- 21/09/2016I don't know if Gary shared this here, but all I can say is WOW
This is amazing! Gary is fighting and beating Parkinson's.
Support his efforts here
https://www.amazon.ca/Out-Thinking-Parkinsons-Starting-Gary-Sharpe-ebook/dp/B01FJXOZUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474473619&sr=8-1&keywords=out-thinking+parkinsonsWhat You Won't See at the World Parkinson's Congress #wpc2016 Leadership on Parkinson's Disease isn't about talking about it, nor throwing good money after bad at it, nor giving us People with Parkinson's the false...
- 28/08/2016Alan Stainer http://www.outthinkingparkinsons.com/testimonials/alanstainerAlan Stainerwww.outthinkingparkinsons.com Alan Stainer mentioned Out-Thinking Parkinson's as a prime example in his article "Technology is There to...
- 08/08/2016Click here to support Out-Thinking Parkinson's Disease by Gary Sharpewww.gofundme.com Help us to Continue to Share our Story About the Extraordinary Healing Power of Love & Help Give Hope Back to Sufferers of Parkinson's Disease Everywhere. Dr Gary Sharpe and Deb Helfrich are Out-Thinking Parkinson's using the Power Love and Hope....
- 08/08/2016Joel Andersonwww.outthinkingparkinsons.com A shout out to @Deb Helfrich and @Gary Sharpe. Two individuals who have dared to be brave, dared to do the difficult, dared to make a difference and have epitomized the essence of being bigger than they are. And by doing so, they underscore...
Comments08/08/2016 #2 Deb Helfrich@Joel Anderson, We just cannot thank you enough for taking the time to continuously offer us encouragement. Like everyone, we occasionally get bogged down in the minutia of how challenging portions of each day can be, and then we remember the impact that is rippling far beyond us. And that change in focus changes everything. I think as a society we may have forgotten just how powerful kind words can be!
- 17/07/2016Why People with Parkinson's Should Share Their Stories https://lnkd.in/dTSMBZA I know that many people feel that anecdotal evidence is somehow not "worthwhile": that if information does not come from "experts" armed with clinical trial data, then it is not "useful". Here at Out-Thinking Parkinson's, we like to challenge this view. Deb, our Director of Wellness Research, has a saying: "You are the expert in You"
- 16/07/2016The Role of Self-Awareness on Drug Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease.
You might be shocked, for this was recorded purposefully when the side of effects of my medication were very acute. In fact, I often take another drug to alleviate these medication induced symptoms, so this is not my typical state. The important point to note however is that, over the course of years, without other interventions, what you see here in the initial part of the video will become a more and more frequent state for me. For those who experience such extremes with the condition on a daily basis, our total sympathy – we release this video for you.
Comments22/07/2016 #1 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhDThe pic doesn't click to a video; awe. But I'll go over there - it's another step for my brain - later on today. Juste gently saying that if you place the actual video right here (it will embed), bet you would get more viewers. You can still edit the comment, yes? I'd strongly suggest making sure all videos are embedded and don't give the links....people want to be spoon-fed, and isn't that predictable? (but for me and my brain injury, it would throw my planned visits on my list awry.) 💃🏽💃🏽
- 07/07/2016How Can I Help My Friend with Parkinson's?
"At the beginning of this year, I wanted to offer Gary some options based on what had worked for me, on my own body, and that focused on helping his symptoms. We got started on these nutritional basics:
Reducing alcohol to celebrations only
Eliminating gluten for a trial period of 3 months
Adding nuts as his go-to healthy snack
Using lemon juice to ease the stomach pains caused by poor digestion
Using Magnesium spray
The first intervention, as we will call all of the quality of life techniques that we use to reduce the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease, was to ask him to consider alcohol off of the table, except for celebrations. This was simply a practical step, in my mind, as alcohol impairs movement, causes balance issues, and provides no appreciable nutritional content in exchange for the burden on the liver to metabolize its breakdown."
- 06/07/2016Click here to support Defy Parkinson's Disease with Love by Gary Sharpegofundme.com IF YOU COULD SAVE TRUE LOVE'S DREAM WHILST HELPING STOP THE SUFFERING OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE... WOULD YOU? DISCLAIMER The words herein are about two people drawn together by the irresistible magnetic attraction of soulmates. Please read this...
