- 25/06/2017Dr. Corinthia Price, CEO & Founder of Workforce Career Readiness™ opinion on "Tactics of a Skilled Negotiator" was featured in Forbes.www.forbes.com The more effectively you can assess the situation for what it is, the greater your opportunity for...
- 24/06/20177 Best #Programming Language Courses
- Producer23/06/2017For Immediate Release: Innovative Approach to World Cruising UnveiledBOAT-IN-a-BOX (™) SETS SAIL TO REVOLUTIONIZE WORLD-CRUISING FOR YACHTSMEN ... June 23, 2017, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA — Phil Friedman and the Port Royal Group announced today the launch of their Boat-In-a-Box (™) project. According to...
Comments25/06/2017 #65 Phil Friedman#58 Think of it this way, Gerry. Suppose you had always wanted to play the guitar at clubs around San Francisco, but the airlines wanted to charge you $10,000 to carry your guitar. You could go guitarless to SF and rent one there, but you had tried that in the past and it had proven a disaster because all the guitars you might rent there were poorly taken care of and they sounded like crap.Then suppose that FedEx offers a special box to hold your guitar and offers to carry the guitar to SF for only $400. Cheers!25/06/2017 #64 Todd Jones#52 While you have your thinking cap on, Phil, please dear god, devise some sort of automatic washing/waxing device built into the container. I just spent most of the day with a rotary buffer in my hands, and only managed to rub and wax the port side below the rub rail. A car wash for boats would be a huge success!25/06/2017 #62 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsEnvironmentally, this is a very sound idea, fewer yachts enroute means less waste disposed into the oceans. I used to love going out on the ocean with an old beau, but it was no yacht. This will also make the yachting life more affordable to those thinking it would be sitting in dry dock most of the time because of the cost of travel. Great concept.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect a great response. Concepts like this touch numerous fields. As @Lada 🏡 Prkic mentions, it's engineering at it's best. In my 'work' industry of supply chain; it raises exciting thoughts of bringing yachting to the masses, and then their are the entrepreneurs whose blood starts pumping at the thought of innovative concepts.
Then there is my 'heart' industry; Environmental Science. Phil, unlike many want to believe; not all environmentalists want the world to live in darkness, eating grass, and possessing only those items made from bamboo. The true environmental scientists want innovative ideas that allow people to live the life the want, without beating the daylights out of the planet, AND be economically friendly. This concept of Boat in the Box is Fabulous in my supply chain mind and environmental heart!!!!!!
Sorry you got so much flack in the comment feed.
Best wishes for the launch!
@Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand Ambassador, sounds like a supply chain venture with your name all over it! :-) A great subject for your next conference!25/06/2017 #61 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianI have a friend who is thinking of buying a new boat. I sent him this post. He loves the idea since he spends 6 months in the Keys and hates trailerables. They tend to sail on their ears given the max 8-foot beam.
This would let him just ship it down to Florida, I guess.24/06/2017 #59 Lada 🏡 Prkic#53 An interesting approach to the issue of patenting. I'm sure that such concept has many patentable engineering features. I like your idea of a purpose-built dolly/cradle that enables a boat to sit at an angle.
It's obviously a very promising project in which every aspect has been thought out carefully. Congrats!24/06/2017 #58 Gerald Hecht#54 @Phil Friedman A true Hybrid! Hannibal's Elephants meets Omaha Beach, meets "the Troy stuff", meets Vedic Rituals floating magestically down the Ganges at Dusk...meets Noah doing his drunken "dove with branch in beek dance" ; oh it could make a paranoid startup guy (like Mr.Uber --played by a Holographically resurrected Peter Sellers) wander what other "radioactive mousetraps" may be amongst us.
A strong argument against paranoia.
Anyway..."high along the bowline we sing that melody ; like all tough sailors do, whilst far away at sea"
https://youtu.be/Ke8uZIvPa7w24/06/2017 #56 Gerald Hecht@Phil Friedman We've done it!!! An entire fleet of fireproof "TROJAN HORSE ARKS"! HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA!
If the world wants a change of survival...well --we're not without empathy; so long as they have...
...ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA!HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA!HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA!HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA!...or we may just forget to apply the fireproof foam to a little corner --"ah well you were a little short of the million; so one fo the Trojan Arks; transformed into a Trojan Funeral Pyre...(which btw, is also our invention...another million for the sneak peek; the brochures weren't back from the printers yet); they were for our "Final Expense/Reverse Mortage Buster Project" anyway24/06/2017 #55 AnonymousThank you @Phil Friedman for sharing your very timely project, so well explained on your website. I am very far from your stellar professional experience, I am just a very humble and seasonal "boater", may I suggest you to extend your brilliant concept with wintering solutions affordable, steered by valuable strategic partnerships. Your turnkey solution (All In One) will cover efficiently that world market as a profitable "Niche" to develop, increase and maintain a sustainable and responsable boating's approach. Well done Phil !24/06/2017 #54 Phil Friedman#51 Thank you, Paul, for saying so. But are you talking about my quip to @Matt 🐝 Sweetwood or the Boat-In-a-Box concept? Seriously, I think, for the most part, only boating people with some experience, who have harbored dreams of cruising their own boats in the more exotic waters of the world, will truly understand what this is all about. Cheers!24/06/2017 #53 Phil Friedman#47 I was surprised as well, Lada, to see so many comments. I agree with you that this is basically an engineering solution to a problem faced mainly experience yachting men and women who would love to cruise their own boats in remote and exotic locations around the world, but who can only manage to get away for a few week to may a month or two max at a time. And who cannot afford both to have a yacht AND pay tens of thousands of dollars to have it freighted around as deck cargo or in the few special purpose dry-dock style carriers that operate.
To speak candidly, I did not expect much of a response on beBee at all. And in fact wasn't looking for one -- although I greatly appreciate the kind support expressed by so many here and, for example, the great suggestion PM'd to me by @Praveen Raj Gullepalli. I posted this primarily as a gambit relating to potential patent issues.
In this process of development, my group was faced with potentially having the concept patented out from under us. So rather than spend the tens of thousands of dollars required to secure a concept patent (to be distinguished from a design patent), the decision was made to publish the idea on social media. Which under U.S. law, puts the concept into the public domain and prevents it from being patented. Some might see that as a disadvantage, but we don't, as there are still numerous patentable engineering features remaining that are essential to actually executing the core concept properly.
Thank you, @Lada 🏡 Prkic, for your interest and support. Cheers!24/06/2017 #52 Phil Friedman#46 Thanks, Todd, for taking an interest. If you'd like to receive regular updates on developments in the project, please go to the website and click to receive updates by email. To answer your specific question, we are working on building a network of strategically-placed staging "depots" to ease the process of moving the boats around. But haven't yet considered the question of short-term slips as the emphasis has been on people wanting to cruise (move around in the local waters) of prime destinations far from their home waters of operation. Now that you mention it, I am going to think about eventually lining up local marinas to offer a "club" discount, if booked through Boat-In-a-Box. Will keep you posted. Cheers!24/06/2017 #47 Lada 🏡 PrkicPhil, I was surprised to see so many comments on this thread, because it's a kind of topic intended for a niche target audience. Then, I sadly realized that most of the comments have nothing to do with the post topic.
Frankly, I am becoming tired of reading such so-called satirical remarks, the aim of which is only to provoke the author.
I see your boat-in-a-box project as a smart engineering solution. Wish you all success with your full-size working prototype, as well as the crowdfunding effort.24/06/2017 #46 Todd JonesAmbitious initiative, @Phil Friedman! I will be following developments with keen interest. This sounds ideal for a guy like me that would like to escape NY's brutal winters aboard my boat, but doesn't have the time to pilot it down the Intercoastal to warmer climes. It would also be great if you could develop a network of participating marinas that could help Boat-In-A-Box owners secure short term slip rentals during the busy winter season.
- 23/06/2017How to Hire the Best Inbound Marketing Agency: 6 Questions to AskHow to Hire the Best Inbound Marketing Agency: 6 Questions to Askwww.saleshub.ca When it’s time to implement a new marketing strategy, you want to hire the best inbound marketing agency. These six questions will help you find...
