- 16/04/2017That Time Vespa Made a Car:
The 400 was a 'MicroCar' that was built by Piaggio (Vespa's Parent company) from 1957 to 1961. Powered by a 400cc two stroke motor, the little convertible could make speeds of 55 ~ but not much more. While there was a 'seating area for two behind the driver, it was mostly decorative and only really useful for extra luggage or the errant canine that you chose to let ride shotgun Rolling on tiny 10 inch wheels puts it in the same vane as the Morris Mini - but the anemic 2 stroke motor nearly guaranteed that it never saw any racing days like the Brit MicroCar. Production over the course of the life of the little runabout only reached 28,000 units - and hey are quite rare to find today. They would be great city cars for today's go nowhere traffic jams.
A great styling cue is the sliding convertible roof that opens up to the sun, but gives you a rigidity and structural strength that most other cabrios lack. As a shock to purists everywhere - I would ditch the Vespa motor and cram in a VW flat 4, and push out the tires to at least 14 inchers. Tradition be damned. ;)
- 14/03/2017Mercedes-Benz 600 Grosserscontent.xx.fbcdn.net
- 22/02/2017We would be tempted to use Mark Twain's words in "Following the Equator" in 1897... A 1933 Minerva and the 1967 Renault 4L... What a contrast. We loved that.
- 21/02/20171950 Cisitalia-Abarth 204A, built by motorsport legends Piero Dusio, Carlo Abarth and Ferdinand Porschecdn.classicandsportscar.com
- 20/02/2017We are honoured to have been invited in the jury of the 21 Gun Salute Concours d'Elegance in Delhi. Following the ICJAG judging guidelines, this concours is not to be missed!
- 19/02/2017Best selling truck in history.7 Facts You Probably Don't Know About The Ford F-Seriesgearheads.org As the most popular vehicle in America, you'd think we'd all know more about Ford F-Series pickups. Here are some secrets about the F-Series we've...
- 15/02/2017Nice article on Rudi KoniczekRudi Koniczek, the Canadian King of the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL | Automobile Magazinewww.automobilemag.com Rudi Koniczek and his merry band of mechanics devote their lives to preservation and restoration of the timeless Mercedes-Benz 300 SL...
- Producer10/02/2017To classic cars aficionados - Retromobile Paris - 8-12 Feb. ParisConcours d'Elégance Suisse is present at Retromobile Paris www.retromobile.com We are happy to share some beautiful picturesCome and visit us at Hall 2, Stand F52, and get the latest updates on the 2nd edition of the Concours d’Elégance...