI've been thinking a lot about difficulty. More accurately, I've been experiencing and feeling my way through a series of difficulties that my rat race mind is ill-equipped to handle. While this is nothing new (I've known for a long time that the...
- Producer23/09/2016Perfect Isn't an Option, But Excellence Is!What is perfection? The word itself comes from "perficere," a Latin word meaning to complete or finish. Over time, however, perfection has taken on a more pernicious meaning. In today's terms, perfection has come to mean without fault, which in turn...
- 22/09/2016So pleased to be able to share this guest blog I wrote for Peter Dewitt's Education Week column entitled, "Why Do Students Think They Have To Be Perfect?"
Comments21/09/2016 #2 Jena Ball#1 Thank you Mamen. Would you do me the honor of joining my little hive and sharing it with others? We'll be discussing the myth of perfection and how to find and celebrate what makes each person perfectly not perfect. This is the work I do with kids, and am expanding to all the adults I know who are recovering perfectionists :-)
- 21/09/2016Suicide on Campus and the Pressure of Perfection
This New York Times piece by Julie Scelfo was the article that finally pushed me to write "The Not Perfect Hat Club." I was already seeing the damage being done to kids in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade classrooms I as visiting, but this made the implications and loss so clear I knew I had to do something about it. Please read, share and take a look at The Not Perfect Hat Club book and materials (notperfecthatclub.)com)