- Producer23/06/2017beBee Knows A Blog Is A Genius Way To Make MoneyI research a lot about how to become rich. One thing every rich person says is you got to work for yourself. Clearly, this is easier said than done, but you know what is even harder than working for yourself, working for other people. Other people...
Comments23/06/2017 #4 Chas ✌️ WyattOn entering a "Brave New World"~ "It is a pleasant feeling to be the first to walk on sands which the tide has just left. It is like being the first to visit a new land. It produces a freshness of sensation something akin to that of early morning, or of spring. It is like entering upon a new stage of life, having a new world before us from which to receive, and upon which to make impressions." ~Henry James Slack (1818–1896), "The Ministry of the Beautiful", "Conversation II: Footsteps on the Sand," 1850.23/06/2017 #2 Wayne RenbjorGreetings,
Your words ring true to someone who has wondered how to get away from the "Corporate" mentality for most of my life. The entrepreneurial "bug" has been biting me for 35 Years and I am at the point where it has to be tried or I'll whither away to invisibility. I think it's time to start the blog I thought about doing 20 years ago, when the Internet was being born.
- 22/06/2017There is a very fine line when approaching the art and science of requesting meetings in salesThe Fine Line of Being Bold In Sales - Avenue Talent Partnersavenuetalentpartners.com I’ve been in sales long enough to know or witness most of the tricks of the trade. Just when I thought I had seen it all, something took me by surprise: someone I didn’t know or had any previous contact with randomly scheduled time...
- 22/06/2017A+ words of wisdom for those thinking about starting a business
- Producer22/06/2017Your Marketing Content Can Make or Break Your StartupIf you’ve ever worked at a startup, you’ll understand how tough it is and very far from the chilled hipster environment that most people imagine. I’ve been working at a startup for over a year now and just starting the get a gist of it. From my...
- Producer22/06/2017Best Letgo Clone Scripts and Apps of 2017There is a saying that “It hurts to letgo, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on”.But Nowadays, it hurts even more to find a best letgo clone so here are a few best letgo clone scripts and apps to launch your own buy/sell marketplace.What is...
- 21/06/2017"Never get excited, keep your emotions in check"#50 A CHAT WITH YOCO CEO, KATLEGO MAPHAI. - THE GREY AVE PODCASTwww.greyjabesi.com Katlego is the co-founder & CEO of Yoco, a hot financial technology company in the electronic payments space based in...
- 21/06/2017"Trust me, it’s not cool to raise a million dollars, go out of business, and then celebrate over dinner about your “learnings” in six months." So true and a common theme in today's startup landscape...
- 20/06/2017Startup friends, what to avoid when hiring salespeople...4 Painfully Frequent Mistakes Startups Make When Hiring Salespeople - Avenue Talent Partnersavenuetalentpartners.com These days, with the likes of just about everything in the workplace being quantified, hiring a salesperson can be more of a scientific endeavor than anything else. That said, just because ours is an industry that has more numbers on file than...
- Producer20/06/2017Dear local business professional - thanks for your invitation, but here are ten reasons why I won't be attending your seminar...Dear Financial Planner, Accountant, Solicitor or other local professional service provider...Thanks for the kind invitation to your seminar. I'm sure it'll be great, but here are just ten of the many reasons why I'm not coming.1. You haven't...
- Producer17/06/2017How I Conquered the Lack of Support; A Start Up StoryWhen I started my vision for vigorintel.com a few months ago, I had a general idea of what I needed in order to start a website. I had a goal to have everything designed and on the web by June 1st of this year. I knew I needed to start a hosting...
Comments19/06/2017 #4 Bengt HahlinHi Kevin,
Sorry to say, this is not an unusual story when it comes to “customer service”. Many companies, and I would say especially the big brand ones, does not even know what the word stands for anymore. It seems that the worse “service” they have the more grandiloquent statements on their websites like this one from United Airlines:
“We are committed to providing a level of service to our customers that makes us a leader in the airline industry.”
I don’t think David Dao agrees with that.
You are on the right track even if it is extremely frustrating some times. So good luck.18/06/2017 #3 Louise SmithHi Kevin
Thanks for the explanation of the process you went through for your start up.
