- Producer26/03/2017An Advertising Agency Started With The Vision Of Providing Budget Friendly Digital Advertising and Marketing SolutionsWhen the foundation of the Across The Road advertising and events agency was laid, we were very clear that we are not here to be just another full service agency rather our focus was to be a budget friendly advertising agency which will bring...
- Producer25/03/2017Worker Retention and Low Salary EmployersI want to take a moment to discuss employee retention and company awareness. Over the years I've had the opportunity to work with several companies who place different values on employee retention. While all of them wanted to keep their employees,...
- Producer25/03/2017Consumers ready to be wooed by Small BusinessFor years, marketing students have been taught (and dutifully regurgitated when they became marketing consultants) that excellent customer service is a vital ingredient in the successful small business recipe. Lately we’ve been reading that...
Comments26/03/2017 #15 Lisa 🐝 GallagherI get dizzy in malls too! I once had to walk out of a loud, bright store and go outside. I prefer humans over automation too. I have to admit though, I do use self check out's if I can. I'm faster and I pack my bags the way I like them packed. It seems people need trained to pack bags properly. Maybe that's because they are rushed and stores need to hire more employees??? I found out last evening our grocery store (we only have one major chain in town) down sized, cut employees hours and the woman working at 10pm last eve. when I went in told me she was the ONLY PERSON on for the night, she said she was wearing down fast because this is the trend since this store bought out our other store. They sell high end organic products but wow.. prices increased and customer service is almost null and void.25/03/2017 #13 Robert BacalAmen on all of this. It thrills me to notice that I'm not the only one who noticed that those self-checkouts are usually the last and rarely used (some companies have eliminated them. For those IN small business, I've written a series of articles on how small business can compete with the bigger outfits entitled "David vs Goliath - How Small Businesses Can Win" at http://work911.com/smallbiz/bigbiz/index.htm#david25/03/2017 #12 Joyce 🐝 Bowen#11 Until I started using those little motorized carts, finding help to find something was critical for me. I could collapse to the floor if I didn't find something in a timely fashion. Now I can browse easily, but am embarrassed when people give me these looks like the cart I drive is a pain in the arse. It's a tradeoff--I don't need the help vs needing too much help.25/03/2017 #8 Ken BoddieI get the feeling, Aleta, that you've been "nursing your wrath to keep it warm" on this subject for a while. Buy, hey, if you're going to spit the dummy then what better subject than the lack of coherent and relevant customer service, overseas call centres included. I distinctly remember getting outstanding services on only two occasions in the last year. In both cases I purchased a relatively expensive item because of the service, when I may have saved a few dollars elsewhere. If we continue to buy on line and pay lip service to stores that want to cut prices by having us go through self checkout devices, then we'll end up with a retail world serviced by robots. Now how can you ask a robot "does my bum look big in this"?25/03/2017 #7 Aleta CurryHere I go with the tags again. Trying only to Beep (See what I did there?) people I think might be interested in my business writing. Do let me know if you're not; last thing you need is more irrelevant posts in your feed. No hard feelings (okay, okay, maybe just a few, but all is forgiven).
- Producer24/03/2017Let's Give Our FB Page A BoostJust recently I created a new FB Page for my business. Most of us know that FB changed some rules and it is often a waste of money to advertise for your page. Let's support each other and give each other a little "LIKE" boost for our pages. My page...
- Producer23/03/2017Social Media Mistakes You Must Avoid as a Small BusinessAs the year progresses, businesses are striving to find new ways to grow their sales and become more efficient, either by investing in new software, implementing modern business strategies, hiring the best talent, or shifting to converged systems....
- 22/03/2017Download the small business emergency plan to get your business out of those less than savory situations.The Small Business Emergency Plan | Quill & Co.www.quilland.co Last October, Florida was under threat by a potentially devastating hurricane. Usually a pretty minor thing for us down here, but Hurricane Matthew threatened to pummel directly into West Palm Beach as a solid Category 4, meaning we were definitely...
- Producer22/03/20174 Bookkeeping Secrets to Keep Your Head Above WaterWith every business whether you are small or big, there is one concern and it is to manage your business’s money. To properly manage your finances is crucial in order to survive with competition in your industry, and in this volatile economic times....
- Producer21/03/20177 Tax Deductions Small-Business Owners Tend OverlookFinding ways to lower their quarterly and annual taxes can help smaller businesses and new startups to enjoy greater profitability. Some of the most commonly overlooked write-offs and deductions can translate into big savings. The following seven...
- 15/03/2017Why You Should Use Market Research for Your SME - BizzBee Solutionswww.bizzbeesolutions.com The size of your business is irrelevant when it comes to market research. Market research is indispensable for growing a business. Market research will reduce risks in your business, and it will also make your SME more competitive. Basically, it’s...
- 15/03/2017If we look at the current asset base of the Superannuation funds in Australia, it stands at almost two trillion australian dollars, and it is expected to grow exponentially in future.What you need to know about Superannuation in Australia | Understanding Superannuationwww.rayvataccounting.com Rayvat Accounting with help you figure out the various strategies in order to gain the maximum advantage of Superannuation in Australia. When you work with...
