- 19/01/2017A well written article by Andy Macia. A worthy read.5 ways art therapy helped me heal from addiction | A Lust For Lifewww.alustforlife.com It came to a point when addiction was all I ever knew, but it wasn’t always like...
- 18/01/2017Who says that child prodigies only manifest in the arts or academics? They also manifest, such as this boy, in human interaction and "getting it". Just watching how he listens reflects this capacity.This amazing kid has turned the subway platform into a therapy office Ciro Ortiz is not your typical middle schooler. At 11 years old, the Brooklyn-raised boy is not only already fending for himself but is giving back....
Comments18/01/2017 #1 Mohammed Sultan@Sara Jacobovici. It's not a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled,but it's a calamity not to dream.Some kids have a dream to run a business and others dream of running a lemonade stand,but this fantastic kid dream takes him higher than others ,to the highest virtue of helping others.
- Producer04/01/2017CRAB BUCKET SYNDROME, CONFORMITY & JONESTOWNThere is a famous saying about crabs that also represents what often happens in social situations when one person is trying to better themselves in a family or a community. If we put a single crab in a lidless bucket, it can escape easily. When...
Comments05/01/2017 #13 Lyon Brave#12 Are you saying you are one of those people who think we don't have room for refugees in America. I completely disagree with you. Yes, we all die, but that doesn't mean everything needs to be shit until we perish. Messes are meant to be cleaned up. This is a minor example, but if an old lady trips and drops her bags right in front of you, you aren't just going to help her up. Maybe i'm misreading what you are saying, but unfortunately, i believe it is ideologies like yours that is what is wrong with the world, people who likely have the resources and and intelligence to help, but choose to do nothing, but look out for their own interests. Everything is on a wheel. Nothing is guaranteed. A violent type could come kick in your door right now, a hacker could steal everything in your bank account. A hurricane could come wipe out your whole city, you could have a stroke and land in a wheel chair. When you are in need should we dust out hands and say too bad you got screwed.I don't think anyone can save the world, but lots of individuals have certainly made dramatic differences, Bono, Thomas Edison, Harriet Tubman, Abraham Lincoln, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, the list goes on and those are just Americans. I've seen kids starve to death, while they are surrounded by food because they don't have money and people are literally more concerned about that one dollar than given them bread. It's ridiculous. Privilege is a word for a reason. Anyone on this site clearly has a certain amount of privilege, wifi, a computer, an education. Great men don't think like you. As rich as Donald Trump is nobody will ever think of him as a great man.05/01/2017 #12 Brian McKenzieI give society the exact same 6 seconds of consideration and attention it passes my way. I want nothing to do with it. I don't care about saving the world - because I can't; and I have no delusions of grandeur to think that anything I do matters 100 years from now; fuck - most of it wont last the attention span of a Goldfish.
so my solution is simply - keep your mess over there, away from me. Bring it my direction - and be prepared to meet armed, trained and tenacious opposition
I like self reliance, self determination and independence. I like nothing from the white halls of think tanks, government bureaucracies or churches.
I am not interested in getting along nor going along with flocks, herds, tribes, villages, or the like. I care nothing for the collective; other than to disrupt and destroy it every chance I get.05/01/2017 #11 Devesh BhattThe collective output is such...that's what I have observed and experienced in my limited scope.
I do understand that evidence based rationality and faith based stimulus co exist within me, I do not have to conflict one for the other, rather faith triggers understanding and understanding triggers faith, action yields better inputs in times of doubt, fear and confusion...I do not talk about truth because I think its a personal realisation.05/01/2017 #9 Devesh Bhatt#8 I need to understand your expressions better.
All that I could comprehend was , theory needs to be tested before its fact.
The tests are continuous until the weakness is discovered and its corrupted, its either exploited by few or many, if its few, there is an attempt to replace it with a system to share the spoils, but the few due to better resources eventually rattle the system to recover some of the small percentages they lose to the rest.
At a snails pace, the majority are clawing through the insignificantly small because it is necessary, then they pull each other down as an assumed necessity.
With technology as the interface we just progress from tactics of oppression to manipulation and have an inhuman alibi without a face, but a collective input... Just like society.
It is convenient to have a faceless intangible construct as the enemy, while its ultimately all about people.05/01/2017 #7 Devesh BhattSociety corrupts and waits for an individual to rise up and solve stuff. That's progress. Then society corrupts and exploits again.
