- Producer17/06/2017Snap to it: the GB energy system needs to get flexibleAs I sat down earlier this week to write my next blog, I was distracted by an incoming email alert: National Grid publishing their SNAPS consultation (System Needs and Product Strategy).Now, this isn’t a new piece of policy to worry about, nor is it...
- Producer03/06/2017Go back to the future to support our energy networksThe collection of poems known as Carmina Burana (Songs from Beuern) dates from the 11th or 12th centuries; the exact dates are uncertain and the authorship disputed although widely assumed to be the work of Goliards – clerics who mocked the church...
- Producer03/06/2017The power of human connection is the best energy I knowThere is a power more potent than electricity.There is a fuel that delivers more energy than oil or gas.There is an ingredient as vital to human existence as water.We call it love.I woke up early the day after the MEN Arena bombing. Loaded suitcases...
Comments04/06/2017 #17 Brian McKenzieA new terror act and still not enough bacon later.
"Love" requires, Trust & Faith - neither of which I am big on. I will run a hard risk mitigation until I find a reason not to trust - surprising at how little effort it really takes to set off those alarms. And 'faith' - I never believed in Santa or the pick-a-God idioms.
It us the age old stiry of the Scorpion & Frog trying to cross the river.04/06/2017 #16 Deb 🐝 Helfrich#15 I should have known, @Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee, that you'd be one of the people to see how I applied the message of this buzz in a practical way, rather than just 'preach to the choir.'
Being able to connect/communicate with anyone is a super-power that is worth sharing.
In fact, our dearest Irene reignited my belief in the power of what I do with a share yesterday on LI that I intend to share here in the near future.04/06/2017 #14 Deb 🐝 Helfrich#7 We all have our 'bacons' - in fact, I just consumed some of WholePaycheck's with a side of fried dough. The food in Boston is so old school in a good way, compared to Seattle.
When we get to eat what we love, do what we love, hang with people we love - then the world ripples towards goodwill, via the simple fact that when we are content, we don't lash out to hurt others, randomly.
My takeaway from this post is that when you and I have a little chat and feel like we've communicated, different as we may be - then the next person we interact with gets the benefit of each of us in a slightly better mood.
In fact, we've likely caused a few others who just read our short chat, to question their own assumptions about striking up a conversation with someone who 'appears' to be ready to be staunchly contrary.04/06/2017 #10 Vincent Andrew"The power of human connection is the best energy I know". Agree. Absolutely.
What happened in Manchester was too close to home for me @Georgina Penfold. My son is studying in Manchester, thousands of km from home. So not a day passes by when I don't ask how he is doing there.
Thank you for your thoughtful buzz.04/06/2017 #9 Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee@Georgina Penfold- It is my first reading of a buzz by yu. I am glad I did. I shall go with your 3-legged formula for not giving a void or meaningless comment.
I like your mind. his is reflected in your quoted writing "Why focus on the separation when I had a chance to help him smile?
The problem is, generally, we are not very good at telling each other what we admire or how we feel until it’s too late.
To love is to sacrifice one part of the self for the chance of something greater".
I wrote a buzz on love that attracted more than 170 comments. The definition of love here is greater than IIIII expected and is a lovely one too. To express my love, I shared your buzz. Love is also to act.04/06/2017 #6 Deb 🐝 Helfrich#5 You are being extra-specially grumbly in this comment, Brian. Which, I love, but I want to bring things back around to what I consider a very important point by @Georgina Penfold:
"But sometimes, the power of a smile can help a damaged soul. The potency of recognition can make a difference to someone going through a difficult time and the strength of human love and support can, in a very small way, help build a better world."
A good meal, sticking it to the health destroying (i mean caring) industry, freedom to roam. I get to experience another aspect of the world through your inimitable style when you share that which you love.
Love is not about style, nothing at all to do with flouncy, soft language. It is about each of us finding enjoyment in life and passing those feelings around a bit.
It is a massive, strong, undefeatable energy.
I'll stop making sense because this ain't no party, it ain't no disco, there ain't no fooling around.03/06/2017 #5 Brian McKenzie"Love" is the same pandering flag of 'Freedom', 'Liberty', 'Equality', 'Democracy', 'GOD', 'Americana', 'Manifest Destiny', 'Hope' etc.
It is as seasonal as Santa Claus, as conditional as tiny legal fine print, disposable as the male romper should be and transactional as filling your gas tank.
You will never find Truth in the Hallmark aisle - visit a divorce court instead, that is where all the bills come due.03/06/2017 #3 Tausif Mundrawala#2 I was reeling with pain since past many days due to my mom's treatment. Those days were like hell for me and my brother but I think there is a powerful energy in us which can wade any damn difficult moment and helps us emerge a winner. My beBee has helped me a lot to heal that wound and your buzz came at an opportune time. By the grace of Almighty she is doing good. Am elated to be connected with you my friend,@Georgina Penfold03/06/2017 #2 Georgina Penfold#1 Hi Tausif, thank you so much for the kind comments. You're absolutely right, it should come from within. It can be really difficult sometimes to summon up internal happiness - particularly when life is tough or work is stressful - but having lived through some dark emotions, I've learnt that trying to give joy to others is the best way to find it yourself. Smiling and saying nice things, especially when you don't feel like smiling, can be incredibly powerful and helps both yourself and others to feel better about life, if only for a while.
- 17/03/2017We'll be exhibiting at The Future of Utilities at Hilton Tower Bridge, London on 29th - 30th March - will you be attending?The Future of Utilities | Marketforce Conferencewww.marketforce.eu.com The Future of Utilities is the UK’s leading energy & water summit. Attend to experience two days packed full with strategic content and valuable...
- Producer11/06/2016What a lot about wind… and other utilities industry updatesWell, it’s started.All eyes on Europe as teams of exceedingly well-paid gentlemen take to the battlefield and act like… well, anything but gentlemen. Tribal instincts kick in and accusations of dirty tactics abound. Then of course, the Euro ‘16...
- Producer27/05/2016Good conduct for water retailers, Project Management at Hinkley... and other UK energy industry updatesIt’s been a couple of weeks since my last blog, so I’ve really struggled to narrow down which news, views and political stories to include. The last couple of weeks have been a very interesting time in utility terms. We have coal-free power, cost...