- 22/01/2017Killing Obamacare .... Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.
..... according to Vox
..... except that there are currently already 30 Million that are not covered -
There will still not be universal coverage under the current reform; recent projections are that 30 million Americans will still lack coverage by 2016.
There will be significant gaps in coverage in states that opt not to expand Medicaid eligibility, potentially leaving 6 million uninsured nonelderly adults without access to care specifically because of lack of expansion. In addition, undocumented residents and those who opt to not purchase coverage will also add to the coverage gaps.How the ACA Will Change the Health Care Delivery Systemwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov Key features of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are access to health care through expanded coverage, improved quality and efficiency and lower health care costs, and consumer protections. Incremental reforms have been made to the ACA since it was...
- 22/01/2017This from Slate at 11:40 this morning:
“One of these is a presidential inauguration in 2017 for a man named Donald Trump and the other is from 2009 for a man named Barack Obama. Can you tell which?”
Everybody needs theMirror
- 21/01/2017Well, I've only a couple of things to say about the inauguration:
My stars; that was an absolutely gorgeous suit dress Mrs Donald was wearing. She looked absolutely perfect; couldn't fault it.
The Donald's speech: My, that was an absolutely gorgeous suit dress Mrs Donald was wearing....
The atmosphere: well, one only has to look at aerial photos of The Mall from Obama's first inauguration and Trump's to gauge. (Even supposing some time finagling was going on; the attendance difference is still staggering.)
I have no patience with the random acts of violence on Inauguration Day. This is democracy in action, if you feel the need to turn violent when things don't go your way, there are plenty of other places where you could live.
The media here showed a clip of The Donalds dancing at a ball. The band sucked.
And did you getta load of Mrs Trump's *dress*?!
Comments22/01/2017 #9 Aurorasa Sima#7 Hahaha, yes, good. #6 Aleta, beBee takes a bit getting used to when it comes to commenting. If there is a number in front of the comment, it´s a reply to another one.
If you scroll over the number, you see what someone replied to.
I do not know details about your political view, judging from this post I´d think we are on similar pages. My comment was in response to Jim.22/01/2017 #5 Jim Cody 🐝The Trumps have class which is more than I can say for the demonstrators. Demonstrator turn violent and destroying property are no better than territorists and should be dealt with.
He is our elected president and we must carry on and heal our divided nation.
God bless America.
- Women hate Donald Trump so much they are even marching against him in Antarcticawww.independent.co.uk Donald Trump is so unpopular that there are even women marching against him in...
- WhiteHouse.gov petition for Trump to release tax returns hits 100,000 thresholdwww.yahoo.com When President Trump was delivering his inaugural address on Friday, WhiteHouse.gov was completely revamped, replacing Barack Obama’s policy pages with Trump’s own. A new petition calling on the Trump administration to immediately release the...
- Producer21/01/2017Is Realism Dead?What is idealism? In reviewing the definition it appears to be the process of using your imagination to develop a position or belief of how things should be (A little liberty with the definition here.). On the surface this would suggest that the...
- #ResistanceIsNotFutileWomen’s March on Washington: A sea of pink-hatted protesters vows to resist Donald Trumpwww.washingtonpost.com Organizers, who orginally sought a permit for a gathering of 200,000, said the crowd had grown too big to formally march to the White House...
- Producer21/01/2017How to KillObamaCare - A Brief Look The PPACA Legislation was built upon a series of faulty assumptions and slathered in rhetoric. Years after it has passed and been in effect - the 'Triple Aim' of Lowering Costs, Improving Quality and Increasing Access has not appeared - nor could...
- 21/01/2017The New Normal
Crowd estimates still to come, but - to quote the tweetTwitInChief - "Sad"
- 21/01/2017Flying the American flag upside down is an officially recognized signal of distress.
THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
Title 4, Chapter 1
§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
Comments22/01/2017 #4 John Vaughan#3 @Randy Keho sez "respect our flag."
See "THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
Title 4, Chapter 1" (above)
"upside -down" is not disrespectful to the flag. It is "a signal of dire distress"
You may disagree with the analysis (i.e. "There's no reason to be worried."), but the communication is kosher.21/01/2017 #1 Phil FriedmanJohn, you will be criticized for this post and told that, even if you don't like Trump the man, you should accord him respect as Trump the US president. But that is backward. President Trump need first to demonstrate (which he has not) that HE respects the office and the Constitution, and the fact the he is an elected official, not a tyrant. And moreover that he has moved beyond the oligarchical view of himself as the CEO of a privately held corporation, known as the USA.