One can suffer with the rest or get ahead. Its a choice. Eventually, whatever you do will be corrupted...that too starts at the level of an individual and is copied around.
Its easier to copy loopholes of corruption, its like scavenging, no harm there.
Problem, if you keep on repeating the rant of bad people, bad society, bad crabs, bad men, bad culture...it slowly gets ingrained in the brain,, an eye for contempt and controversy and you may never enjoy success, this is happening to you subconsciously. The skill to corrupt , which could have been applied to the outer world is not being used because you want to be righteous, but the very skill is turning inwards, it is slyly corrupting your world view,
Corruption is denial of the good as well as the bad.
This is my opinion, you may disagree, I assume, if you can see a problem with better insights than no one else, you could perhaps develop a solution or a way of life that's progressive , better than everyone else.05/01/2017 #5 Brian McKenzieJamestown was a funded and sanctioned Beta test, as all 'Utopias' are a covert mask selling Hope & Change, Happiness & Prosperity, Safety & Security, Liberty & Democracy are. It is taught in the halls that I once roamed as a model of success. And if you are awake, you can see the footprints and game practices that have carried forward. Any promising the shiny city on the hill, the luminous path Forward or the glory of Peace for 1000 years are shills with maniacal motives and have pits waiting for carcasses ~ without fail.04/01/2017 #4 Deb 🐝 HelfrichWow, @Lyon Brave. You know how to arrive on a scene prolifically. And I am truly glad you have arrived. As this is something worth discussing...
"representation of what happens in social institutions that are built on the desire to control, rather than empower, and therefore represents society in a larger picture." I really feel like we need to start valuing nature and sustainable ways of cooperation & collaboration to get us out of this mess of overlaid hierarchical structures that only ever serve to build that crab bucket dynamic.
Luckily, I had an outlet to minimize my brainwashing - books. And being an introvert makes it much easier to avoid getting caught up in constant social demands. But it is all about learning to listen to our heart more than our minds - then we avoid the whole control format and realize there is enough love energy to go around.04/01/2017 #1 Harvey LloydThe childhood narrative is built, its not chromosomal. Some parents don't realize that children are testing the narrative against them and each child is unique in need. You highlight here the simple concept that our children can leave home and build on their narrative or they will spend a lifetime overcoming.
You also introduce another concept that seems to be taboo in discussion. Our freedom of speech and alternative dialogues are part of the issue. Concepts that are presented in ways that touch us through deep emotional/macabre examples leave a lasting impression that forms our narratives. Are these examples of good causes that seek to bend our guilt, or self esteem towards a cause healthy?
Parents are complaining about the heightened need to screen TV, internet and various other inroads to our psyche. But its is permeating through social settings of school and other mandated social centers. I agree with freedom of speech but also understand that not all speech is good.
Good thoughts here.
- Producer02/01/2017RULE ONE: THOU SHALL NOT WORRY: Is Anxiety Making You Poor?RULE ONE: THOU SHALL NOT WORRY “I can take it. The tougher it gets, the cooler I get.” Richard M. Nixon A cool person is not always worried, always freaking out, always running around saying, “the sky is falling“. The sky is not...
Comments02/01/2017 #1 Aleta CurryReally liked this article, @Lynn. I must confess, though, that I cannot hear or read the words 'don't worry' without that song coming to mind, and I have long thought it a ding dang shame that as talented as Bobby McFerrin Jr is, he's going to be remembered first and foremost for it!
I certainly agree with you about the power of the mind; we do and become what our brains tell us to.
- Producer13/12/2016How to Stay Informed Without Losing Your MindAround the election, in a desperate search for answers about our nation’s future, I found myself scrolling, reading, and watching everything I could. I was trapped in an endless pull-to-refresh cycle of consuming more news, tweets, posts, and videos...
- 27/12/2016Don’t let Seasonal Affective Disorder make you SAD this winter. Pathways can help.Coping With Seasonal Affective Disorder During the Holidays - Pathways Real Life Recoverypathwaysreallife.com It’s normal to feel moody every once in a while. However, not all moodiness should be considered normal. In countries that experience different seasons...
