- 21/07/2017Sevilla tiene sus fiestas de verano, en el Barrio de Triana donde Astarté quedó prendada por su belleza. Hoy se inaugura la Velá de Santa Ana, y no te lo puedes perder.
Summer festivals in Triana, where Astarté fell inlove when she arrived to Sevilla. You can´t miss this amazing event, "La Velá de Santa Ana"
- Producer21/07/2017“ But Your Grace, The Angels Will See Them.” Wandering around Gaudi’s Barcelona.I am sitting on the terrace of my hotel on the La Rambla, Barcelona’s famous pedestrian walkway. It’s just on seven a.m., and the city has yet to stir from the previous night’s revelry. Looking westwards, through a forest of spindly...
Comments21/07/2017 #17 Ian WeinbergIndeed a fabulous piece @Paul Walters befitting of a legendary construction in one of my favourite cities. Tragically Gaudi died after being run over by a tram. It is alleged that it took 3 days before anyone recognized the 'tramp' as being the great Gaudi because of his attire. Happy travels. Looking forward to our next guided tour!21/07/2017 #16 CityVP 🐝 ManjitI can see how Gaudi's mind worked, he was not building the tallest church imaginable, he was building Catalonia. The Castellers who build human towers is a Catalan ritual which reminds the people of Catalonia the values of Força, equilibri, valor i seny,” which is strength, balance, courage and common sense.
For sure the Catalans who identify themselves as Spanish are a tough hurdle for asserting separation from Spain as is the determination of the Spanish government to keep Spain intact, and ironically Spain made this harder for themselves by its focus on creating autonomous regions. The reality is that it was Spain who ceded Northern Catalonia to France and the French have been successful at homogenizing the Northern Catalan culture, today 80% of Catalans in France speak French. What also emboldened Catalans is the Franco regime. Franco is an example of someone who despised the Catalan culture. Fortunately for Catalans, Spain did not cede all of Catalan to the French centuries before, while Franco's brutality and regime actually served to strengthen Catalan spirits.
The point is that towers represent something very fundamental to Catalans and I am sure Gaudi knew this - and so instead of building human towers, he has built the towers that actually symbolize the eventual declaration of independence for the Catalan people. Just who will be in control of Catalan in 2030 will be interesting. Thus your emphasis on Gaudi's fierce Catalan spirit is highly valid in your articulation of Segrada Familia. It is very much a building about the spirit of Catalan independence. It is Franco who executed Catalan President Lluís Companys in the Spanish Civil War. This Church is a symbol of the Catalan people and there may well come a time in Spanish history when another Franco will arise - but it is this Spirit of Gaudi's vision that protects Catalan culture.21/07/2017 #14 Javier 🐝 beBeeSpain https://www.bebee.com/producer/@javierbebee/spain-tourism 🐃🐃🐃🐃🐃🐃😎😎😎🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽🏖🏖🏖🏖🏖🚄🚄🚄🚄🚄🚄⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀21/07/2017 #8 Javier 🐝 beBeeSagrada Familia is the most famous of Gaudí’s works. This church has been in construction since 1892, and it’s not expected to be finished until 2030. The church presents an excellent depiction of the relationship between man, nature, and religion through its architecture and façade sculptures. Climbing one of its towers will give you a unique view of Barcelona!21/07/2017 #5 Dean OwenI reposted a stunning 3D visualisation of the completed Basilica a few months back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDmloG3tXU View moreI reposted a stunning 3D visualisation of the completed Basilica a few months back.
I do worry that 2026, even with modern day techniques, is going to be a struggle. Not so much the turrets, but the meticulous and labour intensive stone masonry work. Despite it's huge size, those turrets are a bit of a squeeze to get beer bellies like ours up. It has already, but will surely do wonders for the Spanish economy as Spain heads to the top of everyones bucket list. Close
- 21/07/2017Darling Harbour Sydney
In this video
The Australian National Maritime Museum is Australia's national centre for maritime collections, exhibitions, research and archaeology.
International Convention Centre Sydney is Australia’s premier convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct.
http://www.iccsydney.com.auDarling Harbour Sydney In this video Pyrmont Bridge The Australian National Maritime Museum is Australia's national centre for maritime collections, exhibitions, research and...
