- 23/09/2017NaCl Residence by by David Jameson Architect, Bethesda, Maryland, USA. To read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/nacl-residence-by-by-david-jameson-architect/
- 22/09/2017Shaw House by Patkau Architects, Vancouver, Canada, to read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/shaw-house-by-patkau-architects/
- 12/09/2017Shipping Container House by Studio H:T, Nederland, Colorado, USA. To read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/shipping-container-house-by-studio-ht/
- 11/09/2017Klein Bottle House by McBride Charles Ryan, Melbourne, Australia, to read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/klein-bottle-house-by-mcbride-charles-ryan/
- 11/09/2017Architecture student's innovative solution to construction wastewww.newshub.co.nz Building a new home creates about four tonnes of...
- 09/09/2017Incredible Algae Dome absorbs sun and CO2 to produce superfood and oxygen
Industrial agriculture is a major source of greenhouse gas emissions – but what if there was a way to sustainably produce food while solving some of the world’s toughest environmental problems? That’s what the folks at SPACE10, a Copenhagen-based future-living lab, tackled with the futuristic Algae Dome, a four-meter-tall food-producing building that pumps out oxygen in a closed-loop system. Powered by solar energy, the Algae Dome is a sustainable and hyper-local food system that can pop up almost anywhere with minimal impact on the environment.
- 09/09/2017Hill House by Andrew Maynard Architects, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. To see more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/hill-house-by-andrew-maynard-architects/
- Producer08/09/2017World's Tallest SandcastlesThe Guinness World Record for the World's Tallest Sandcastle record has just been beaten. The Sandcastle is in Duisburg, Germany and was commissioned by Schaunisland-Reisen a German Tour Company. It is 16.58m (54.72ft) beating the previous record...
Comments09/09/2017 #16 Claire L Cardwell#13 Thank you @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc. - glad you enjoyed it! A bit of Friday fun!09/09/2017 #14 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.beating records = continuous improvement09/09/2017 #13 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.it is stunning what people can create, beautiful post!
- 08/09/2017Tea House by Archi-Union Architects, Yangpu District, Shanghai, China. To read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/tea-house-by-archi-union-architects/
- 07/09/2017New Drone Footage Shows That BIG’s LEGO House Looks Like "A Real Lego Play"
Bjarke Ingels Group's new LEGO House is nearing completion at the centre of Billund, Denmark and the world-renowned toys manufacturing brand Lego has released a new drone footage video to experience every part of this stacked complex interactively, showing that how each colourful boxes are balanced and coming together cautiously. The eagerly anticipated LEGO House will be officially opened on September 28, 2017 - the playful-looking complex will provide a unique place with a number of new LEGO experiences and a sea of LEGO bricks, will greet children and adults alike, inviting them to unlash their creativity.
Since some of the areas of the building are still under construction, the official exterior and interior images of the building are not released and all updated photographs from exterior and interior will be unveiled at the end of September, just before the opening.
- 07/09/2017Harborview Hills by Laidlaw Schultz Architects, Newport Beach, California, USA. To read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/harborview-hills-by-laidlaw-schultz-architects/
- 01/09/2017House by ad2 architekten ZT KG, Austria to read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/light-flooded-residential-building-developed-crystalline-conspicuous-shape/
- ProducerCape Dutch Guest House - Johannesburg by Claire Cardwell (Blue Designs)Cape Dutch Guest House - JohannesburgThe brief was to design a modern Cape Dutch style Guest House in a leafy suburb of Johannesburg. The existing house was completely demolished to make way for a spacious luxury get away for the discerning...
- Now I know what I want for Christmas and my 'UnBirthday'!
Build your own BIG-designed LEGO House with LEGO Architecture’s newest kit.
As if playing in a LEGO wonderland wasn’t enough, we just got wind of another reason to get excited over the BIG-designed LEGO House’s grand opening next month. The iconic toy company just unveiled official images of a new LEGO Architecture kit that’ll let you build your very own LEGO experience center at home. The 774-piece model replica of the nearly complete LEGO House in Billund, Denmark will be sold exclusively at the center when it opens on September 28.