- Producer14/12/2016Why relationships must be fluid or they are destined to failI found myself in a discussion about being concrete or cementing relationships. Here' why that is setting yourself up for failure. The human is a emotional creature and emotion flows and never sets still. In relationships whether they are business...
Comments19/12/2016 #17 Mark DouglasWe are in continual flow, and continual change every minute, because we don't know what the next minute holds, and each minute will always be different than any minute previously experienced. That's what I got from this my friend Max! I'd really never had that thought before. Ding ding ding!!!Im awakening!14/12/2016 #12 Max🐝 J. Carter#11 @CityVP Manjit psychologically speaking when you get into the flow of being it is about understanding why you feel the way you do in order to identify the health of the emotion or if an unhealthy view is causing the emotional response.
Your ego is the developed by the things you attach emotion to that defines your identity.
I this or that.
I am this or that.
I love this or that.
Statements of being and identity. These statements form the view we take of ourselves. That view is what determines the flow of our emotions.
I tend to get upset when I feel the need to repeat myself because I feel as though I often do a job of explaining myself simply the first time. Because I am rooted in the me and my identity in this when I feel the need to repeat myself I feel as the my I am not being listened too and if I feel as though the reason what I said was ignored or not heard is due to a lack of respect for who I am the emotion flows and I can sometimes over react in an emotional way adding the tone of my displeasure to my voice.
I use me as an example because otter people tend to get upset when they are singled out for behavior that they might not want to admit to.
I get deep into the process of the ego in the following buzz.
I am the guy that refuses to write a book and you can find the bulk of my work in the following hive.
pretty much my life's work that I still use as jumping off points for other buzzes.14/12/2016 #11 CityVP 🐝 ManjitDear @Max🐝 J. Carter and @Ali Anani the psychology of flow is what I am particularly interested and yes that psychology does contain the flow of emotion. That is why I was hooked the moment I began to read Flow - The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi who is a brilliant academician.
Book Review of Flow
http://www.meaningfulhq.com/flow.html14/12/2016 #6 Max🐝 J. Carter#4 @Nic Fester you have a way with words sir. One I appreciate and thank you for your joining this.
I tend to think of let it go into the flow.
For me the flow is the flow of God's love.
I have met people who think they are God and to be honest during my own awakening I went through the God complex and had to recover from it.
During that time I was able to create a better flow with God in my life and understand that God resides in each of us hence Jesus saying I abide in the Father as the Father abides in me.
To me that means that any of us can be a living conduit for God's wisdom when the spirit moves though us to speak through us and why i feel the verse saying where two or more are gathered in my name I am there is because to gather in the name of God allows each to have the Spirit move through for the growth of the sum.
This can also be seen as building the higher self connection which is our connection to what we call God in my experience.
Assisting people in building this connection regardless of their chosen spiritual path is what I do for a lot of my one on one clients who do not care for religion and I am able to respect that and connect on their level without offending them or feeling offended by their chosen path.
Hence the Rock 'N' Roll Shaman as music is something we can all relate to and connect with.14/12/2016 #4 Nic FesterEnter Nic Fester... Interesting thoughts here. Being involved with people and their problems I have noticed this one thing. People have a tendency to hold on to things. Holding on stops the 'flow' In my context that would be the flow of God's enableing. There is that old saying, "Let go and let God" This does however become tricky when you believe that you are god. The flow happens when you look outside of yourself. Self actualisation and mindfulness is helpful, but will reap a limited reward. Thanks Max for making us think.14/12/2016 #3 Max🐝 J. CarterAnd since @Ali Anani was kind enough to provide a link to this buzz here is his.
https://www.bebee.com/producer/@ali-anani/avoid-building-concrete-relationships14/12/2016 #2 Max🐝 J. Carter#1 @Ali Anani I decided to write my own buzz as this is a topic that people hire me to guide them through as they work to improve their life or business.
Consensus does not create truth.
What's the old line "Just because a million people believe the same lie does not make it true."
I also grew tired of having my motives brought into question.
To answer your one question everything is in a state of flow. Even this platform is a flow of algorithm based on a flow of information coming in to produce a result that appears static with structure even though it is in a constant state of flux.
We use terms like concrete to give a false sense of security and certainty that does not exist but we try to make it so out of fear of having no control.
Opposing flows or a resistance to flow is what contaminates the process often because we become rigid in our thought process for a result we desire to achieve. We contaminate the flow through or decided view of any one topic that creates waves of turmoil in the flow.
