- Producer07/12/2016Generation Z Marketing TipsMarketing has changed significantly over the past few years as more companies have started targeting their efforts towards Millennials, a completely new and different type of consumer than we’ve ever seen before. But just as businesses are starting...
Comments07/12/2016 #1 Michael BellinaGreat information! Another thing to consider is that they do all of this on their phone. My son is a "Z" and he uses his laptop for writing papers and that's about it. He watches Netflix and YouTube on a 3.5 inch screen. It is important that your marketing to this generation in a mobile context or you may miss them.
- 07/12/2016Infographic! "8 Steps To Building a Powerful Personal Brand That Will Change Your Life." http://www.inc.com/john-white/8-steps-to-building-a-powerful-personal-brand-that-will-change-your-life.html
- 07/12/2016In this article, I walk you through five of the hottest SEO trends that you can expect to see more of in 2017.Five Even More Buzzworthy SEO Trends You Need to Know in 2017www.marketingprofs.com Search Engine Marketing - Last year, I wrote about five SEO trends you needed to know in 2016. Much has stayed the same since I made those predictions, but much has changed, too....
- Producer03/12/2016The Week In Social Media Volume 8 Its Saturday, and that means another edition of The Week In Social Media is ready to launch !!!!Its been a week full of social media news and sometimes we might miss some great stories, so we have gathered some of the stories and shares across the...
- 07/12/2016#LinkedIn Removes Premium Search Filters #business #bad #HR #searchesLinkedIn Removes Premium Search Filterswww.eremedia.com The drama that plagues LinkedIn continued to unfold this morning with a shocking post from Ira Bass on Google+. 'LinkedIn is a money maker venture and someone has to pay for the $26 million acquisition,' said Bass. 'I've been a member of LinkedIn...
- Producer06/12/2016Social Networking: The Triangle of ThreeIntroducing the simplified final and ONLY guide you need to courteous social networking online! The Triangle of Three is composed of what I believe to be the 3 main elements to social networking based on my experience using LinkedIn and other social...
Comments07/12/2016 #5 Lisa GallagherGreat tips @Emily Forget (Newbee!). I prefer organic and engagement networking. I've met most of my connections this way with the exception of twitter which is a bit more complicated and time consuming. Another note: Re-posting other's content over one's own tends to help a person make new connections too. I repost content I like or content I feel is pertinent to others which may not apply to me. If I can help another, then my job is done ;-) Also, unless Linkedin has changed things, many people do not receive the personalized messages, so I gave up on those. I'm not saying people should... I was told numerous times after connecting that the person never received my personalized request and vice versa. Thanks for this!
- Producer07/12/2016Social Media Over 40 "Using Curiosity As A Social Media Asset" Featuring Josh SchwartzSome months ago i was having lunch with an old colleague from my days in printed media, we talked about many subjects but as we all know when meeting someone from a previous employer usually the conversation leads to WORK... -These new sales...
Comments07/12/2016 #1 Michele WilliamsGreat advice for startups. Josh : "Your customers will stay with you when they’re having success with your solution. If you want to keep and grow your customer base, which we all should, then interview your customers to find out what they need and where they are having success. It’s also not a bad idea to create a Customer Advisory Board to harbor and generate new ideas for your product. If your customers know you’re listening and they get to have an impact on the direction of your product – they will be your best advocates."
- 07/12/2016My latest on Inc. Yes, I just published at midnight. It seems my night owl USA/Canada friends, Europeans just waking up, and others around the world here on beBee help me generate some nice traffic while the other bloggers on Inc are sleeping! Thanks for all the buzz!!How To Use Hashtag Intelligence To Generate Better Leadswww.inc.com How you use hashtags can often make or break your marketing...
- 07/12/2016Take the time and effort to correct misinformationwww.nature.com Scientists should challenge online falsehoods and inaccuracies — and harness the collective power of the Internet to fight back, argues Phil...
Comments07/12/2016 #12 Gerald HechtSadly, I believe that "Brandolini's law" is getting worse; this is a very, very bad situation --make NO MISTAKE! The author's estimate that it requires "one order of magnitude more effort to combat fake news via the presentation of the actual facts"... is, I believe, rapidly approaching TWO OR MORE ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE more effort. This doesn't mean that we should give up --but it does add even more logistical obstacles to the effort of countering propaganda with truth; for in the process of "increasing the volume" (even though the message be one of truth)...the net effect is one of such a tremendous amount of "noise"...that the uninformed/uneducated will most likely be simply overwhelmed; unable to know what to believe! This increases the likelihood of people simply "TUNING OUT". Make no mistake --this really is VERY BAD; indeed the FDA (just this week) has already dramatically lowered the bar for acceptable evidence rules regarding approval of new medications. I don't know what the answer is --I do know the effects of overloading the delivery systems in communications...positive feedback loops of (sometimes painful, sometimes ecstatic) meaningless, incoherent distortion...07/12/2016 #11 Harvey Lloyd@Milos Djukic this situation is challenging. We have seen politics lead the way in misinformation as a deterrent to truth. This has become so acceptable that it is not really the truth anymore that we seek, but yet the results of any information that gets us what we want.