The new LEGO House, also known as the “House of the Brick,” will be an experience center where fans can learn about the history of the company, the philosophy of LEGO play, and interact with LEGO through a wide variety of hands-on experiences. Starchitect Bjarke Ingels, an enthusiastic LEGO fan, was tapped to design the LEGO House project and drew inspiration from the modularity of the toy brick.
- Anil Kush, House of Pavilions by Architecture Paradigm, Electronic City, Bangalore, India. To read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/anil-kush-house-of-pavilions-by-architecture-paradigm/
- The World's Scientists agree: On our current path Global Warming is irreversable & getting worse by Eric Holthaus.www.linkedin.com The World's Scientist agree : On our current path Global Warming is irreversable - and getting worse. Brace for more of this. (AP/Mike Groll)...
- 30/08/2017Ty-Hedfan Residence by Featherstone Young, Brecon Beacons National Park, South Wales to read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/ty-hedfan-residence-by-featherstone-young/
- New images show progress on the next world’s tallest building.
New images of Santiago Calatrava‘s Dubai Creek Tower have emerged, showing construction progress on what is expected to become the world’s tallest building. Developer Emaar Properties released site photos and video of the 2.3 square-mile complex, which is designed to eclipse the height of the Burj Khalifa by at least 300 feet.
- House on a cliff overlooking Lake Tahoe by Mark Dziewulski Architect, Incline Village, Crystal Bay, Nevada, USA. To read more to to : - http://www.caandesign.com/house-on-a-cliff-overlooking-lake-tahoe-by-mark-dziewulski-architect/
- Letterbox House by McBride Charles Ryan, Blairgowrie, Victoria, Australia. To see more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/letterbox-house-by-mcbride-charles-ryan/
- Scientists just created green solar cells – and they’re working on white, red and additional colors.
Do you love solar panels, but hate the color blue? You’re in luck – researchers in the Netherlands have developed a process for making conventional solar panels bright green, and they’re working on developing other colors as well. By making the panels more appealing, they hope to entice more people and businesses to invest in clean energy.
Researchers at AMOLF devised a method of imprinting solar panels with silicon nanopatterns that make them appear green. Though the process decreases the efficiency by 10 percent, it’s considered to be an acceptable trade-off if the panels are installed on more buildings. Said Verena Neder, lead author of the paper and researcher at AMOLF, “The black appearance of the [conventional] solar panels is not attractive for many people and a reason to not put solar panels on their rooftop. Making solar cells colored makes it possible to integrate them in an architectural design of houses and full cities, but also to merge them in the landscape.”
- The SHED Project’s affordable micro-homes pop up in just one day.
London’s housing crisis is one of the worst in the world, but an innovative new initiative could help alleviate the problem. Studio Bark teamed up with Lowe Guardians to create the SHED Project, a plan to insert affordable micro-homes inside vacant buildings across the city. Built from affordable, low-impact materials, these compact SHEDS take only one day to construct and can be easily styled into attractive tiny dwellings.
The SHED Project is aimed at young professionals looking for affordable housing, which will be placed within vacant properties like warehouses. Clusters of pod-like structures could form neighborhoods and communities inside and serve as an alternative to property guardianship to help protect those otherwise vacant buildings from squatters and vandals. Residents are expected to assemble the modular SHEDs themselves, in order to create a sense of ownership.
- The Open Box House by A-cero, Madrid, Spain. To read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/the-open-box-house-by-a-cero/
- Producer23/08/2017Storybook Houses - Celebrating the Art of Fantasy.The WItch's House in Beverly Hills, California. Photograph by Doug Keister.Storybook style architecture first appeared in Los Angeles in the 1920s as an offshoot of the Period Revival architecture that was popular at that time. These homes are...