- Producer14/03/2017Growing a Small CompanyI am personally excited about the new book from bestselling author Mark Miller. LEADERS MADE HERE provides an insightful look on how leaders can build a leadership culture in their organization. I am sharing the following article (with permission)...
- 10/03/2017Benefits of Mobile Application Development for Small Business OwnersBenefits of Mobile Application Development for Small Business Ownerswww.linkedin.com If you are a small business owner and your business does not have a mobile app, you need to get one. Having a web presence alone is no...
- Producer09/03/2017Closed Captioning Services In New YorkThe History of Closed Captioning and SubtitlingWith the flood of government controls on the inscribing business, it has turned into another budgetary procedure for each TV station. There are just a couple of special cases to these FCC administrative...
- Producer07/03/2017Networking Via InternetJust a few days ago I joined BeBEE and am looking forward to interact and communicate. Also you will probably see postings of my blog articles based on my webpage too. I have been networking since over a decade and still see so many people who do...
- 05/03/2017Is your business growing too fast. Plan it right and you can sustain that growth.Is Your Business Growing Too Fast? | Herrmann Advantage Consultingwww.herrmannadvantageconsulting.com
- Producer01/03/2017How to Offer Services as a Freelancer on beBee Offer your services as a freelancer on beBee. Did you know that you can post your services as a freelancer on beBee? Find out all you all about it in this new edition of beBee Guide! Step 1 Log in and go to the profile tab. Once you are there you...
Comments01/03/2017 #1 Deb 🐝 HelfrichIn case anyone wants to know what happens when someone clicks on the APPLY button for a service that you offer, they will receive a message window pop-up to write you a message and it will appear in your beBee inbox. So the next time you see a message notification, it might be for some new work!
- Producer27/02/2017What to Look for When Renting Office SpaceWhen you are the founder of a startup company, it can feel tremendously validating when your new company grows to the point where you need to rent your first office space. All of a sudden, you aren't wearing all of the hats yourself. You have the...
- 25/02/2017⚠️⚠️Attention!!! Business owners, entrepreneurs, solo-preneurs, sales people, bankers, online marketers, network marketers...Anyone who wants to learn how to be more successful.
Come to the 10X Growth Conference March 17-19th in Miami Florida at the Diplomat hotel. Where you will hear over 22+ guest speakers give strategies to grow your business, your brand, and become more successful at anything you do.
Seats are limited and are selling out quickly!
💯👍Invest in yourself here: https://grantcardone.com/collections/all-products/products/10xgrowthconference/?ref=smithlance
#work #hustle #life #instagood #blogger #10x #entrepreneur #10xgrowthcon #10x #solopreneur #businessman #businesswoman #startup #mlm #networkmarketing #content #campaign #conference #miami @grantcardone @elenacardone @jarrodglandt @smoothy_d @therealbradlea @realkevinharrington @thelesbrown @thesharkdaymond @timstoreyofficial
- Producer23/02/2017(Video) How to Use Google Analytics for Your Digital MarketingThe Leverage of Digital Marketing As a small business, there are different ways in which you can promote your business through multiple digital marketing and advertising channels. Digital marketing is a simple and affordable way to advertise...
- Producer22/02/2017The 10 Commandments Of Marketing To WomenMost people who know me think of me as an op/ed writer, spouting arguably articulate points of view on things like politics, social media, entertainment and like where I live now.But I am also a professional writer and blogger. This post was one I...
Comments07/03/2017 #61 Javier 🐝 beBeeQuestion: Are women different from men? Answer: Yes.
Do they behave differently when they are buying? Yes.
And if they are different, shouldn't we be marketing to them in a different way? Yes.
Basic demographics for marketing are:
Gender, age, location, profession and areas of interest !
Thanks @Jim Murray23/02/2017 #55 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsBesides being more likely to refer they are also more likely to broadcast a complaint. Men will give their opinions on a product online but a woman will tell you everything and I mean everything that is wrong with your product. I've noticed this as I do always look for reviews of products and most often men's reviews are not helpful.
Not bad for a man 😆😆😂 Jim!23/02/2017 #53 Jim MurrayApologies to all the beautiful women out there for all the dog eat dog bullshit that has polluted this comment stream. Alpha males. Duh. Anyway, you can agree or disagree with any or all of these characteristics, but understand that I was very careful to source them from articles published only by women. And as my long gone dad used to say..."Differences of opinion are what make horse races."23/02/2017 #48 Lada 🏡 PrkicWell, @Jim Murray, I took your advice and I have read these commandments a couple of times. 😊
I can find myself in most of them. But some of these characteristics can also refer to men, including my husband. We both believe that quantity is not quality, and we trust common sense, rather than authority. My job in project management is based on planning to avoid possible negative outcomes, but sometimes I act less logically outside of work.
