- 11/08/2016"Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." - Benjamin Franklin.
C1 Consulting stresses the importance of professional development and offers monthly training for our team across all of our offices!
- Producer04/08/2016Empathy: Try It"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?" – Henry David Thoreau A good friend of mine lost his father many years ago to cancer. After the death, I remember watching my friend hurt and...
- Producer15/06/2016How Do You Spend Your Networking Money?It is widely recognized that in networking you give first and receive later. Essentially that would make all givers to begin with and make for a lot of givers out there in general and especially since it’s not just about giving once, but giving...
Comments04/07/2016 #7 Charlene BurkeYour idea is more fleshed out than the network I am currently a part of. I host a weekly, virtual networking meeting for professionals and have found it to be valuable in terms of: exposure for my business, meeting varied professionals from around the world, learning something new (usually a presenter is at the start of the meeting for up to 30 minutes, followed by Q&A of those present), and have connected with everyone on various social media platforms. Continued exposure combined with actively sharing things I think my network would find useful has resulted in referrals given to me and my giving referrals to others. The site isn't a marketplace, as such, though the owner is building a training area (offering online courses from hosts and others) and has a membership option. If you're interested in learning more and joining us for a meeting this week (or simply want to learn more) you can here: http://networklivevirtually.com/charlene-burke16/06/2016 #6 Charles WilsonIn theory this is a really interesting idea @Anders Liu-Lindberg. I personally used oDesk to outsource some odd jobs that I needed done and the results were great. The idea of essentially being able to visit a net workers guild of sorts and request the sort of things you mentioned above really appeals to me. However, I'm not sure how a CEO would feel suddenly having an influx of meetings set up that someone else in the company had made a profit on..
- Producer15/06/2016The Key to Improve as a LeaderWe've read many articles about leadership. How many leaders maintain their status as competitive has been a trending topic for many months. All could be covered up till now but I would like to point out one of the characteristics that will always be...
Comments17/06/2016 #3 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#2 You are absolutely right, and lifting others up is the way to make anyone's day! As a Leader or Chief of a Department, I didn't need to go out of my way to do that, as it came quite naturally to me. But as I was relocating and the Department gave me a Surprise Party, I was so touched that every single person in the Department pitched in to buy gifts that I still use today. While they may remember me as a "good boss," I still look at their gifts and think of all of them so fondly. For they also touched me.
- Producer15/06/2016Gert Scholtz & Dean Owen Presents - 20/20 HindsightTwenty things I wish I knew when I was Twenty This is a historic moment in International relationships. Two bees collaborating across a whopping stretch of South Asia and the vast expanse that is the...
Comments18/06/2016 #36 Louise SmithMy Best Guess - comes unstuck if you went turn about though !
@Dean Owen : 1 ; 5 ; 6 ; 8 ; 10 ; 11 ; 12 ; 14 ; 15 ; 19; 20
@Gerald Hecht: 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 7 ; 9 ; 13 ; 16 ; 17 ; 18
N.B. 20 could be joint collaboration ?
VERY NICE BUZZ !!!
Hindsight is the History Writer's VICE - hope you don't make it yours !
~ adapted from Hilary Mantel
- Producer14/06/2016Four candles? Clean language and SF - goals, outcomes, resolutions or differences sought? All 'best hopes'!One of the things which impresses me about the Solution Focused Approach is the use of simple, purposeful language (which is based on evidence gathered over decades in therapeutic settings). Whilst learning coaching models of any kind are useful and...
Comments15/06/2016 #2 Ewan MuirheadAbsolutely - a communication begins with an outcome in mind, in order to achieve that outcome the communicator must find the best way to not only deliver the message but also retain ownership of the conversation generated until the outcome is achieved (otherwise the communication may be a waste of time for both sender/receiver)15/06/2016 #1 James SmithThis post reminded me of this question: Is the understanding of the message responsibility of the listener or of the person communicating it? I've always found that it'll be the communicator's responsibility to confirm that the message he wants to communicate is received and understand.
- 21/04/2016LGR Daily Lesson from Life's Golden Rule about Service.
http://www.lifesgoldenrule.com/Light the Lampwww.linkedin.com "If you light a lamp for someone else it will also brighten your path." – Buddha Service is one of the most basic ways that we can light a lamp for someone else. Volunteering, helping, trying to...