Comments21/07/2017 #3 David B. GrinbergLance, I just tweeted your buzzing video per #FridayFeeling. Bees can easily reteweet from top of my Twitter home page https://twitter.com/DBGrinberg View moreLance, I just tweeted your buzzing video per #FridayFeeling. Bees can easily reteweet from top of my Twitter home page https://twitter.com/DBGrinberg
cc: @Javier 🐝 beBee @John White, MBA @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian @stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador Close
- Producer20/07/2017GAY BOGOTA: OUR GUIDE TO THE BEST BARS, CLUBS AND HOTELSEver been to a club with 8,000 other gay boys with 13 rooms spread across 5 floors?Neither had we, until we went to Theatron club in Colombia’s capital city, Bogota. The gay scene here is all about this infamous mega club, which is the largest in...
- Producer20/07/2017Jour 7 &. 8 : tour du lac Jour 7Etant fatigués de la veille nous avons décidé de profiter de notre matinée au camping. Pour ma part, j’ai un peu bossé et écrit des articles pour le blog. L’arpès-midi, direction le funiculaire de Côme pour monter jusqu’à Brunate....
- 20/07/2017XLIV Concurso del Pimiento y del Tabaco de las Ferias y Fiestas 2017 de Jaraíz #FiestasDelTabacoyDelPimiento http://ow.ly/tcXQ30dLYPr
- 20/07/2017Tidung Island ( Pulau Tidung ) has a tourist attraction known as the Bridge of Love. Located on the west side of pulau tidung, Love Bridge is the link between two islands, Tidung Besar Island and Tidung Kecil Island which separates the land. Its length is about 800 meters. Love Bridge is indeed one of the favorites in Tidung Island. At this location, visitors can wait for the sunset on the western horizon. The atmosphere of the sunset is so interesting to capture the moment together. http://kepulauan-seribu.com/pulau-tidung
- Producer20/07/2017MOVING TO CHINA TO EMPTY OUT YOUR CUPI AM MOVING TO CHINA again. It's been over a year since I have been gone and I've missed China. It was never my attention to come back to America as soon as I did, but my previous trip had a little mishap and I couldn't renew my visa in time. I had...
Comments20/07/2017 #1 Deb 🐝 Helfrich"It's exhausting to be American" Now that is a poster slogan that needs to seriously be addressed. Right along with it is stressful to be an american and fear won't make any country great.
The wisest thing you can ever do is listen to those bodily messages of truth, @Lyon Brave
Peace of mind for a season or two is a priceless freedom, no matter if there is media constraint. It is a way to make it out of the rat maze of keeping up with the commercials.....
- 20/07/2017Wood Splitting at "Casa della Pace", Crookwell, Australia
Run Time 2:48 min
In this video:
Using Google Earth to show location.
On a recent road trip holiday to Cootamundra, Canberra and Crookwell, I’m splitting some sawn logs for the wood fire place at or friend’s place, “Cassa della Pace” (home of Peace) Crookwell, New South Wales Australia.
@stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador
@David 🐝 Martín Alonso
@David B. Grinberg
@Susan 🐝 Botello
@Susan 🐝 Rooks, the Grammar Goddess
@Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.Wood Splitting at Casa della Pace, Crookwell Australia Wood Splitting at Casa della Pace, Crookwell, Australia Back-Stage Series In this video I’m splitting some sawn logs for the wood fire place at or friend’s...
Comments20/07/2017 #4 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.this is ... wonder ... FUL, thank you, Lance20/07/2017 #3 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.Lance, you are truly spoiling us. Wow!
- Producer19/07/2017Jour 6 : Lac Di Piano & MenaggioAujourd’hui, direction le Lac Di Piano qui se situe tout en haut à gauche de Côme dans une réserve naturelle. Pour nous y rendre, nous avons pris la route qui longe le lac, nous sommes passés par Laglio ou apparemment notre très cher Georges possède...
- 19/07/2017All great things come to those who wait....a saying that 'rings' true (pardon the pun)....we made it to Finalist in a Jewellery Design Award in Australia. Feeling excited! Cross fingers and toes!