Once someone stands up in the theatre yells "FIRE" please scream the truth all you want, people will still be clamouring for the doors. The story will unfold over time as each fleeing movie goer settles into their eye witness report.
Unfortunately, news and media in general have become fluid in bending opinions and emotions with total disregard for truth. Within the global warming issue the facts have been so clouded the issue has become an apathetic discussion with folks that have emotions, not informed opinions.
My personal take on global warming is that climate is changing. But why are we trying to monetize global warming through charity, carbon exchanges and most importantly why are we arguing about science?
New Orleans is sinking into the Gulf while measurable Gulf levels are rising. I don't need science, i need a ruler and ruled tablet and fat number 2 pencil. Maybe a wooden 12" ruler.
Misinformation pays money; Bends the public opinion in a direction that someone or something benefits. Facts just get in the way.07/12/2016 #5 David B. GrinbergThanks for sharing this excellent article, Milos. We must not let misinformation or fake news usurp the truth in today's frenetic mobile, digital and virtual Information Age. Thus, no one should be shy in immediately clarifying and correcting media mistakes online. The extra effort is well worth the desired result. At least that's one lesson I learned from 20+ years of working closely with the news media: go the extra mile because the truth is worth it and facts don't lie!
- 07/12/2016"Must Read" interview with @Javier beBee which remind me of some sage advice from Cervantes: "Believe there are no limits..."In Five Years, #beBee Will Be As Big As Facebookmedium.com CEO and co-founder Javier Cámara : “Our concept is...
- 07/12/2016Some sage social media advice here...Don’t Quit Social Media. Put It to Work for Your Career Instead.www.nytimes.com Patrick Gillooly of Monster takes issue with Cal Newport, who recently urged professionals to quit social media. Mr. Gillooly says the career benefits far outweigh the...
- 07/12/2016How Will Marketing Evolve in 2017? 14 Experts Reveal The Top Digital Marketing Trends to Keep Your Eye On. Plus four key themes that we see taking center stage in the upcoming year -2017 Marketing Predictions [Slide Deck]blog.marketo.com Do you ever get to this time of the year and look back and ask yourself where the time went? Maybe it’s just me, but 2016 went FAST. So instead of looking back, we’re looking forward to what 2017 will mean for marketers. Here are four key themes...
- Producer06/12/20163 Elements to Build and Engage a Community for Your StartupStartups and small companies do not have large budgets to build strong brands that attract customers to their businesses, so these startups have to reach out to potential prospects themselves. Building a strong community is a great way to...
- Producer06/12/2016LinkedIn Tips Day 2, Customizing Your Public Profile URLTHE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE URLYou can enhance your personal brand by creating a custom URL for your LinkedIn public profile. You can control how you appear when people search for you on Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. You can use this URL on...
- 06/12/2016In this article, you’ll discover how to involve your entire staff in your social media marketing.How to Include All Employees in Your Social Media Marketing : Social Media Examinerwww.socialmediaexaminer.com Want to expand your business's reach on social media? Discover how to involve your entire staff in your social media...
- Producer06/12/2016Ecommerce Technology: Emerging Trends For Today’s Fashion Brands[See the original post written by Brent Barnhart in the Photoslurp blog]For today’s ecommerce brands, changing with the times is crucial.Through Photoslurp’s partnership with Decoded Fashion, we’ve met with a number of emerging companies who are...
- Producer06/12/2016Before Writing Comes ThinkingA NEW AND DIFFERENT WAY TO IMPROVE YOUR WRITING... As a professional writer, editor, university educator, and speaker, with more than 1,000 print and digital publications, I've recently launched an online program for...
Comments06/12/2016 #1 Phil FriedmanFrom now until Valentine's Day, www.learn2engage.org is offering a 10% Finder's Appreciation Bonus to anyone who refers a client. And if the client signs up and mentions your name plus the code #WRITETHINKING, that client will also receive a 10% discount on his or her tuition fee. A win all around. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 05/12/2016Google App Maker, crea aplicaciones sin saber programar - ComputerHoy.comcomputerhoy.com App Maker es la nueva aplicación de Google destinada a organizar el trabajo en las empresas, gestionar proyectos y automatizar procesos de selección y...
