- 23/02/2017Why UX is pivotal to the future of SEOWhy UX is pivotal to the future of SEOsearchengineland.com As search engine algorithms become more sophisticated, many believe user signals will play a greater role in search rankings. Columnist David Freeman explains what this means for forward-looking SEO...
- 23/02/2017Buying local - and vertical...Jesse Caesar on Twittertwitter.com “Without sounder soil policy, post-organic solutions like @BoweryFarming are vital to future agriculture #farming #agritech #buylocal...
- 22/02/2017A Good User InterfaceGoodUIwww.goodui.org
- 21/02/2017User Research is Overratedmedium.muz.li Design Sprints have revealed an expensive waste of time in the modern design...
- 20/02/2017The future of UX design.The future of UX designthenextweb.com User experience design is often thought of as a new or emerging concept in web design and app design. However, it has been around long before it was ever given the name “user...
Comments16/02/2017 #1 CityVP 🐝 ManjitThe most important note in this design cycle is the note at the bottom which says
"BOLD METHODS ARE SOME OF THE MOST COMMONLY USED"
This is a smarter way of looking at these methods and activities than the brain-dead plug and play idea of "BEST PRACTICES" - what bolding does is say that these other methods are not off the table, they just happen to be less used.
There is a more important than commonly used and not commonly used, and that is the thinking that we come up with, which become through evidence based practice the stuff of new thinking that someone else puts on a Design Cycle list.
It is this third thing - NOT LISTED which is the difference between those taking a lead in UX activities and those who are playing follow the leader and therefore a dime-a-dozen companies, and who wants to work for mediocre companies if we were hired to bring our best minds to work - and that is something Steve Jobs is known for. a.k.a. THIS!!!! http://bit.ly/2lQv3BW
Comments22/12/2016 #1 Harvey LloydSome thoughts. If in many levels of risk profiles we have traversed this journey and bridge a million times wouldn't we leave mental bread crumbs?
Your map illustrates the attributes of change management. If we have experienced family and children then we are all change managers.
From about 3-5 years old change is the name of the game. Children are the ultimate disruptors of status quo.
Might i suggest a bread crumb trail that is opposite each of your stations of the journey. Maybe at "This will be fun" we could leave a roadway sign that states "Seek new information ahead, keep your eyes/ears open"?
- 09/02/2017A radical experiment in empathy: Sam Richards at TEDxPSUA radical experiment in empathy: Sam Richards at TEDxPSU Sam Richards is a sociologist and award-winning teacher who has been inspiring undergraduate students at Penn State since 1990. Every semester, 725 students...
Comments10/02/2017 #1 Brian McKenzieHe missed the next step. That man / humans cannot live in Peace - we always have and always will be goaded into the game and conflicts of Us vs Them. Those running the games know this - all they have to co is keep carving a new villian to play the role. Look around the world at so called Peaceful demonstrations in the names of "Equality", Freedom", "Justice", "Democracy" and even the new favorit - "Anarchy" ....who is paying for those riots, agendas and media time?.....enjoy your day - you are being lied to and led blindly - daily, en mass. P.S. The US put Saddam in Power in Iraq, and the Shah in Iran - they were both puppets of the US - nothing they did was not sanctioned, approved or condoned by those that put them there.
- 09/02/2017Think more of the same...Jesse Caesar on Twittertwitter.com “Refusing to listen to customers, especially its #creative base, has finally caught up with @Apple #DoYourResearch #mrx #Insight #BrandChat...
- 05/02/2017How we’re using Component Based Designmedium.com Component Based Design is often talked about in context of large, complex projects. In this post we’re making the case that it can also...
Comments03/02/2017 #3 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#2 Information is nothing, thinking is everything. What I learned 5 minutes ago, I am already onto the next piece - this article from UX Magazine relates actual experience of the designer and not just the end-user experience, therefore what did I learn in the last five minutes?
Experience is a total system and interaction of parts - each experience relating to each part.
