- Producer22/03/2017LinkedIn Alternatives for Professional NetworkingWhen we talk of building your professional network the first name that pops up in our mind probably is LinkedIn. Whether you are looking for a new job, looking to hire a professional for your set up or simply wish to grow your professional network...
Comments22/03/2017 #18 John Vaughan#16 "Time other networks get reminded of the same underlying principle" sez @Devesh Bhatt
Yup. As appropriate and as needed. Hope to see you and other concerned citizens contributing to that effort.
LinkedIn needs it a bunch. Been doing it myself for a buncha years - https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/0_33yLQDnNkqLRm-bXWm38zJ (Most of my posts & articles on beBee appeared first on LinkedIn ... long before they appeared here)
By the same token, some other venues don't need the reminders quite as much. Quora (https://www.quora.com/profile/John-Vaughan) is a personal favorite. It fulfills much of the 'professional' part of the equation - and does so without defensive hysterics or self-promotional bluster. Give it a try.22/03/2017 #17 Javier 🐝 beBeebeBee is an engagement.-based community.
"On beBee, we drive connection and engagement through passions, hobbies, personal and professional interests. You can find other individuals with the same interests as you and then you can create a dialogue over that commonality. This is what we call affinity networking - a connectionmmon interest." by @Matt 🐝 Sweetwood.
An affinity group - what we call a HIVE on beBee - is a group formed around a shared interest or common goal, to which individuals formally or informally belong.22/03/2017 #13 Ali AnaniPart/ 2
I then responded to @Javier 🐝 beBee as follows:
very well-explained the idea of beBee. I hope you use your comment @Javier 🐝 beBee in your explanation of beBee whenever needed. Your message is very clear in your comment.
Javier responded by writing Ali Anani I fully agree ! you can have a look at " with a link to this wonderful buzz by Javier. So, here I am and I don't know how I missed reading this buzz before.
This is a well-articulated buzz and the flow of ideas is balanced and very logical. BeBee stands out and I dare say it loudly.22/03/2017 #12 Ali AnaniPart/ 1
@Javier 🐝 beBee published today an interesting buzz titled "We're All Selling Something".
I commented on this buzz as follows:
When a baby cries the minute is born h/s is selling through crying. You are correct @Javier 🐝 beBee. The question is then what we sell? beBee sells the idea of affinity hives and tis explains why people are joining beBee.
Javier responded as follows:
exactly @Ali Anani I love beBee because it is an engagement.-based community. On beBee, we drive connection and engagement through passions, hobbies, personal and professional interests. You can find other individuals with the same interests as you and then you can create a dialogue over that commonality. This is what we call affinity networking - a connection based on common interest.22/03/2017 #9 John VaughanWell, this article is not so much an exploration and analysis of "alternatives for professional networking' as it is a beBee marketing blurb (10 paragraphs) + 1-paragraph throwaways about the other platforms. No big surprise there, but still ... *yawn*
A little deeper (and even-handed) comparison of professional socialNets is helpful. Try this: https://jcvtcsblog.wordpress.com/category/socialnet/
The punchline is that these aren't just publishing venues.
The underlying insight is that useful, mature socialNets will allow us 'users' to share, cross-pollinate, and collaborate gracefully *across* platforms.
Why Are We Here?https://jcvtcsblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/30/socialnet-why-are-we-here/22/03/2017 #8 Tausif MundrawalaContribution towards beBee is like investing in an mutual funds' one of the best fund. The benefits we reap is like adding NAV(net asset value) where each unit gets added to our profile in the form of excellent comments and best contacts. If someone is a risk averse investor , the financial planner recommends to invest in a debt fund and if he/she is ready to take risk been youngsters then equity linked fund is recommended.
Why not being a young at heart and invest more in equity linked fund like beBee and reap huge dividends. Thank you so much our fund manager, @Javier 🐝 beBee22/03/2017 #3 David NobleGood article Javier. I am very new to this platform and while I find it a bit confusing at the moment I like the more personal aspect to it - in the same way I dislike facebook if that can make any sense? I have already run across a bunch of folk that are basically just posting to self promote rather than contribute and contrary to how things are on LinkedIn for example, it feels rather jarring.