- 19/07/2017Pulau Sepa Island tour of the Pulau Seribu islands that have a soft white sand and there are also hawksbill breeding, blue sea and green toska on the beach makes the island look exotic sepa. http://kepulauan-seribu.com/pulau-sepa
- Producer18/07/2017Jour 4 et 5 : CômeJour 4 : CômeLe weekend approchant nous avons décidé de ralentir les visites et de prendre le temps de se reposer et surtout de profiter. Nous sommes donc partis découvrir la ville de Côme en début d’après-midi. Premier passage obligé quand vous...
- Producer18/07/2017Meeting a Fellow bee Thanks to beBee!Some of you may have already heard that I will be meeting a fellow 'bee' in Nags Head, North Carolina to enjoy an oceanfront get away together. It will be the first time we meet. We've known each other since the Linkedin days but really got to know...
Comments21/07/2017 #49 Pamela 🐝 Williams#37 no worries Lisa; I'm totally comfortable with a planner; I'm used to be the one doing all the planning. Happy, happy, happy to let someone else take the reins for once. And since we gave each other the right to say; No Thank you..We're all good my friend. Plan to your little hearts content. I haven't questioned anything you've planned so far. As long as I have my morning coffee on the beach, with a chocolate croissant, if I can find them (not donut because I treat myself when I'm on vacation) I'm game for anything!21/07/2017 #48 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsOkay, so my favorite drink is a Cosmo! chilled to perfection with a twist of lime. There's a bartender here in GSO that is unbeatable in making them for me. I sneak in every once in a while just to have one :-) Hmmmm @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher View moreOkay, so my favorite drink is a Cosmo! chilled to perfection with a twist of lime. There's a bartender here in GSO that is unbeatable in making them for me. I sneak in every once in a while just to have one :-) Hmmmm @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher; the answer to the question in #32 is: Yes to both. Okay, so I gave away one secret. Close19/07/2017 #43 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#41 Hi Turatsinze, If there are others from Rwanda or near by- even the Capitol city on beBee, it's always possible to have a meet up if you have transportation? Do you use a computer or a cell phone for your internet? Do you know of anyone else near you that is using beBee? My friend and I live about 9 hours from each other. Do you have transportation to get around in Rwanda, such as motorbikes?19/07/2017 #37 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#35 #36 oh this could be fun, the list is growing. "Dirty girl Martini and Men-OutaPause" What is in a dirty girl martini @Cyndi wilkins, I have heard of them but never had one. I've had sex on the beach and it was OK. I love just typing that LMBO. No worries @Pamela 🐝 Williams, they call them secrets for a reason! ;-) I will probably drive Pam nuts w/my planning by the time we meet. Ok, I will try to keep the planning to a minimum.19/07/2017 #35 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsPhew! I thought she was going to give away all my secrets there for a second! @Cyndi wilkins, we already have the cocktails all planned out! Lisa is definitely the planner to have on a vacation. I sit back and she sends me all this wonderful information. I'm more than happy to let her go at it! I'm trying not to wish my life away but definitely excited to meet up with my buddy! The head of my department laughed when I gave him 4 months notice that I would be taking a week off in October...
We will definitely have to come up with something outrageous to share with the Bees! Start planning Lisa! :-) Oh, and don't worry too much about making a little noise, I sleep like the dead! A hurricane could come through and I'd never know it. A couple of months ago a huge, and I mean HUGE, oak tree came down in our yard during a storm and I never heard a thing, the tree nor the storm. It took out a 6 ft chain link fence and crushed a brand new outbuilding in my neighbors yard...still I slept on! So no need to tiptoe!
I love Justin, he's like Michael, he makes you want to dance dance dance dance!