Great User Experiences Require Great Front-End Development
What this article says about design is what is actually baked into the front end, but what I take away is how the input of all other functions at the start of either new product development or even a customer experience journey requires input from non-design thinkers - the interactions of these experiences to make the whole.
OK now you can thank me :-)03/02/2017 #1 CityVP 🐝 ManjitEverytime I see Lego now I immediately think of "Everything is Awesome!" and thanks to YouTube there is a 10 hour stream of that song. So this is "Example Awesome", and I have no idea why Lego is using 20th Century words like WOW!
Mapping the customer experience visually is a no-brainer in the 21st Century.
Like all things, like a 10 hour Lego song stream, there is a point where focus on the experience stops becoming about the customer and only an obsession about experience - at that point we remind ourselves we are human.
10 Hours of Everything is Awesome
When we are human again, we begin to see new patterns in the experience based on surprise and delight plus the irrational and unpredictable or unintended consequences of a designed experience - and so a visual mapping of customer experience
is a beginning and not an end and at that point we begin to discover the innovators dilemma.
- 01/02/2017Let me touch it...Jesse Caesar on Twittertwitter.com “Check out The Revenge of Analog by @saxdavid - affirms that we still need IRL experiences, community, and totems to tether our...
- 31/01/2017The Evolution of UI/UX Designers Into Product DesignersThe Evolution of UI/UX Designers Into Product Designers – Thinking Design by Adobemedium.com What is a product? Until recently, the term was only used in relation to something material and often found in a retail store, but...
- 27/01/2017Free Exit Intent Lightbox Solutionexitget.com Using the Exitget optimization solution, you increase your conversion rates by recovering visitors who are about to leave your...
- Producer26/01/2017A true UX tool vía Julius HuijnkI draw squares for a livingIt’s a joke I often tell my colleagues, but wouldn’t dare tell a client. It’s not at all self evident what a UX designer does. We don’t ‘make’ anything. In collaboration, we create a plan for our colleagues that do the...
- 06/01/2017Google Cloud managment - B2B by Johny vino™: https://dribbble.com/shots/31948...plus.google.com Google Cloud managment - B2B by Johny vino™: https://dribbble.com/shots/3194842-Google-Cloud-managment-B2B - Johnson V -...
- 06/01/2017Controlled environments (ie human mazes) like theme parks, cruises, festivals, and conferences are great for trying out new tech...Jesse Caesar on Twittertwitter.com “Innovations in microcosms like @DisneyParks #MagicBand and @CarnivalCruise #oceanmedallion are everyone's #wearabletech tomorrow #CES2017...
- 05/01/2017Seeking for an Infinite Elements Analysis Engineer, tyre industry. Is it you? Join us!
#Matlab #Abaqus #Hypermesh #Ansys
- 05/01/2017Judging books by their covers...Jesse Caesar on Twittertwitter.com “It wasn't a time of kombucha, but mid-century sodas were more handcrafted and simpler - nice nostalgia play by...
- Producer05/01/2017Industrial Robotics Market Continues to Grow Owing to the Need for Better Industry SolutionsIndustrial robotics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% with total revenue of $12.74 billion by 2020. Industrial Robots are a remarkable invention in the industrial sector that has changed the industrial automation processes. They are...
- 28/12/2016We are looking for #tyre industry professionals: Compound, Mould and Tyre #engineers, Tyre Designer, Senior Project Manager and Technical Project Leader, based on #Enschede, The Netherlands. Find out more info!
Comments26/12/2016 #1 Phil FriedmanThis is so very true in so many cases. But my advice to designers is to make sure that the original concept can, in fact, be built within the projected budget and time allotment. Then follow up to educate the client as to the wisdom of adopting most, if not all of the original concept. For example, how some of the "frills" actually represent long-term value and will return more than their share of the budget. Of course, it order to do this, the fact have to be on your side. For in such cases, acumen talks and B.S. walks. Cheers... and wishing you a healthy, happy, prosperous New Year. Phil Friedman and the Port Royal Group https://www.bebee.com/content/1079363/1005086