It is the flow of nuclear material contaminating the pacific ocean still from the result of the Fukishima meltdown.
Somethings do not flow well together while others do.14/12/2016 #1 Ali Anani@Max🐝 J. CarterI would first provide a link to the on-going discussions so that readers may capture the full discussions. This is unfair to project your own views and discard about 100 comments, most of which didn't agree with you.
Just one question- doesn flow happen without a carrier. Water flows in pipes. Emotions flow in what? Emotions flow like water I agree. Emotions on beBee flows because beBee has a platform to carry the flow. What if the carrying medium is contaminated? Why do we use terms like building concrete relations?
I don't dispute the flow of emotions, but what contaminates emotions? If they flow naturally and without being exposed to any contaminant then we see-eye-to eye? Is this the case?
- 10/12/2016Psychology of control | State of Mind - Top Documentary Psychology of control | State of Mind - Top Documentary Mind control (also known as brainwashing, reeducation, brainsweeping, coercive persuasion, thought...
- Producer07/12/2016Predator, Prey and Human BeingWe act in inhuman ways towards each other daily without realizing that we treat people as prey and we are the cunning predator.Our eyes are in front. We are a predatory species. Killing is in our DNA. It’s in our nature to kill.Vegans can french...
- Producer06/12/2016The sons of war...the perverse inclusion : one social vision.Published on November 8, 2016 Andrea Donnard ...
- 05/12/2016What are values for our lives?www.linkedin.com Andrea Brunelli Donnard Psychologist/psychoterapeut/psycho oncology Member of Editorial Board of Juniper Publishers Journal Truthfulness, merit, ability, merit, vigor, quality, respect,...
- 30/11/2016More than 30 million Americans suffer from an eating disorder. Don’t wait to get help.Eating Disorder Treatment in Utah - Pathways Real Life Recoverypathwaysreallife.com Our treatment for eating disorders in Utah is tailored to the patient to make sure they receive the help they need to live a happy, healthy...
- Producer25/11/2016Independent in thought, Interdependent in realityI’m a straight stone cold individualist.The moment I find people around me giving me the sincerest form of flattery by taking on some of my mannerisms of speech, I change the way I talk so I can continue to be different. Some people say this looks...
- Producer08/11/2016Your World is Full of Placebo Buttons (and That’s a Good Thing)All products and services, everything we buy and use, have but one job—to modulate our mood. The fundamental reason we use technology of relief is tantamount to actual relief. Consider the so-called placebo button.perception of all sorts, from stone...
- Producer10/11/2016Don't play the blame game"It's not me, it's you". How many relationships (both personal and business) have ended with those words. And the truth is, it's most likely a lie. But apportioning blame is more detrimental to those who initiate it than they might imagine. After...
- 04/11/2016This Is Why It’s Illegal, Study Confirms Cannabis Makes You Peaceful — Alcohol Fuels Aggression - Counter Current Newscountercurrentnews.com If anyone needs a reminder on the absurdity of the U.S. approach to drugs, consider the fact that cannabis is classified as a Schedule 1 drug with “no currently accepted medical use” and a “high potential for abuse,” while alcohol is not even...
- 03/11/2016Inc.com article Social media and Psychopathy. A must read.
cc. @Javier 🐝 beBee, @Matt 🐝 Sweetwood, @John White, MBA, @David B. Grinberg, gh@Lisa 🐝 Gallagherim@Aurorasa Simaet@Irene HackettAre You Talking to a Psychopath? 9 Subtle Things to Look For, According to Sciencewww.inc.com A single conversation could be all you need to spot a...