- Producer06/12/2016‘Re-Inventing’ Yourself? Got Transferable Skills?I recently finished a tedious telephone conversation while making a simple hotel reservation. The reservations clerk at the hotel had a very difficult time understanding my e-mail address. I could not believe how the reservation person was not able...
Comments07/12/2016 #8 Wayne Yoshida#7 I know what you mean. I was at the hardware store last week, looking for a common hand tool (center punch). The kid had no idea what I was talking about, yet he worked in a hardware store, in the tool aisle. He took out his phone and started pushing buttons. He said, "Row 11." I went there. No good. I ran across another fellow, same deal. No idea what I was talking about. This time the floor guy showed me his phone so I could see his app. I said, "No. I asked for a center punch" -- pin punch, nail set. NO! I said center punch! I found it myself. Sheesh. Even with an app some people still aren't 100 percent there.06/12/2016 #3 Lisa GallagherYour story with the person on the other end at the hotel reminded me of my own experience not so long ago. The man wouldn't stop long enough to listen to the spelling of my last name, he didn't get my email address right and wouldn't take my confirmation number to look up my existing reservation. He was obviously not suited for the position he took. Great tips you offered @Wayne Yoshida. No one should ever apply for a job they are not qualified to do.
- Producer05/12/2016Is the new year the right time to start your own business (part 1)?In this week's blog post I'm talking business and more to the point considering when is the right time to get started in your own business along with some of the things you need to consider. If you've never thought about running your own show it...
Comments05/12/2016 #1 Deb HelfrichThere is a lot of wisdom in this post, @Simon Gray. I especially like this very true observation: "Stay in the game long enough and there can only be one option – eventually you'll find the success you've worked so hard to achieve!"
You mentioned about how "Finance, IT, legal, branding, marketing and a multitude of other things aside from doing the day job now all needed taking care of " it is also really important to find a set of encouraging virtual-water-cooler buddies who can be able to put your mind back on staying in the game on the way to success.
- Producer05/12/2016📌Turn Off Your Activity Broadcast Feed Before You Start To Edit Your Profile.KNOW WHAT’S TOO MUCHWhen you make a change to your profile, your contacts will be notified on their news feed. This is done even after something as simple as correcting a typo.As you might imagine, this could become incredibly annoying to your...
- 05/12/201612 Days of LinkedIn Tips, Day 1📌Turn Off Your Activity Broadcast Feed Before You Start To Edit Your Profile.www.linkedin.com KNOW WHAT’S TOO MUCH When you make a change to your profile, your contacts will be notified on their news feed. This is done even after something as simple as correcting a typo. As you might...
- 05/12/2016Here are 4 steps to help create better engagement on social media and make sure you’re ‘not throwing away your shot.’4 Ways to Create a Buzz on Social Media, the ‘Hamilton’ Waywww.salesforce.com
- Producer04/12/2016How to Kill it on Twitter, 1: Clean is BestDoing Twitter right is a complicated thing. I can make it easier. . . a lot easier. I can't make it automatic. At least, I can't if we want to stay on Twitter's good side. And, yes, we want to stay on Twitter's good side.Many account growth...
Comments06/12/2016 #17 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#15 I'm back home after a meeting out of town. A 3-hour return drive gives great opportunity for thought.
RE your issue, FancyJ,... There is nothing that can be done in a hurrry. You do need to follow back more people... those you deem to fit the profile you want. You also need to clean out any unfollowers from those you follow. The mechanisms for doing both already exist in our app.
You alluded to the fact that you want to connect with people who are active and who interact with you. We scan who retweets or mentions you (or another account for that matter) and add them to a list of potential follows. Then, you filter the potential follows list according to whatever you want. The possible filters are vast.
Once you have that, you can schedule the follows. You can also set a bunch of them on ignore.
You can't control who follows you. But, over time, you can build a list of people you follow who are active and who have already proven their willingness to interact (because they already did). Who you follow will be a subset of who is following you based on parameters you set up in the first place.
That's really the best you can hope for. Reah out if you have questions06/12/2016 #16 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#15 As I sit here thinking about it, I see that many people need to fix their accounts. There are people they follow that they shouldn't, and people they should follow that they aren't. Those issues are done once they start using the app, but, what about all the time before?