The concept of Start ups really intrigues me but I don't know if it's for me.
I have a friend who works in a PR/Admin role for a Philanthropist who bankrolls Start ups.
Up to 10 at any one time.
I like this idea too as I have office space and like to see people learning and succeeding.
I certainly understand your problem getting Help Service from big entities.
And good on you - you solved it yourself !
I feel like I have missed something between Section 1 & 2 below?
1. "So I followed the instructions and it worked - I met my goal and had my site up and running........for less than 12 hours. "
2. "My site was gone - but I had a backup in Adobe Muse. No worries."
- 19/06/2017The hottest startUp in South Africa right now.
- Producer17/06/2017beBee Founders - 18 Questions with Katyan RoachDo you want to know more about beBee founders? Katyan Roach was in touch with Juan Imaz and me. It was funny. The 18 Question series features an awesome group of up and coming, as well as seasoned Entrepreneurs, who give us a glimpse behind the...
Comments17/06/2017 #5 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#4 my pleasure you deserve it!17/06/2017 #4 Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee#3 Thank you dear @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.- the lady bee with a distinctive style of writing. Thanks for reminding me to mention also queen bee Katyan. You are bee tter than I in acknowledging people. However; I do appreciate your very kind words about me.17/06/2017 #3 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#2 and with that bee called @Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee it gets even bee tter17/06/2017 #1 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.two king bees Juan and Javier and then queen bee Katyan!
- Producer17/06/2017Saber venderse es importante para cualquier profesionalEntrevista publicada en todo el Grupo Jolyhttp://m.diariodesevilla.es/entrevistas/Saber-comunicar-basico-profesionales_0_1145586059.html http://www.diariodejerez.es/entrevistas/Saber-comunicar-basico-profesionales_0_1145586059.html"Saber comunicar...
Comments18/06/2017 #11 Michele WilliamsThe ongoing story of a great startup! Both the article and comments translated from Spanish to English automatically.
La historia en curso de una gran nueva compañía (emprendimieto). Tanto el artículo como los comentarios se tradujeron del español al inglés automáticamente.17/06/2017 #8 AnonymousHas mencionado algo muy importante @Javier 🐝 beBee y es que en muchas escuelas extranjeras y te pongo como ejemplo El Cambridge desde secundaria tienen una asignatura obligatoria que es teatro. Les enseña a los niños a perder el miedo escénico y a hablar en público.
Ahora realizo un poco menos de Networking pero siempre me ha sorprendido ver personas muy cualificadas y con mucho miedo escénico y titubeo al decir su propio Elevator Pitch.
El color naranja es un color que transmite energía positiva, me gusta que lo hayáis elegido para vuestro logotipo así como la abeja y la forma hexagonal. Lo de la abreviatura no lo había pensado.
¡Genial entrevista!17/06/2017 #6 Jorge 🐝 Carballo PérezBueno, bueno @Javier 🐝 beBee te lo prometo, estaba preparando algo similar para publicar la semana que viene, pero sabes? Me alegro !! Grandísimo Post. Haces mención y detalles a muchos puntos realmente importantes e interesantes. Gracias por estos post. Son Perlas. Enhorabuena por lo que has escrito y como lo has escrito. Brutal !!! Un abrazo !!17/06/2017 #2 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.yes si!17/06/2017 #1 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.so true - la verdad!
- Producer17/06/2017Charging your storyMy buzzes on the art of storytelling over many platforms received the maximum attention as reflected by the number of views, shares, comments and likes. One buzz that I published on LI before moving to beBee is on "The Power of Storytelling"....
Comments23/06/2017 #40 Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee#37 Dear @Steve Brady
First, I wish you good health and I am so happy that you feel better now. I missed your presence and I am again happy to read your sound comments . You awakened the sleeping child in me. Thank you so much for I feel more creative now.22/06/2017 #38 🐝 Fatima G. WilliamsDo you know where I find the charge to my batteries dear @Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee in buzzes like this one and many others on beBee. I charge my batteries through my interaction with people. There is an invisible energy that flows in and I'm charged I write a story.
