- Producer25/08/2017Brown In America: Made In ChinaI am not sure America was ever the great nation it pretends to be. Immigrants from all over the world come there because they believe it is the land of opportunity, a country where the poorest can become the richest, but then they end up...
Comments30/08/2017 #18 Phil Friedman#17 Lyon, I haven't presented a "theory" of anything, only raised some questions about the actions of ex-pats who choose to gain economic advantage by living in the midst of foreign local economies because they represent more "affordable" venues.
I believe it important to differentiate between immigrant alien residents and ex-pats. The former generally have strong commitments and ties to the local communities in which they live and the local economies in which they work. The latter, however, in my experience are, in effect, permanent tourists, "floating above" the local economy, using it for whatever advantage they can find in its "affordability". Indeed, reading on and between the lines of what you yourself said supports this view. For instance, your own prior readiness just to break your contract and move back to the U.S.(?)
I lived in Canada in self-imposed political exile for nearly 15 years, in protest against U.S. military adventurism is SE Asia. But I lived IN and as part of the local economy and never considered myself an "ex-pat". My fortunes were tied to the fortunes of the Canadian economy, which, I submit is a key difference between being an immigrant alien resident versus an "ex-pat."
I am sorry if these questions make you (and some others) uncomfortable, but raising the specter of the ugly white male oppressors and exploiters in the West is only a diversionary tactic, not a rational response.
To my mind, what we should be asking ourselves is what ex-pats do for a nation and its economy, not what they can squeeze out of the host nation's more "affordable" cost of living.30/08/2017 #17 Lyon Brave#16 @Phil Friedman I think your theory is absolutely wrong,. Sometimes I walk in local shops that have slow business or no business and you can't tell me that I am exploiting a local by buying something from them when they are praying for customers. No company ever said you have too much money to be here. Sometimes I buy things because I feel bad and I don't even actually want the item, but it looks like their business is struggling a lot. You know what creates crime, poverty. You know what can turn an economically struggling country around, tourism. In fact there are many countries that are proud to cater to tourist and do it for the increase in money. Are countries catering to tourist exploiting tourist, I don't think so. I think you are looking for a negative were there is none, but if you want to talk about exploitation, I really think America is king of that especially the white male, I mean if we are going to talk about countries and communities like expats living in china in a vague general sense, then we can talk about America and race in a vague general sense. The white American male would be the expert on exploitation.30/08/2017 #16 Phil Friedman#15 #3 China as a nation is not economically disadvantaged, indeed, it is a strong, controlled economy. However, it has large segments of the which are economically disadvantaged and work at much lower pay in real terms than their counterparts in the west -- especially those who work in the service industries. So when an ex-pat chooses to use his or her externally-generated income to live "better" in China -- or in Mexico, or Bali, or wherever, it tastes to me like taking advantage of the "locals" who labor under an economic disadvantage. People work for "less" out of necessity, not choice. So unless you tell me that China makes sure every housekeeper or cleaning person has an opportunity to go to university and find a better paying job, I cannot help but see an ex-pat living there because "everything is more affordable" as being tainted somewhat by exploitation. IMO Cheers!29/08/2017 #14 Phil Friedman#10 #3 I have very mixed feelings about ex-pats residing, but not working in economies where it is "much cheaper" to live. I have several friends who retired to Mexico because their retirement pensions and other funds "go so much further." For example, one couple I've known for years are ecstatic about being able to have a full-time maid for only about US$35 per week. While I understand their personal decision, I cannot help but feel that it smacks of exploitation of the economically disadvantaged of the world. Yes, big transnational corporations do it too with their globalization (which exploits labor markets in economically disadvantaged areas of the world) -- indeed have led the way -- but that doesn't make it right. And yes, you could argue that it brings money into a given depressed economy that might otherwise not be there, but again that doesn't, to my mind, make the exploitation and more acceptable. And that is why, Lyon, I am curious about your remarks concerning cost-of-living in China and how you make a living there (if, indeed, you are still living there). Cheers!27/08/2017 #13 Praveen Raj Gullepalli#11 You are welcome Lyon. To India too! It is amazing in many ways. Drop by sometime! Thanks for getting me all uppity-dippity about lands of opportunity and opportunist nations - all in one breath! ;) The fates of nations and outcomes of machiavellian aspirations, are always a mystery!27/08/2017 #10 Lyon Brave#3 You know David i did not mention China's child policy because THE article is not about that nor is it about slavery. To me THE article is about finding THE opportunity that is right for you. However i do not think policy is repression. China has a population problem. THE goverment had to control it. There policy is fair and logical under present conditions but my article was not about this policy.. I beilieve one of THE things i mentioned is everyone migrates to America which only creates more market saturation. You simply strengthened my argument by mentioning THE flock of chinese who migrate to America. America did not even make top ten best cities to live in 2017 because of THE race riots and high cost of living. Javier seems to understand a benefit to living in China is my money stretches here. It really does. I have no capital in America.. China gives me ground to stand on. China was a better choice for me than America.26/08/2017 #8 Praveen Raj GullepalliFor many here in India, America is still and perhaps will always be a land of opportunity. In the past one year 4 of my close relatives move across the USA on IT jobs. They got good offers. Most of my childhood buddies and a whole load of acquaintances have more or less settled in the US. Citizens now. Few in Canady too. They are doing good. And sending enough home for their relatives here to invest in properties, etc.