- 04/07/2016This video diary entry is raw, real and very honest. http://www.outthinkingparkinsons.com/video-blog/music You will see me break down and cry and release other emotions. This is, I feel now, my most important and special contribution so far. If just one piece our Out-Thinking Parkinson's journey does survive into posterity, I hope it is this.
Powerful stuff indeed.
For more about the power of music for movement and emotional balance in the treatment of Parkinson's, please see my website. www.outthinkingparkinsons.com
Comments06/07/2016 #3 Don KerrThere are guitar heroes still. That's why I posted the Keiith Urban link but well beyond that your post is incredibly moving and displays your deep passion and commitment to finding a way forward. Very well done @Gary Sharpe View moreThere are guitar heroes still. That's why I posted the Keiith Urban link but well beyond that your post is incredibly moving and displays your deep passion and commitment to finding a way forward. Very well done @Gary Sharpe Shared! Close05/07/2016 #1 Gary SharpeWHATEVER HAPPENED TO ALL THE GUITAR HEROES? Are you big in showbiz? Perhaps you're a rock legend? Do you still believe in the Music? We're holding out for a Hero. We've created a smash hit and proven that Music and Dance Therapy can HEAL people with Parkinson's. Now we need a Backing Singer to help The Song be heard by millions of people affected by Parkinson's all over the world who have forgotten the music. Reading this but not a rock god? Then join our Choir and raise our voice by sharing this Song on.
- 04/07/2016To the Medical Embarrassment, the Drug Pushers, the Pharm-Yard Animals, the Hypocritic Oathers, the Sickness Industrialists and the Uncritical Unthinkers: Don't ask for whom the bells tolls. It tolls for you.
- 03/07/2016Correcting Posture #1 $1.00 donation to Out-Thinking Parkinson's Project
In this video, Gary discusses how people with Parkinson's tend to allow their posture to degenerate into a classic stooped position and explains why this has very poor consequences for health. Gary then demonstrates a simple method which with daily use has allowed him to correct his posture so that he no longer is stooped by his Parkinson's. He further shows how this technique allowed him to improve his walking too. 4 minutes, mp4 format.
Comments22/07/2016 #1 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhDI know that @Dr. Allen Brown also has the $1 Campain for Homeless Teens and Veterans on the streets of Los Angeles....hat's off to you for this worthy endeavor, too! I can see it is good for women, especially the pre-menopausal, to avoid imbalance, falling, fractured hips, ICU stays, nursing homes, and never going "home" again. Please all, keep your elderly off of ladders! "Do Not Fall!" for women & men all the way! Great for Parkinson's and Out-thinking to others, too. What works for you will help many others and that is 🌹AweSome🌹! A Gift 🌹!
- 03/07/2016We are currently desperately seeking ways to fund the continuation of the Out-Thinking Parkinson's website. Our preferred method has always been to provide something of value in return for financial support.
One idea we have come up with is to enable our supporters to download our educational videos for a very small fee. You can now browse our library, mix and match for your own requirements and build your own offline narrative. These videos will show how I have relearned and continue to progress rapidly my control over Parkinson's Disease. By watching these videos often, we hope this will provide people with Parkinson's around the world the motivation and proof of concepts they need that, with dedicated and persistent practice, they too do not have to suffer the standard route to terminal decline.
- 01/07/2016Magnesium for General Wellness
The book discusses how magnesium is essential for good health across a wide range of conditions and suggests many of us are chronically deficient in this essential element. Fortunately, correcting this is simple, effective and relatively cheap.
We recommend anyone who is interested in improving wellness to read this book, not only due the importance of magnesium, but also for improving understanding of how simple non-medical, non-surgical interventions can make a huge difference to quality of life.
- 30/06/2016Stress Balls on Elastic String with a Velcro Strap
trying to reduce my drug burden and, frankly, getting myself into a right old mess, I have had to revisit our movement recovery techniques. The problem is we have explored so many now, that some got lost by the wayside as I improved. The silver lining is that, due to this set-back which I've been experiencing, I've rediscovered the best intervention we ever came up with. I'd forgotten just how powerful these techniques we developed, based on a single very cunning original concept by @Deb Helfrich, are.
- 24/06/2016Thanks to @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian for his review on Amazon.ca
5.0 out of 5 stars If you have Parkinson's Disease Or know someone who does, buy and read this book!!!