It is a fledgling platform that will only increase in usefulness as it grows so I am interested to see how it progresses.... providing I can work how to use it properly that is....22/03/2017 #1 Chas ✌️ WyattI used to belong to Xing, but, I found it to have more starch than LinkedIn. I've tried other sites, but, they tend to do away with the social aspect after failing to garner the needed support. I prefer the honey on beBee. While I may not have a basket of eggs, I'll keep my pollen here, thank you very much.
- 22/03/2017Paid reach is not necessarily the best reach. With no engagement from your target audience. What's the point?
- Social Media Marketing Getting Started Guide In this video I discuss the recent launch of my Getting Started Guide for Social Media Marketing. This guide is a 100% free download from website at...
- Utilizing Twitter's Direct Messaging feature is a great way for your brand to provide one-on-one, personalized customer service.
- Producer21/03/20173 Signs You have a Terrible Personal Brand on Social MediaA few months ago I started my Masters in Digital Media and I decided to blog about my experience and the way I view the world from the perspective of a Digital Media Masters student and a practitioner of Digital Media. One of the things ‘grind my...
- 21/03/2017Thought it was time for a repost.A newBee’s Promotion Tool Kit: Starting off with a Bang on BeBeewww.bebee.com The more bees are in a hive, the more honey that hive puts out. The more Bees we have on beBee, the more we all get out of it. This post is meant...
- You can now save your Instagram Live videos to your camera roll! This will allow you to repurpose your videos on any Social Media platform.
- 20/03/2017Please Support & Share my new project!!! It's only a 7 day funding cycle so act fast!Don't Stand Close to Me and Never Breathe Near My Coffee!www.kickstarter.com Anti-social and introverted wannabe writer will finally launch a blog detailing her attempts to overcome an overly predictable...
- 20/03/2017Social Media is a major key with consumer's online research. Your brand has to have a strong presence or miss out on sales.
- 20/03/2017@Javier 🐝 beBee @Juan Imaz One of the benefits of listening to social medial is this one: 14. Build a community of brand ambassadors. You're doing great beBee. Keep on listening! @David B. Grinberg @Milos Djukic @John White, MBA20 Benefits of Social Media Listening a.k.a. Monitoringwww.business2community.com (+ 15 Tips on what to do with information) Social media listening is the process of identifying [real-time] conversations happening on social media about a product, or a brand so you can respond in...
- 20/03/2017Love seeing brands I work with report their growth on Social Media! It's what fuels my passion for this industry!
- 20/03/2017A Simple Sales Enablement Frameworkwww.saleshub.ca Follow this simple sales enablement framework to organize your efforts across various departments such as sales, marketing, management, and...
- 20/03/2017I'd like to take this opportunity to recognize my Sales & Marketing Manager, Edith Edgar, for winning two 2016 Laurel Awards for Excellence in Marketing, presented by Northeast Florida Builders Association last Friday evening.
NOTE: I'll be losing her soon as she is relocating to Coeur d' Alene, Idaho so if anyone out there is looking for a phenomenal manager and dedicated sales & marketing person - shoot her a message!
- Producer01/08/2016Join New "beBee Buzz!" Group on LinkedInThere's a new group on LinkedIn called beBee Buzz! You should join if you're already on LinkedIn. If you're not already on LinkedIn then please stop reading now (as this message will self-destruct in 3-seconds). This is NOT a group to voice gripes...