Oh, and we still need to write our blog: Men-oughta-Pause...LOL! I'll let you explain that one.19/07/2017 #31 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#25 LOL, @Cyndi wilkins, I would hear you giggling and then hand you a drink too LOL! I have met a handful of people from Social Media in person over the past 10 years, never been disappointed. That human connection really does make a difference! Now, how about a white chocolate martini? ;-)19/07/2017 #30 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#24 I read you can have bonfires on the beach in Nags Head @Aaron 🐝 Skogen, we have to check if it's only during certain months, because that would be a blast for sure! I agree, it's wonderful to have friends who accept for who you are but who wants friends that don't, right? LOL. Actually, it took me until my 30's to understand that I did have friends who had major expectations and they would get mad if you didn't meet those expectations. So, I made a pact w/myself to choose wisely and let go of those I had nothing in common with. Never had regrets. I see my daughter struggling with that now that she's a mom and closing in on the age of 30. I think she is figuring it out too. Quality over quantity! Thanks Aaron.
- Producer17/07/20175 Tips when Traveling AloneFlying solo, both literally and metaphorically, can be a daunting experience. Without a companion alongside you on all of your adventures, traveling can feel quite lonely. Embrace any feeling of loneliness in a positive way, and make the most out of...
- 17/07/2017The latest story to keep the tourists at bay and from visiting my fair state~ http://inhabitat.com/oozing-hagfish-spill-covers-highway-with-slime-in-oregon/
- Producer17/07/2017Vibrant Jakarta – Alive And KickingJakarta is full of colour, vibrancy and life. At first glance it looks like a huge modern city with a towering skyline, however in the backstreets you will find a patchwork of small lanes called Jalan Tikus (which translates to “mouse street”)...
Comments17/07/2017 #3 Dean OwenHey Ken-san thanks! And Stephanie-san (not to be confused with Stephanie Sun the Singaporean pop diva) thanks for the tour. I didn't like Jakarta the first time I visited and never returned. But thanks to your article and a recent one of Paul's, perhaps it is time to revisit the old town. This article did bring a warm fuzzy feeling back to me as I do miss living on a Jalan.17/07/2017 #1 Ken BoddieJakarta is probably my least favourite Indo city, Stephanie, for more reasons than politeness permits, but your well written travelogue makes it appealing. Greatly improved brand spanking new airport and some world standard shopping malls make it popular with the ladies in my extended Indo family, but oh the traffic and the smog and .......
One of the best things in Jakarta for me is the road to Puncak. 🤣
- Producer16/07/201751 things I miss about the States1. Dunkin' Donuts - obviously2. Spelling 'Donuts' the easy way3. Red Vines4. A coffee shop on every corner5. Shopping at Walmart at 3 am6. Shopping past 4 pm on a Sunday7. Drive-through coffee shops, ATMs, drug stores, and taquerias8. Taquerias9....
Comments16/07/2017 #11 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#10 yes familiar with cornichons, delicious ;-)16/07/2017 #10 Sandra Smith#7 Don't get me started on puny pickles @John White, MBA - they even have a special French name that @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc. will be familiar with... "cornichons"16/07/2017 #6 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.love that list!
- 16/07/2017Street beat Bishkek
The Red Dragon Kiosk. It is the size of my dining room table. My arms stretched from tip to tip.....it is TINY. But big flavor and small prices. Fried Rice (with Pork!), wontons, Chicken spiced beans with noodles and egg roll - 300 som. .....about 4.15 USD OMG Get my fat bryki!
- Producer15/07/2017Jour 3 : Milan Aujourd'hui, nous avons décidé de partir en direction de la ville de Milan. Mais avant un arrêt était plus que nécessaire à Arese où se situe un big centre commercial. Il nous a fallu environ 35 minutes pour rejoindre le Graal de nous les addict du...
- Producer15/07/2017Lecco et ses trois lacs Aujourd’hui, en ce deuxième jour nous avons décidé de rejoindre Lecco un autre village qui se situe en face de Côme. Après donc un énième café, nous avons pris la route qui longe le lac certes un peu plus longue mais pour nous permettre de profiter...
- Producer15/07/2017GAY PATAGONIA: 8 UNIQUE GAY HOTELS TO STAY IN PATAGONIAPatagonia is the place to come if you love adventure and are passionate about wildlife.We spent 1 month travelling across Patagonia on both the Argentinian and Chilean side in Esquel, Puerto Madryn, El Calafate, El Chalten and Torres del Paine....