I fully agree with 9th commandment, because I am always doing some research about product, and read testimonials and reviews before buying. I think it's the engineering side of me. :)
This is a nice post, and it is sad that is used as a place for a personal showdown between some users.23/02/2017 #46 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#26 Nice post @Jim Murray. I love how @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman broke down a list. I just copied/pasted hers to do my own, thanks Franci!
1. Women Are Focused On Connections: - Yes
2. Women Trust Common Experience - Agreed
3. Women Prefer Win/Win Situations - Sometimes Me: Not at the expense of others or our pocket books
4. Women Plan Ahead To Avoid Negative Outcomes - Sometimes Me: Other times we need it now and no time to plan ahead
5. Women Put More Time And Research Into Their Decisions - Sometimes Me: And sometimes we are too impulsive
6. Women Are More Loyal To Those With Whom They Do Business - Agreed
7. Women Refer More Often Than Men - Agree, maybe because we are larger consumers of products
8. Women Are Much More No-Nonsense Than Men - Agreed - Me: I used to feel the opposite until I began to see the Politics of men in business
9. Women Prefer Stories To Facts - Agreed. I read reviews
10. Women Genuinely Believe That Quantity Is Not Quality - Yes, quality rules
Franci, you and I agreed similarly. I left your words in (sometimes, agree etc..) Jim; "Yea but you're a guy," that gave me a chuckle. Great points Jim!23/02/2017 #41 🐝 Fatima G. WilliamsThese are fantastic commandments @Jim Murray Thank you for taking the time to point out what women can do. With women being empowered by men like yourself. This world will become an amazing place.
Maybe then the world would be less of a ‘dog eat dog’ place than it is now.#True23/02/2017 #39 Robert Bacal#38 The reason it's necessary to talk about "you", apart from the fact that you made it about you by claiming knowledge of the absolute truth, is that your current level of hostility is so badly messing up your parsing of what's being said, it's clear you aren't understanding what's being said.
WHich is the problem with the holders of absolute truth. You can't converse, you can't learn from them, and they don't listen. I've had better success with Jehovah's Witnesses, Evanagelicals, and other guardians.
Sorry, max, I'm out. I have been supportive of you because I see a lot of positive elements in what you say, a lot of golden nuggets that jive well with my Buddhist thinking. I actually knew what Shamans were/are, having studied that. Now, I think you've forsaken your peace for outright hostility.
As for your invocation of psychology, I spent something like 15 years of formal study in psychology, taught it at university, yada yada yada. So, you know. It's time for me to move on.
Good luck on your future ruling of the universe (I'm joking, but I couldn't help myself. I couldn't waste a good line).23/02/2017 #37 Robert Bacal#28 Well, I tried, @Max🐝 J. Carter because I tend to like people who have strong faiths, but you've managed to substitute condemning for the word I used, which was judgment.
So, let me be blunt. Not that you can stop me. Universal truth claims have been made to justify most of the world's worst aggressions, including genocide, oppression, murder, slavery. The certainty of those that are the protectors of absolute truth, and the desire to IMPOSE that absolute truth on others through word and deed are the core causes of violence, physical, spiritual, emotional.
You are WAY out of line on this.
Jim is writing on how to play the "game" of marketing. You are hating the game of marketing. It's two completely different issues. Jim didn't make up the game or the rules, or the cultures in which the game exists.
If I look at the results of stereotyping gender, and I look at the results created by people who "know the absolute truth", I will ALWAYS support the lesser. And in this case...well.
- 23/02/2017I'm new to BeBee and welcome all business connections. I'm an HR consultant working with small to medium businesses. I recently did a two-part series on diversity and ageism in the workplace (see Part II link below). Thinking of ideas for my next blog post. If any subject is of particular interest, let me know. Thanks!The Blog and Musings of Andrea D. Trent – HR Maven At-Largehrbizpartner.net
Comments23/02/2017 #5 Marisa Fonseca DinizGreat article. It is a worldwide tendency to recrimination by age, worse when there are certain outdated concepts in thinking that all professionals above a certain age are lazy or resistant in developing new learning or tasks.
Here in Brazil happens the same problem, that is, until the age of 25 you are too young and inexperienced, after the age of 40 you are considered too old to have good job opportunities.
I have a company and most of my employees are in the age ranges listed in the job market, but contrary to what most HR experts say, I have a very productive team and everyone, both young and old, interact very much good.
- Producer22/02/2017When Should I Outsource Social Media Marketing and Strategy?Will Outsourcing Social Strategy Help My Business Grow?As an owner you have to be able to leverage your local presence and reach while reacting faster to changes than larger companies. In order to do this effectively there will come a point...
Comments23/02/2017 #2 David ChappellI recently came to the same conclusion. When it's to much to handle it's time to let someone else handle it for you. I wrestled with the idea of outsourcing my social media management for a long time because I was afraid of sabotage or destruction when the manager became disgruntled or was just ready to leave. I wound up breaking management into little pieces. Good article!