China has been in the news for the wrong reasons of late, out here.
They are rattling their sabres across the border.
They are trying to build a direct route into Africa via Pakistan and Pakistan occupied and nearby areas of Kashmir which is part of India. Apparently, China has invested hugely in Africa.
They are dumping tons of cheap, toxic, explosive, plastic imitation stuff, including as many believe, synthetic pepper, rice , eggs and vegetables and more. Not to many killer online games leading many to suicides.
While the Central government sends out warnings and threats of banning stuff, the State governments are entering into knowledge and tech transfer projects with China. Telecom leaders are finaling colossal electronic imports in a trade off that will show alk the spend as expenses, thereby avoiding GST/ tax.
Needless to say it all confounds the common man more than ever before and makes one suspect of a burgeoning legion of global investors and entrepreneurs secretly taking over the planet, running it dry and in the meantime funding projects to find newer homes under the Sun that they could escape to ;)26/08/2017 #5 Javier 🐝 beBeeFor more than a century, the United States has been the world's biggest economy, accounting for over 24% of the world’s gross domestic product (GDP) in 2016, according to figures from the World Bank.Both the IMF and the World Bank now rate China as the world’s largest economy based on Purchasing Power Parity (PPP), a measure that adjusts countries’ GDPs for differences in prices. In simple terms, this means that because your money stretches further in China than it would in the US, China’s GDP is adjusted upwards.
And it won’t be too long before China’s economy surpasses the US’s by other measures, too. The Centre for Economics and Business Research (Cebr) predicts it will happen in 2029.
To a certain extent this is not surprising: China’s population of 1.4 billion is around four times higher than that of the US at 320 million.
Despite the recent slowdown, China’s economy is still growing at almost three times the rate of the US – around 7% over the last couple of years, compared to less than 2.5%.
But there is still a lot of catching up to do: China lags in terms of foreign direct investment flowing into the country. Its high-tech exports amount to nearly four times less than those of the US.
https://www.google.es/amp/amp.weforum.org/agenda/2016/12/the-world-s-top-economy-the-us-vs-china-in-five-charts26/08/2017 #4 Javier 🐝 beBee@Lyon Brave America is diversity. and I believe it is great for an entrepreneurial spirit in the past and in the present. Top 10 Worldwide Companies are american and I admire the US in terms of entrepreneurship.
These are the reasons why I love the USA
No nation is perfect and the US is not perfect at all but I love americans. They also love Spain...so we are in love LOL 🐝🐝🐝🐝😎😎😎26/08/2017 #3 David B. GrinbergLyon, you mention having a baby in China but exclude the harsh fact that China's communist government strictly enforces a one-child policy, yet another measure of repression against free will. Moreover, why are so many Chinese people coming to America?
In fact, the Asian American population is the second fastest growing demographic in the USA, behind only Hispanics/Latinos. Further, the combined number of traditional "minority" groups in the USA now outnumbers the white population in every major U.S. city. This trend is projected to increase exponentially in the near future (by 2050 and beyond), according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Lastly, I would not downplay the fact that America, which it sounds like you believe is racist, elected and reelected Barack Obama as President over white male candidates.
Also, I'm just wondering when you think America should finally put the issue of slavery behind us? What will it take beyond affirmative action and racial preferences to level the playing field? Reparations perhaps? What about all of the other people of the world throughout history who were once slaves in other countries, from Greeks to Jews?
