- 12/04/2017Cultivating skill and wonder while growing your own food...Inspirational Tuesday ~ Cultivating Wonder & Skill in the Garden for All Agesjanegrueber.com Cultivating Wonder & Skill One of my favorite how-to gardening books for children and their adults is Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots: Gardening Together with Children by Sharon Lovejoy. It...
- The Power of Inclusion – A Story of One Woman on a Missionniume.com “Taking care of my little plot with mindfulness, awareness and consistent presence is the best I can do to help mother earth and mankind. Being a responsible citizen of the world, taking care of my family and my health creates one less crisis for an...
- Creating Food Security in Your Community – Is it on Your Vision Board for 2017?niume.com “Food is a profoundly social urge. Food is almost always shared; people eat together; mealtimes are events when the whole family or settlement or village comes together. Food is also an occasion for sharing, for distributing and giving, for the...
- Be A Part of the Re-Generation: Inspiring Examples of Urban Agricultureniume.com “Example isn’t another way to teach, it IS the way to teach.” ~Albert Einstein~Urban agriculture, urban farming or urban gardening, according to Wikipedia, is the practice of cultivating, processing, and distributing food in or around a village,...
- 11/01/2017Replay of my Live broadcast on FB from yesterday, along with recipe. FYI I'm using Soy and Soya interchangeably because most Asians grow up knowing it as "soya" but Westerners are more familiar with "soy".How to Make Soy Milk and Soya Drink - Jackie Mjackiem.com.au Here's a quick and simple way to make your own soy milk and soya drink from Jackie M's LIVE Asian Kitchen broadcast. Subscribe now for more recipes &...
- "The Chaco Story with Chris Maykut"
TUE, 1/11, 8pm PST
Link to upcoming show:
To partially quote, "Chaco Canyon was created with one not-so-simple goal: to create a cafe that could nourish the community while providing an exceptional dining experience through their menu and cafe culture along with also being a powerful voice for sustainable business practices."
Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe has turned the traditional business model on its head by proving you can be great for the planet, great for the people, and still be profitable and sustainable.
Owner Chris Maykut joins us today to share more of the Chaco story- the Why, the How, and the What, with everything in between.
Businesses such as Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe are truly a beacon of light, shining the way for other businesses and a great inspiration of actively being the change we wish to see in our world.
"Chris Maykut was born and raised in Seattle. After a 10-year hiatus in the Bay Area to acquire an accounting degree and work in the dynamic San Francisco restaurant industry, he moved back to Seattle and founded the Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe in 2003. Chaco has grown from a single employee and tiny basement location to three locations and 82 employees, and is still immersed in its Quixotic quest to prove that sustainability and profitability are not mutually exclusive terms. Chris lives in Greenwood with his wife Samantha and two perfect children, Gus and Raina."
To learn more about Chaco Canyon Organic Cafes, visit:
Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram at:
- 14/11/2016Check out my new Blog Post about - the future of foodAgricultural Revolution in a Shipping Container – High Tech Turn Key Solution for Food Insecurity and Safetyjanegrueber.com The most difficult challenge facing humanity is not devising solutions to the energy crisis or climate crisis or population crisis; rather, it is bringing stories or narratives of the human...
- 05/10/2016Check Out My First eBook - it's Free
Top 5 Desserts - a grab-and-go book for dessert lovers
Finally, delicious desserts that have No refined sugar, flour or dairy -Welcome to Recipes of My Home – Download your Free Top 5 Dessert Recipes eBook Herejanegrueber.com Local, Organic, Sustainable Healthy Recipes and Information for Living A Life Well...
- 29/08/2016New dairy alternative is made from real milk proteins – but without cows or other animals.grendz.com Researchers are close to releasing the first lab-made dairy products, saying they’ll have the same look and taste of actual dairy products, but with no animals involved in their manufacture. Unlike current dairy replacements that are based things...
- 25/08/2016New Blog Post: Stop Wasting Food - 7 Strategies for Reducing Waste at HomeRecipes of My Home: Stop Wasting Food - 7 Tips to Reduce Food Waste at Homerecipesofmyhome.blogspot.ca
- 17/08/2016I am new to beBee and so excited to join.
I think I'll share a Recipe Blog Post. It's one of my favorite summer desserts - Fresh Strawberry Pie
Check out the photos in this post - we shot them yesterdayRecipes of My Home: Fresh Strawberry Easy-as-Pie Reciperecipesofmyhome.blogspot.ca
- 04/07/2016Delicious! Even your carnivorous friends will love it.My Favourite Lunch of the Moment: Easy Flaked Almond “Tuna” Salad — Oh She Glowsohsheglows.com This summer marks my fourth year since I started experimenting with vegan recipe development. In what feels like the blink of an eye, I’ve shared over 400 recipes (and many more photos) with you on this blog. When I...
- 06/04/2016Mocha Frozen Yogurt -- The perfect snack, dessert, breakfast, Yep, chocolate for breakfast! Anytime of the day you'll want this creamy luscious treat! And it's vegan, gluten free, great protein, and super yummy!
Pin it:: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/76913106115059056/
- 06/04/2016Look at this recipe, so colorful and delicious and vegan: http://bit.ly/1MRMF8w
- 06/04/2016Coconut Lemon Slushie -- a refreshing creamy frozen coconut lemonade treat that'll help cool you off in the summer, and it's nice and healthy too
Pin it:: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/76913106115017320/
- 01/04/2016You can still enjoy this Gluten-free & Vegan Carrot Cake!Gluten-free & Vegan Carrot Cake w/ Icing - Vegan Family Recipeswww.veganfamilyrecipes.com A healthy gluten-free vegan carrot cake recipe with chocolate chips and a simple 2-ingredient icing. Perfect for Easter brunch and springtime! Crowd...