Comments05/01/2017 #67 Zacharias 🐝 Voulgaris#65 It's this social medium that used to be all professional and serious, till people started using it as FB, while it started beefing up its influencer team by recruiting random people from the street. I visit it from time to time whenever I need to find things to be grateful about. Not participating in LI "discussions" is one thing that we can all be grateful for :-)23/12/2016 #62 David B. GrinbergThanks for sharing that info and link, @Aleta Curry. I knew it was bound to happen one of these days. It was never a question of "if" but only of "when"? Here's a bold prediction: by the end of 2017, MS will have "cleaned house" per the LI CEO and his C-suite staffers. Internal cost cutting measures and organizational streamlining will occur, just as with every major corporate merger. If the LI folks think otherwise, then they're just fooling themselves. MS didn't pay that huge sum of money to keep staff they did not hire in leadership positions. But, regardless, LI CEO Jeff Weiner and his cohorts already have "golden parachutes $$$" awaiting their early retirement. So don't feel badly for them when the ax falls.22/12/2016 #58 Aleta CurryFunny I should read about this LI group on the same day I find out that LI is planning a new paywall, which will block some of the functions which are now free. Or is that a gag? Is it April Fool's Day in December or something? Sort of like Christmas in July, and yet not? This may spell the beginning of the end for me on LIinkedIn.16/12/2016 #56 David B. GrinbergThere are 11.5 million members worldwide on beBee but only about 200 on the "beBee Buzz!" group on LinkedIn. Please be at part of the bee swarm by joining this group if you're on already on LinkedIn anyway. Once you join, your content can be promoted and you can catch up on the latest blogging buzz via Producer that you may have otherwise missed. Thank you for kindly considering this "Call to Action" and let's all keep buzzing!
cc: @Javier 🐝 beBee @Juan Imaz @Matt 🐝 Sweetwood @John White, MBA @Teresa Gezze03/12/2016 #52 Randy KehoI'm generally not one for joining groups, but it appears I have no choice on LinkedIn. Ever since I've been cross-pollinating beBee, I've been added to numerous groups I never knew existed, let alone had an interest in joining.
Apparently, thanks to re-tweeting some of @Milos Djukic's posts, someone at the Ponyter Institute thought I might like taking an online course to show me how, as a journalist, I can "cover complicated science stories in a more meaningful way." Thanks, but no thanks.
All of a sudden, I'm considered a copywriter, content writer, etc. Before beBee, no one on LinkedIn would give me the time of day.
Funny how that works.30/11/2016 #51 Sushmita Thakare JainI am a member of the group! :)
Also @David B. Grinberg would appreciate if you could go through my this week's post on my website http://efrinternational.com/need-creativity-innovation-entrepreneurship/ I have shared some thoughts of @Javier 🐝 beBee about beBee in my post.
- 16/03/2017Young nurse becomes internet sensation after selfies spark army of Instagram followersNurse dubbed 'world's sexiest' has army of Instagram fans after red-hot selfiesa.msn.com Carina Linn, 23, from Taiwan, is closing in 200,000 followers after posing for a series of...
- 18/03/2017Bit of a buzz from Snapchat 🐝🐝🐝 via YouTube for a bit of fun 🎥🎬📱 10 🕝 seconds 😆😎 prompted by
cc @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher @David B. Grinberg @John White, MBA @Javier 🐝 beBee @Juan Imaz @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín @Matt 🐝 SweetwoodLance's bit of a buzz
- 17/03/2017I find this article helpful. Regardless of the narrative declaration that cold calling is dead, this article seems to be proved it otherwise. Cold calling is about the reason why you are calling (purpose), benefits of the solution (the offer) and value (the effect in the business). Not all cold calls are form of interruptions. It is the language sometimes mistakenly perceived as interruptions.Telemarketing Scripts That Will Get You Singapore Leadsbit.ly What makes a movie script get spotlighted as best screenplay by award-giving bodies? A script that presents a story that can move an audience to...
- Producer17/03/2017Employee Image was Sales Rep to a few - Now It's Social Media Marketing to Worldwide View - by Kevin Douglas BergI came be writing this article by a recent graduate in Communications asked how she "can get 'into' Social Media Arena?" on my LinkedIn feed. One of the responses was, "Welcome, you are in now." I am going to go so further as saying the old mantra...
- This camper turns into a boat This is the Sealander, designed by Daniel Straub who wanted to invent the ultimate vehicle for relaxation....