The fact remains that America is the world's most diverse "Melting Pot" in addition to being the most wealthy nation with the greatest freedoms granted to citizens, as enshrined in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. Therefore, I say "Godbless America!" -- land of the free and the home of the brave!
Apologies if you disagree.
cc: @Jim 🐝 Cody25/08/2017 #2 Lyon Brave@philfriedman I was in China two years ago and I just arrived again. To be honest most expats work for a private school and return home because china is not home. I am a language coach. In China speaking English is a valued skill. I have a minor in English. This was a stupid choice for undergrad but i loved to write and was foolish to follow my passions. In america this makes me educated yet an unskilled worker. To make value of myself i had to go somewhere new. Actually english is a great business market if you are willing to travel. However i hope to do other things once i get more settled like build websites and sell foreign goods. There are expats that come here and start out as teachers as a stepping stone. i know several people who have started small companies here after learning some mandrin and getting settled. THE cost of living is so cheap i hav freedom is THE bottom line. My cell phone bill is 13 dollars and i could have got it cheaper. i waspaying 50 in America. it takes money to make money. For this reason i know have more opportunity. butwhat is right for me is not right for others. America is THE right opportunity for some but not me.25/08/2017 #1 Phil FriedmanIf I may ask, when did you emigrate to China? Are you still living and working in China? If not, how long did you stay there? And what did you do for a living while you were (are) in China? I believe that answers to these questions are necessary to give your expressed opinions some measure of authenticity and authority. Thanks and best. Cheers!
- Producer20/08/2017Szukam taniej i sprawdzonej całodobowej pomocy drogowej z WrocławiaOferujemy Państwu tanią i całodobową pomoc drogową we Wrocławiu, a także w pobliskim miejscowościach: Oleśnicy, Oławie, Trzebnicy, Wołowie, Środzie Śląskiej, Brzegu Dolnym, Miliczu, Żmigrodzie, Legnicy, Opolu, Siechnicach i innym miastach...
- 11/05/2017El futuro se hace un poco más presente cuando piensas en el y te atreves a darle forma...Hyperloop: Un revolucionario sistema de transporte Esto podría cambiarnos la vida. Alcanzaría velocidades de 1200km por hora. Entérate de todo con la nota. Web: http://www.tec.com.pe/ Facebook:...
- 29/04/2017The busiest commuter railway in the US is falling apartwww.businessinsider.com You're not crazy — commuting on the LIRR and NJ Transit has gotten worse, and will worsen when Amtrak shuts down tracks for rail...
- Producer30/03/2017Qual é o futuro dos carros autônomos?Cada vez mais empresas estão começando fazer testes com a próxima revolução: os carros autônomos. Dentre elas estão o Google e a Uber, embora Tesla e PSA também estão apostando na ideia. Há poucos dias um dos seus carros autônomos fizeram a Uber...
- Producer08/02/2017Gratuidade De transporte CPTM SPAcesso Livre ao Trabalhador Desempregado - CPTM A Credencial para o Trabalhador Desempregado tem validade por 90 dias e é fornecida apenas em caso de demissão sem justa causa para quem está desempregado por um período mínimo de 1 mês e máximo de 6...
- 08/02/2017BENEFÍCIOS PARA O SUS
O Sistema Único de Saúde (SUS) vem se desenvolvendo ao longo dos últimos 25 anos.
Nestes anos, foram muitos os avanços alcançados, porém ainda existem desafios a serem superados para assegurar o acesso universal e igualitário à saúde. Neste sentindo, os programas PRONON e PRONAS/PCD foram criados com o objetivo de ampliar a oferta dos serviços de saúde nas áreas da oncologia e da pessoa com deficiência.
As atividades desenvolvidas pelas entidades sem fins lucrativos credenciadas nestes programas vão expandir a prestação de serviços médico-assistenciais, assim como apoiar a formação, o treinamento e o aperfeiçoamento de recursos humanos e a realização de pesquisas clínicas, epidemiológicas e experimentais. Serão mais recursos para o desenvolvimento de ações de prevenção e de combate ao câncer e de promoção à saúde e de habilitação/reabilitação da pessoa com deficiência.
Disque Saúde 136 Ouvidoria Geral do SUS
Ministério da Saúde
Esplanada dos Ministérios Bloco G
Brasília-DFMinistério da Saúde – Portal da Saúde - www.saude.gov.br - Principalwww.saude.gov.br ......
