- Producer25/07/2016Considering Buying/Renovating a Heritage Home? Pros and Cons by Claire CardwellSome people feel that Heritage-listed properties are fascinating windows into the past and that their owners are lucky. Other people say that a Heritage listing is a real headache with development restrictions and price depreciation.There are risks...
- Producer22/07/2016Fun, Games, and Caffeine in Start-Up Land Let's Name This PuppyIn any project, you get to the point where you have to stop adding stuff no matter how cool. You need to just get the thing done. Otherwise, it will never see the light of day. We're there now with our Web App. We need to stop adding Cool Stuff. We...
Comments03/08/2016 #6 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#5 Thanks, Mike. Actually, these days I'm thinking of Danny Glover's tagline from "Lethal Weapon".... I'm getting too old for this shite. @Javier 🐝 beBee and @Juan Imaz inspired me. They look like they are having so much fun with this start-up, I figured why not? It's fun to get the entrepreneurial juices flowing again.
We're just finishing up a major re-write to match user requests. Then I'll write the next post in this series.23/07/2016 #3 Michele WilliamsWow,@Paul "Pablo" Croubalian! I love the random tweets, tweets that decrease in frequency and automatic quoted retweets. What is so cool about this app is that I didn't even know that I needed it until you described it. I was trying to get my website designer to integrate some of these features into my text, but now she does have to try to tell me politely how crazy complicated that would be. This app is almost too awesome for a name! Thanks for including us bees on your startup journey!23/07/2016 #2 AnonymousThis is awesome! I have been waiting for someone (@Paul "Pablo" Croubalian ) To develop something like this: Forced Retweets: People who manage multiple accounts often retweet between them. This feature lets you choose the accounts that will retweet each other, and how often. Do you know how much easier life is going to be for me? I love beBee and Im loving my new Bee Friends!
- 21/06/2016How to Win Clients and Make Money: New Business Models for Architectsarchitizer.com Architects have a reputation of being bad at business. This stereotype is not entirely unfounded. The disregard for business is systematically cultivated...
- Producer06/06/2016Should I use Hemp to build my House?Did you know that buildings are the largest source of greenhouse gases in the world? Hemp can be used to make many things including furniture, walls, shelves, and now Hempcrete which is an alternative to concrete. Hempcrete is...
Comments06/06/2016 #3 Ken BoddieNow Hempcrete, Claire, seems to be a much more viable material for subdivision housing than the compressed straw technology you mentioned in your recent separate straw bale article. I understand that lime/hemp blocks (UCS 1MPa) are commonly used in UK with a conventional timber frame. Is this a common practice in SA? It seems to me that this may have huge potential to shake the conservative building industry into the concept of environmental awareness for all the reasons you give in your past above.06/06/2016 #1 Richard MillerThis is very interesting, it should be more popular or at least it needs more diffusion since in several countries it could be a good solution for places where there are not enough resources to build strong houses and shelter for the less fortunate. Although I don't know if it would be complicated thinking about the amount of raw material each "brick?" needs to get done. Great share!
- 15/04/2016Think All Bi-fold Doors Are The Same? Think Again!Think All Bi-fold Doors Are The Same? Think Again!www.linkedin.com The Folding Sliding Door Company defines the standard in handcrafted bespoke bi-fold doors, a door that encompasses unique features that you won't find, anywhere else. Like our Industry...
- 22/03/2016There’s Going To Be A Rotating Skyscraper In Dubai By 2020: http://architecturelab.net/theres-going-to-be-a-rotating-skyscraper-in-dubai-by-2020/
- 18/03/2016A vertical farm concept that is likely to strike global food crisis with bamboo vertical frame.
- 16/03/2016Sugar Hill Housing by Adjaye Associates, SLCE Architects in NYC: http://www.architectmagazine.com/project-gallery/sugar-hill-housing_o
- 08/03/20166 Teams Reimagine New York’s MetLife Building6 Teams Reimagine New York’s MetLife Buildingwww.archdaily.com Metals in Construction Magazine and a jury of architects and engineers have announced the winners of the “Reimagine a New York City...
- 22/02/2016A documentary produced for arch 530 book as manifesto (prof. luis e. carranza, roger williams university) a course intended to investigate the importance of key architectural books in the development of 20th century modern architecture.
This film by katie clark and sara finch presents rem koolhaas' polemical 1978 book/manifesto, "delirious new york." #RemKoolhaasbook as manifesto: rem koolhaas "delirious new york" (1978) a documentary produced for arch 530 book as manifesto (prof. luis e. carranza, roger williams university) a course intended to investigate the importance of...
- 21/03/2015Mi último render en 3D realizado con Blender (similar a 3D Studio) buscando el realismo. Una infografía de un baño hecha al detalle donde es muy importante el control de luces y exposición, el manejo del programa y capacidades individuales, para conseguir un buen resultado final.