- Producer21/01/2017TRUMP IS NOW YOUR PRESIDENT WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!The magic moments of Trump as he becomes the 45th president of the United States of America Many call it careless talk and others call it free talk. That's what Donald Trump, the newly elected American president stands for. He doesn't beat about...
- Producer21/01/2017Is UK Democracy Infected by Indolent Post M40 Virus ?These day's it would appear that unless you and your family live in Virtual Reality Corporate La La Land they are automatically earmarked for Covert Extermination via Goldman Sachs Eindsatzgruppen malingering in our NHS, the Police and other UK...
Comments21/01/2017 #1 Gordon PyeNigel Evans could have Blown the Whistle on LCC Corruption 20 years ago, now Developers are Embezzeling from almost every LCC works, the other day I went past the wall over the River Calder at Altham washed out in last years floods. They spent all summer repairing it, but the mortar is as pink as Peppa Pig, and therefore someone stole cement as it should be Whale Grey and an Orangutan could probably have built the Great Wall of China Faster !
Perhaps Nigel Evans trip to the US was an excuse to do a Moonlight Flit and avoid being Sent Down for Life for Conspiracy to Commit Treason plus Accessory to the Fact Murder of his constituents ?
- 21/01/2017thanks Obama (not ironic) via VentureBeatObama’s parting gift to foreign entrepreneurs: A new way to stay in the U.S.venturebeat.com Back in 2014, when it was clear that Congress was not going to pass bipartisan immigration reform, President Obama vowed to take whatever steps he could, short of legislation, to advance his immigration agenda, including making it easier for foreign...
- 21/01/2017The First Steps: Trump Signs Executive Against ObamaCare
A good first step to the plate. #KillObamaCareText of President Trump's ObamaCare executive orderwww.foxnews.com Below is the full text of President Donald Trump's executive order directing federal agencies to ease the burden of ObamaCare: MINIMIZING THE ECONOMIC BURDEN OF THE PATIENT PROTECTION AND AFFORDABLE CARE ACT PENDING REPEAL By the authority vested in...
- Huge crack in Antarctic ice shelf grows by 6 more mileswww.usatoday.com A crack in an ice shelf in Antarctica now measures more than 100 miles...
- Producer20/01/2017Believe In Yourself And Your Country Again, Stop The PettinessWhy so glum? Some folks are genuinely sad at the election of our 45th President on Friday. Why not celebrate that we have the freedom to even have voted in such an unusual one? Actually this election and the last two, we've voted in unusual...
Comments21/01/2017 #2 FancyJ LondonWhat an embarrassment watching people vandalize stores, cars, and innocent hardworking people's places. That is not a protest, that is highschool behavior. They can fuss all they want, we cannot change the outcome. People need to stop acting beyond immature, we are already so embarrassing to other countries.21/01/2017 #1 Jim Cody 🐝I agree with your perspective. Never in the history of American has so many people protested and caused damage just because they don't agree with our voting system.
It just saddens me that the now former administration did little to nothing to quell the demonstrations and destruction.
Yes God is in control. Pray for American to unite.
- 20/01/2017... and, of course, an image
(1974, Nixon) Wait long enough, and it all comes around again
see more at theGallery http://www.jcvtcs.com/gallery/dark.html
- 20/01/2017I believe The Thin White Duke would approve
"Have you been the un-American?"
(Play as background music)David Bowie, 'Young Americans' #486, Mejores Canciones de Todos los Tiempos, revista Rolling Stone...
- Transparency Group Sues for FBI Records on Russian Hackingwww.nextgov.com The Electronic Privacy Information Center cites an “urgent public interest” in the records being...
- 20/01/2017In The Age Of History…donnaluisawordslayer.wordpress.com We live during a time of history in the making. As a history student I was amazed at the strength and commitment of our forefathers. I was horrified when I first learnt of slavery and the inhumane...
- The Party starts.Robert Reich: 12 ways to disrupt Donald Trump’s first 100 days as presidentwww.salon.com Our 100 days of resistance begins a sustained and powerful...
- Obamacare saved my dad’s life — and then he voted for Donald Trumpwww.salon.com Children, not parents, are supposed to engage in risky behaviors. But what do we do with parents we can’t...
- Samantha Bee Dismantles Kellyanne Conway, Panics Over Trumpwww.yahoo.com The inauguration of Donald Trump as president is right around the corner, so Samantha Bee spent her Wednesday-night edition of Full Frontal ridiculing one reason Trump got elected and contemplating the end of the world. Bee’s opening segment was...