I need to figure out how to fix it without piling on a ton of processing needs. It's important to me to keep the eventual cost way down.
Also, a big account like yours brings out several new layers of complexity that I had not considered. The obvious solution is to have you follow everybody, then unfollow whoever doesn't fit a profile. Problem: It would take nearly two years to follow everyone at max safe follow limits. In the meantime, you wouldn't be able to do anything new.
Yep, I need to think on this06/12/2016 #14 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#13 Hi FancyJ... The answer to your question is a definite, "No." Usually, I would say that following back blindly caused the problem in the first place. That isn't so in your case.
You have 454,637 followers as of right now. You are only following 3,744. So, no, you aren't following blindly.
You can't stop people from following you short of blocking them. That's extreme. Still, it's warranted sometimes.
Since most Twitter growth packages focus on following the followings of others, there's a huge incentive for spammers, scammers, follower-sellers, and the like to follow big accounts like yours. Sorry, but there isn't much you can do about that.
On Twitter, anyone can follow anyone. Your "audience" is that group that both follows and is followed. IMO: Your strategy should be to follow back those accounts that fit a profile you want to interact with and/or promote to. Ignore the others. That we can definitely help with going forward.
This is what I mean about this app being crowd-built. You aren't the only person facing this issue. It's unusual, it's the exact opposite of most Twitter problems.
It intrigues me.
Rather than hunt down potential people to follow, you already have a massive potential friends base. You need to filter them and follow-back accordingly. This will require some thought.
The problem, technically, is that Twitter does not supply profile data for each follower. So, you can't filter them. I have to go grab the data in other passes. It would take about an hour and a half to pull in all that data.
It can be done.
This will require some thought. Maybe we can break up the job into manageable pieces.
Let me get back to you. If I come up with a possible solution, are you game to test it?06/12/2016 #13 FancyJ London 🎶I have quite a few followers the majority being no active, or phish. How can I get rid of the fake, xxx, and eggs? Will this program work for me with such a high number? I am desperate to weed out my account and focus on my interacting connections. Thank you for posting this I just hope I can benefit from it. Cheer @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian05/12/2016 #11 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianYes, Lisa it looks like you did it right. SO did everyone else, even if @Pamela L. Williams is overly generous with her grace period, but, hey, it's HER grace period.
Re your 403s: Check your email, this may be a back-blow from the comm error we experienced a little bit ago. I sent you an email on how to fix it. I'll be out today until this afternoon. I'll call you then.05/12/2016 #10 Lisa GallagherThanks for this @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian, phew.. Ok, I did this one right the first time. I just need to remember to clean out. I sent you an email on gmail (that was a mouthful). Many of my posts that were tweeting w/out incident suddenly received the 403 code and I don't think anything is tweeting from my account now? They were doing just fine up until Nov 3rd?04/12/2016 #7 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#2 You can't be fully automatic if you wanted to on Twitter (at least not for long). It would seem we are talking about two different things here.
Twitter is largely useless one-on-one. It comes into its stride as a many-to-many platform and as a content promotion/broadcast medium.
To make that work, you need not just any numbers, but targeted numbers. That is what we are trying to accomplish. That is what this app is designed to do.
Thanks for your comment04/12/2016 #5 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian@Teresa Gezze, @Federico Álvarez San Martín, @Javier beBee, @Jim Murray
Looking more closely, it seems like 930X496 would be optimal for Twitter Shares.
Maybe an Image 930Xsomething would fit both timelines if we understand that only the top 496 would show up in Twitter shares?04/12/2016 #4 Federico Álvarez San MartínThank you @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian. We have a task of improving the quality of sharing. Soon they will be with images of good quality, without losing of the original image and with the well-defined rules in each social network. Thank you for the feedback. Best Regards.04/12/2016 #3 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian@Teresa Gezze, @Federico Álvarez San Martín, @Javier beBee
I used a 2:1 ratio for the main image here just like Tess suggested in her post. Yes, it shares much better to Twitter without any strange cropping.
BUT. . . It looks weak here in the feed.
Compare it to @Jim Murray's Daily buzz for today. This one works much better on Twitter. Jim's works tons better here.
Social Marketing Solutions5K buzzes
Social Marketing Solutions, LLC, (SMS) is located in historic Old Town Fort Collins, Colorado, servicing clients locally, nationally, and internationally. SMS specializes in online branding utilizing today’s latest social marketing tactics to tell your brand story to potential customers, making it easier for them to find your website and purchase your products or services. We help you develop your online presence and drive engagement by using our proven social marketing and inbound techniques.