Comments10/11/2016 #79 Anonymous#78 You are most welcome @Gerald Hecht, my friend. I would like to once again point out that If we try to help others, sometimes we will be on the wrong track, sometimes we will make an omission and finally, sometimes we will succeed. We should always count on all three options. That's the beauty and the agony of generosity. However, when one day we think about it, we will see that ultimately good always returns good (good prevails).10/11/2016 #76 Gerald Hecht#75 @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman yeah--see my "thing" is that people usually understand what I'm talking about after about two days...just about the time they realize @Milos Djukic has once again acted like a "playground tattle-tale" --regarding an issue that is beyond his comprehension in the first place; this happened so many times now; one would think users would have formed some sort of "self-correcting" (he'd like that I hope --he means well and is a nice person) mechanism by now04/11/2016 #67 John White, MBA#64 @Irene Hackett: action was taken by @Javier 🐝 beBee today regarding this matter. You can see his post for details. On a separate incident, yesterday, there were two people whose accounts were removed from beBee for bullying. It simply won't be tolerated here on beBee. Please, if you observe it in the future use the report abuse tab to flag the comment. All of those reports are reviewed and action is taken if it is indeed abusive behavior.04/11/2016 #66 Deb 🐝 Helfrich#64 Most appreciate your contribution, @Irene Hackett. Most of the time adults can be trusted to be adults. Occasionally, even those of us who don't like to impinge on anybody's discussions have to speak up as silence - in the very extreme instances - is taken as agreement.
I am speaking out because I do not want any valued member to feel hurt and alone. I want to encourage people to trust their gut if they see something crossing the line. No one will be labeled difficult for wanting to intervene when a critique of ideas crosses into a critique of a person.
I also don't appreciate the few folks minimizing it to a case of 'people come and go' when they apparently did not notice the issues. We are here to grow this site exponentially; high profile leavings based on things happening on the site should engender community discussion.
It is how things change.04/11/2016 #63 Lada 🏡 PrkicIt’s true that some successful leaders have these listed specific communication patterns. But I don’t think these patterns are related only to people labelled as psychopaths. I also doubt the results of some study that lead to such generalization. Many people used hand gestures while speaking, they sound charming, and are great storytellers.
Related to the discussion about questionable comments, last time we saw some embarrassing comments (for lack of a better word) they were explained in a way that there was a technical glitch or bug on a beBee site. It seems to me that there is only a “glitch” in someone’s head.
- 24/10/2016Why are there billionaires who seem so dissatisfied with their lives, and then there are those who live with very little who feel like they have everything they need? The reason is simple, Gratitude!The Importance of Gratitude in Recovery - Pathways Real Life Recoverypathwaysreallife.com Why are there billionaires who seem so dissatisfied with their lives, and then there are those who live with very little who feel like they have...
- Producer21/10/2016Para vender, organízate primero.Para aquellos que la venta es nuestro trabajo; solemos pasar por etapas o momentos (durante la semana o hasta varias veces durante el día) En los cuales conseguir una venta (generalmente la primera) se convierte en una “peligrosa” obsesión que en...
Comments26/10/2016 #15 Rose SpotMuchas gracias por los consejos, @Fernando Santa Isabel Llanos, que dificil es vender, yo soy la parte creativa, diseño, produccion pero la venta hay que hacerlo ya que estamos al principio del business y sin budget para marketing...Pero si pudiera daria un riñon...La venta es la parte mas dificil ya que toda la creatividad del mundo no bastaria si no hay buenos vendedores...22/10/2016 #11 Jorge 🐝 Carballo PérezExcelente @Fernando 🐝 Santa Isabel Llanos destila años en la calle y muchas suelas de zapatos gastadas. Yo añadiría un pequeño detalle, nunca confundamos creer que el cliente es tu amigo. No es tu cliente. De la misma forma que tu hijo, es tu hijo, no tu amigo.21/10/2016 #4 claudia velazquez fernandezGracias por los consejos, vendo seguros de vida y llevo unos días de no poder colocar ninguno, lo que me lleva a la frustración y esa peligrosa obsesión de hacer mi primer venta de la mañana, trataré de poner en práctica sus enseñanzas y así concretar.
- 20/10/2016"Solitude offers restoration". Do you completely agree with the statement?. Good article and promising book!13 things mentally strong people don't dowww.businessinsider.com No. 7: They don't dwell on the...
- 16/10/2016Inspired and Beyond Divorce - Hack your own Brainhackyourownbrain.com May be you are thinking about getting divorced, or are in the middle of...
- 28/09/2016We understand how Borderline Personality Disorder can affect your life and we can help you get back on track. http://pathwaysreallife.com/borderline-personality-disorder-treatment/
- 28/09/2016If you have loved one with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), here are some tips that can help.
Psychology+ 200 buzzes
Psychology is the study of behavior and mind, embracing all aspects of conscious and unconscious experience as well as thought. It is an academic discipline and an applied science which seeks to understand individuals and groups by establishing general principles and researching specific cases.