- Producer16/01/2017Usability vs UXUsability is the path of least resistance from point A to B. Whether we’re talking about the usability of an app, a website or something in the physical world. See the well-trodden path here? That’s usability. It’s not (always) pretty. But it gets...
- Producer03/01/2017UX: Infinite Scrolling vs. Pagination, by Nick BabichBy Nick Babich“Should I use Infinite scrolling or Pagination for my content?” Some designers are still refereeing a tug-o-war between the two methods to decide which to implement into their projects. Each of them has their strengths and weaknesses...
Comments03/01/2017 #5 Anonymous#4 @Javier 🐝 beBee el uso de la paginación por supuesto sólo la veo en algunos casos para interfaces de escritorio en la que un usuario va a invertir tiempo. Por ejemplo me viene a la cabeza una tienda virtual en desktop mejor hacer paginación con los productos para no saturarle y que el usuario tenga un orden de lo que ha visto y lo que no.
En una interfaz móvil nunca haría paginación ya que el usuario va a consumir información rápida y visual y no va a perder mucho tiempo.03/01/2017 #3 Anonymous#1 En la gran mayoría de casos si es mejor el scroll infinito. Pero bueno siempre hay que pensar pros, contras y el objetivo de la pantalla. En el caso de consumo de contenido es obvio que funciona mejor el scroll infinito. En listados de información muy específica es posible que en ocasiones funcione mejor la paginación.
- 10/07/2016My answer on QUORA to "What is the best type of computer monitor for coding?"
I like to “spread out” and and have multiple types of collateral available, so Size - or at any rate - Scale Matters.
I use a couple of 20+” monitors. Advantages:
Cheaper - Hey, it’s who I am
Broad “panoramic” vista allows me to slide things left & right, while still keeping a good viewable aspect ration on individual windows
More Flexible -I can move one of the monitors over and add it to my laptop (a separate rig - useful for client-site work), if I’d prefer to work there
Easier to maintain - If one monitor goes down, I can replace it (see “Cheaper”) … and still continue to work
note: This image is generic - NOT my desk.
- 04/06/2016"Making beBee all it can bee."
beBee Plus is our playpen for gathering, sharing, and exploring ways to make this a social network special.
I'll be posting some "leftover suggestions" from experiences w/ networks like LinkedIn and Quora. Plus some new stuff.
- 01/06/2016extra clicks + less functionality + indifference
= the Trifecta of Un-usabilitywww.linkedin.com Actually, "This is STILL Stupid." A few months ago I had a hissy-fit about LinkedIn's poorly-executed attempt to make its messaging interface more "FaceBook-y" by assuming that - when you hit...
- Producer22/04/2016The Decline of LinkedIn: Why It Bugged Us.I am currently retrieving a series of articles I wrote over a year ago which explained how I saw the inevitable fall of LinkedIn, archiving them for history here on beBee. These articles, originally published on LinkedIn Pulse, now seem prophetic,...
Comments01/06/2016 #6 John Vaughan22/04/2016 #4 Brian McKenzieI thought i had a long list ! Surprising, my host of rants has no repition of yours. I have religated it to business intelligence platform. I will hunt down contacts and follow them on twitter, quora, medium, their own website and FB, as most LI users are NOT publishing, posting, commenting or engaging on the LI platform.22/04/2016 #1 Madeline Anderson-BalmerWow Gary, I haven't had these kinds of problems on Linked In, except for the views piece. Maybe it's because I only go on 2 or 3 times a day to check in and update, post, etc. If I were having these problems you can bet I would definitely STOP using the platform. For myself and the industry I support, I still feel that Linked In is a viable platform to build awareness, influence, and viewership. Linked In is our website's third highest referral source.
- Producer13/04/2016User Research tips and best practicesOn the previous article we started important topic – the importance of user research in UX Design and I promised you to write more about it. This time I want to share with you benefits of user research,what are the types & dimensions of user...
Comments13/04/2016 #4 Brian McKenzieGreat insights @Ekaterina Novoseltseva If you have a product I want - but poor UX and customer flow - I will search for another provider and buy the product from them - this happens with after service too. I am not so platform loyal just because you showed up at the top of Google. ( I usually jump to page 6 anyways)