The battery metaphor is apt as you can tell from my comment. Like Sara says only humans tell stories. Thank you for charging my batteries #Stayawesome22/06/2017 #37 Steve BradyDear Ali,
Hello! I've been absent for a while due to some health issues. I certainly missed the camaraderie and wisdom here in the beBee community. I heartily endorse your focus on storytelling and your battery metaphor is so apt. I think it reinforces the adage that good storytelling is an art. As I reflect on my own experiences in the Education sector, many, many times I saw the shift in energy that a good story can bring. I think it's a perennial form of wisdom that can resonate with the "child" in each of us.19/06/2017 #34 Tausif MundrawalaI do find the battery a suitable metaphor. We should start our story with the combination of many aspects and readers stay hooked if the protagonist have been carved well. People tend to forget that the antoginist is misunderstood by others but still he/she is a human. We should bring forth and unfold the story in different phases. My buzzes on stories were well received and I concluded the fact that readers like strong charcters and however weak one is but still would like to call oneself as the most strongest. The weakest characters have drawn sympathy from them but I don't like to burden my readers with the worst plight one could imagine. As always a power charged buzz which has lit my batteries on,Sir @Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee18/06/2017 #32 Joyce 🐝 Bowen Brand Ambassador @ beBeeI have gained great pleasure being a storyteller. I also loved journalism. In journalism, it is expected that you grab the reader's attention in the first few lines. Then it a chore not discharging your own batteries maintaining the pace. I've had editors "deflate" a piece and it has made me nearly rabid. One young man dared not cut my work again after removing elements that completely eliminated a cost to society in it. That was https://www.bebee.com/producer/@joyce-bowen/the-price-of-beans. I always reproduce it with his 'edits' cut.18/06/2017 #31 Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee#28 Thank you dear @Sara Jacobovici for your "friendly" comment. As you have established the hive Only Humans Tell Stories I am not surprised at all to read your comment and your attention to the value of storytelling.
Yes, in my age timeflies and I can't believe this buzz celebrated its first birthday.18/06/2017 #28 Sara JacoboviciAllow me to apologize for coming late into this discussion. I just came across it now. At the risk of sounding cliche, I can't believe that it has been more than a year since you published your post @Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee View moreAllow me to apologize for coming late into this discussion. I just came across it now. At the risk of sounding cliche, I can't believe that it has been more than a year since you published your post @Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee. I must be getting old because they say they older you get the faster time passes. Sorry for the digression (also a sign of my age). I am happy to read your post as it is "timeless". Storytelling and metaphors, who can ask for anything more? The battery is a great metaphor for storytelling, Dr. Ali, especially the way you tell it.
I share your perspective on the value of storytelling. The act of storytelling is a central part of who we are. Stories help make sense of our world and our place in it and we define ourselves by a story within time. We create stories; verbally, oral and written, and non-verbally, through movement/dance, visual symbols and signs/visual arts, and sound making/music. Where there is life, in any form, there is communication. But only humans tell stories. Close
- Producer17/06/2017How to get success in car rental business with Airbnb CloneBeing Successful in business depends on the plans and timely decisions. Despite the fact that you may spent loads of money while beginning a business yet it didn’t give the worth return of investment. In Many cases, planning will profit your...
- Producer16/06/2017Choose Best #Leaders for Your #Startup #BusinessesLeadership is the catalyst of progress in a small business and while managers need to have leadership skills, you will want to find other employees to lead projects. While some leaders naturally step up, you will have to look for the...
- Producer16/06/2017Summer Hols - Harness the Potential of Your BusinessFor women in business summer can be a challenging time. The oils of enterprise must keep churning but with the additional challenges, of children out of school. So here are a few tips to help, as a reminder for those who know & pointers for...
- Producer16/06/2017How To Create a Sales ScriptCheck out the newest blog post from our COO at Teamgate, Patrick Collins:"Whenever I am working with a startup company and training their sales team, the topic of sales scripts simply cannot be avoided. Many confident salespeople will say that they...
A startup company (startup or start-up) is an entrepreneurial venture which is typically a newly emerged, fast-growing business that aims to meet a marketplace need by developing or offering an innovative product, process or service. A startup is usually a company such as a small business, a partnership or an organization designed to rapidly develop a scalable business model.