- 20/10/2016finally some innovation from NintendoFirst Look at Nintendo Switch Introducing Nintendo Switch! In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the...
- Producer27/07/2016Die Bundeswehr vs. Pokémon Go (via SZ)Das Smartphone-Spiel "Pokémon Go" macht der Bundeswehr Probleme: Zivilisten geraten nicht nur beim eifrigen Spielen in Schießübungen, sie lassen sich auch kaum von Spionen unterscheiden.Eigentlich waren die Warnsignale nicht zu übersehen. Die...
Comments24/08/2016 #5 Aurorasa Sima#4 Die Zocker vielleicht nicht ... aber wo werden denn die Daten hingeschickt? Ist der Chef der Entwicklerfirma nicht vorher bei Google Earth gewesen und hat dort finanzielle Unterstützung von einer FBI-nahen Institution bekommen? Naja, man muss ja auch nicht paranoid werden.
- Producer19/07/2016Harry Potter & World of Warcraft : The Ultimate EnchantmentsIf you belong to the 90% of the world’s population living North of the Equator and find yourself in the month of December, you are faced with two undeniable facts :Winter has already comeThe end of the year is coming For most people, it is a time...
Comments19/07/2016 #3 Froilán PérezVery interesting read @Shubhankar Bhattacharya
I wrote my Bachelor Thesis on a hypothetical business model restructuration for WoW, since it has reached in the past year it's lowest subscriber numbers, and Activision-Blizzard is no longer going to report figures.
Also, Blizzard more specifially (Activision too in the CoD and Destiny franchises) is going for a f2p model in its latest releases (Hearthstone and HoTS) - microtransactions included.
Additionally, WoW is now offering the option to pay for game time through the in-game currency, in the for of the WoW token.
In a survey I did for the above mentioned thesis, a great number of WoW players would play in a free classic server, and many of those would make microtransactions of optional items in the store (which already exists in the actual game).
Blizzard send a cease-and-desist to a group that offered a nostalgia (vanilla) private server, and would be foolish not to supply the existing demand for this type of service. Monetization should be viable if the current ingame store would be introduced to a classic service.
Another subject to debate would be product cannibalization between the actual game (which is losing players at an alarming rate) and a nostalgia service.
I myself believe that this hypothetical product cannibalization would be preferible, as in would keep current players (and maybe profit from microtransactions) and maybe atract customers from other MMORPG's. Also, one could argue that cannibalization could also be an issue with other Activision-Blizzard games, such as Diablo III, Overwatch, HS, HoTS and Destiny.
To sum up, Blizzard cant be stagnant in their customer relation.
Also, Thanks for sharing your insights!19/07/2016 #1 Britney ThompsonIt is also amazing how WoW got to enter into society as a social disruption in the users community, I mean it created relationships and marriage! It also makes me think how will Pokemon Go also will leave it mark... I would love to see if your perspective on this new game (if you have an opinion of course) great buzz @Shubhankar Bhattacharya
- 14/07/2016Ab gestern in Deutschland arhältich!Für Android und iOS: "Pokémon Go" jetzt auch offiziell in Deutschland - SPIEGEL ONLINEwww.spiegel.de Spieler laufen durchs Krankenhaus und auf Bahngleise: "Pokémon Go" sorgt vielerorts für Chaos - bringt aber auch Menschen zusammen. Jetzt gibt es das Spiel auch in Deutschland, für iOS und...
- 12/07/2016Angeblich zahlte WB verschieden influencers, um positive Promotion für das Spiel "Shadows of Mordor" zu bekommen.Warner Bros. bezahlte Youtuber für positive Shadow of Mordor-Promotionde.ign.com Immer positiv...