- Producer02/02/2017Guia para economizar até 30% em combustívelCom o aumento recente do preço do combustível; o brasileiro voltou a se preocupar e muito em economizar este item. A crise financeira atual torna a utilização dos automóveis um complicador para quem quer fechar o orçamento final do mês....
- 28/12/2016Rodovico Transportadora Sustentável !!
Uma grande parcela dos problemas ambientais decorre do uso crescente de veículos, notadamente os movidos por derivados de petróleo.
Junto ao sintropar com o programa despoluir nos da Rodovico contamos com teste frequentemente de nossos veículos.
#Rodovico #empresasustentavel #portodos#pelomeioambiente
Comments28/12/2016 #1 Anderson DantasParabéns pela preocupação com o meio ambiente. Nós da Ecotrainning (www.ecotrainning.com.br) sempre passamos aos nossos clientes essa conscientização ambiental. Esse cuidado com sua frota também é um grande diferencial nesse mercado tão competitivo, pois os clientes que andam em conformidade com normas ambientais darão preferência (ou pelo menos se espera isso) às empresas com posturas como as de vocês.
- Producer01/12/2016MOTORISTA EXECUTIVO.VANDERLEI DA SILVA Rua Soldado Gentil Guimarães de Oliveira, 053CEP 07072-230 - Vila Rosália - Guarulhos - SP - BrasilResidencial: (11) 29373556 / Celular: (11) 949838263 Guarulhos, 1 de dezembro de 2016 Olá, tudo bem?Tenho dezessete anos de...
- 15/03/2016CCOO convoca una huelga de 24 horas en Renfe y Adif el 23 de marzocincodias.com El sindicato convoca este paro al inicio de la Semana Santa. Si Hacienda comunica el desbloqueo de los convenios colectivos y los procesos de contratación, la huelga se...
- 13/01/2016Ola tudo bem !!
Feliz 2016 A todos os amigos, juntos venceremos a crise,Vc que esta precisando entregar ou coletar mercadoria, levar pessoas ao aeroporto,sitio,obra
esta com dificuldade com o transporte fale comigo
estou pronto para atender faço SP /Litoral /Interior tenho kombi flex a sua disposição. Aguardo o seu contato ......
- 23/09/2015Ola galera tudo bem ... Vc. tem banda esta com dificuldade para transportar instrumentos,fale comigo tenho uma kombi pronta para te atender,atendo para transporte pessoas para casamento ou eventos,entre em contato e faça uma cotação,Certeza que será bem atendido Obrigado ,Abraços email@example.com
- 22/09/2015Ola Tudo bem ?? Esta com dificuldade de entregar sua mercadoria,levar funcionário,SP./Interior/Litoral Fale comigo agora, pronto para resolver o seu problema, "Não deixe para amanhã, o que pode resolver hoje" Transporte Carlos a sua disposição Obrigado
- 28/08/2015Pessoas interessadas em transporte tipo frete em SP. /Interior /Litoral ,pequenas mudanças, ir ao aeroporto com mala grande ,esta com dificuldade, fale comigo estarei pronto para atender Obrigado...................Att; Carlos
- 29/07/2015beBee in EnglishbeBee in English beBee's Affinity Networking official hive. beBee is an affinity social network which allows users to connect with other people who share the same interests and experiences. beBee allows you to increase productivity and business opportunities
- 20/08/2015trabalho com entregas e coletas na grande sp e interior com Fiorino própria 2007 tenho 53 anos moro em diadema sou micro empreendedor individual contato com Antonio (11)982312955 TIM.
Comments20/08/2015 #1 Mariana SilvaPrecisando de dinheiro? Acesse o site https://www.frpromotora.com/emprestimosconsignados.php?id=45364176 View morePrecisando de dinheiro? Acesse o site https://www.frpromotora.com/emprestimosconsignados.php?id=45364176 e veja opções de empréstimos consignados da FR Promotora. Close
- 18/08/2015Tenho Kombi para colocar mercado de trabalho área de transporte,faço SP. Litoral, Interior,pequenas mudanças,Ex. fogão maq. de lavar etc.
- 10/08/2015tenho carro particular, e atendo pessoas que necessitem de transporte economico. rio e grande rio. Marco antonio 21(987881115) 21(965545130)
- 18/03/2015Veja os principais pontos da Lei dos Caminhoneirosg1.globo.com Entre novas regras estão pedágio gratuito e perdão de multas. Lei faz parte de acordo para o desbloqueio de rodovias no...