ByPaul Croubalianon June 20, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Doctors diagnosed Dr. Gary Sharpe with early-onset Parkinson’s at 35. This is not a book about theories, possibilities, or lost hope. This book details Gary’s insistence on living a full life in spite of his disease. Gary has always been a thinker. He has always been a growth hacker. This book describes how Gary hacked Parkinson’s.
Gary proves, that under the right conditions, there is hope. No, not just hope, there is success. The narrative of long, slow decline is not the only possibility. Watching Gary stifle the tremors on video, in real-time, is uplifting. It's a true testament to the power of the human mind to face and conquer all obstacles.
- 23/06/2016This testimonial comes from @Cheryl Snapp Conner came in the form of a full length article on Forbes!Cheryl Snapp Connorwww.outthinkingparkinsons.com Cheryl wrote this article about us for...
Comments23/06/2016 #3 Cyndi wilkinsExcellent article Cheryl...I really hope Microsoft can appreciate the priceless gift they have received in these two amazing souls...LinkedIn has a unique opportunity here to expand it's vision and support those who seek to change other peoples lives for the better;-) This isn't about just making professional connections anymore...This is about helping others through shared experience...This is about human beings caring about people they have never met, but wish to give of themselves in service to creating a better world...You can't put a price tag on that!23/06/2016 #2 Deb Helfrich#1 Thank you so much @Javier beBee for all the personal support you provide, we appreciate it so much. As well, I am so thankful that beBee exists because our long term plans include using this platform extensively to share health and wellness knowledge and support. The foundation of any career is good health OR learning to create a career around one's current state and challenges. Digital platforms provide opportunities for so many people worldwide and you should be highly commended for the spirit of positive engagement and the dedication you continuously show towards your user base. beBee is such a success story already, it is inevitable that the growth will skyrocket.
- 23/06/2016Using Props and Acting to Get Moving with Parkinson's Diseasewww.outthinkingparkinsons.com At the core of the concepts behind Out-Thinking Parkinson's is the understanding that the pathways to movement in the brain are manyfold and hence that, with the aid of the right diet and supplements together with the optimal environment and...
- 21/06/2016THIS is what TRUE LOVE is ... https://lnkd.in/dKQyZRB
"if you could save true love's dream AND help stop the suffering from parkinson's disease.... would you?"
- 02/04/2016Growing, evolving, changing - we all struggle a bit with this, maybe this perspective will help a few others:Is Movement the Definition of Life?www.outthinkingparkinsons.com And so I must go on. Evolve into the changes and learn, again, to embrace the growth that I am going to go through to get where I want to go.The part of this phase that brings up my curiosity is that where I need to go is to the side of a man...
- 20/06/2016Wise words about being a carer of a person with Parkinson's from EvelynEvelyn Earle Shoupwww.outthinkingparkinsons.com Some very good information that perhaps will help to teach people how to treat those with Parkinson's. Very harmful are the following: criticism about things the person with Parkinson's would like to do, or take care of, but can't any more, to...
"A Helping Hand with Movement Recover"
In my previous diary entry,
SIMPLE, POWERFUL METHOD FOR UNSTIFFENING HANDS AND FINGERS,
I showed how, by developing our ideas about incorporating
STRESS BALLS ON ELASTIC STRING WITH A VELCRO STRAP,
into our gentle movement therapy, we came up with a simple exercise regime to open up the fingers of my hands. The "Sharpe-Helfrich method" is discussed further in
SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL MOVEMENT RECOVERY METHOD.
In the sequel video included in this post, it is becoming ever clearer that our concept of "applied neuroplasticity" does work. Here, I demonstrate the further evolution in my own movement, resulting from practicing these ideas over and over again...
- 17/06/2016A Companion Piece to my "Prelude to Parkinson's" by my Heart's Companion, @deb helfrich , which together form the introduction of our book "Starting the Journey", which documents our "Out-Thinking Parkinson's" Journey and all we have learned along the way http://www.outthinkingparkinsons.com/articles/wellness
- 16/06/2016@Deb Helfrich's very clever ideas about alternative uses for a Grapefruit Spoon https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/263671753163396205/ What does this have to do with Parkinson's and Applied Neuroplasticity? Find out in her new article "Grapefruit Spoons and Gratitude" http://www.outthinkingparkinsons.com/debs-blog/grapefruit
- 14/06/2016Infographic "Simple, but Powerful Movement Recovery Method". Please consider supporting our work www.outthinkngparkinsons.com by saving the pin of this graphic https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/263671753163360197/