- 26/09/2017Is there any truth to the rumour that Google will downgrade sites that don't have SSL in October?
I am kinda sick of Google. They are always coming up with something to waste our time and make it harder to rank. I have spent most of the year addressing the mobile-friendly issue. I am almost done but it has been a WHACK of work. Got sick so it slowed me down. What do they think we are millionaires to be constantly spending on web design?
Anyway, had to vent. Does anyone know anything about this?
- 20/09/2017The secret to consistently turn web traffic into leads is to find the right balance between content and design. Learn these web design hacks..15 Brilliant Web Design Hacks That Convert Traffic into Leadswww.callboxinc.com.au The secret to consistently turn web traffic into leads is to find the right balance between content and design. Learn these web design...
- 15/09/2017This article explains about the features and essentials of programming languages where the area, the beginner should consider. Click here for more details https://nehaxavierr.wixsite.com/webdevelopmentideas/single-post/2017/08/12/Which-is-Best-Language-in-2017-%E2%80%93-PHP-or-Python
- 12/09/2017Latest UX design trends that will grow further in 2018
Significant updates in user experience (UX) enables businesses to stay competitive and meet the evolving needs of customers worldwide. UX design encompasses the traditional-computer interaction or HCI design.Latest UX design trends that will grow further in 2018 - Open Source For Youopensourceforu.com The past year witnessed a big revolution in the UX design domain. And it appears that the most significant UX design trends are here to stay even in...
- 12/09/2017Get Into the Nitty-Gritty of a Responsive Web Design.
A few years ago, designing and building websites was pretty much easy. Website development was simpler as they were only viewed on desktops and laptops with little variations in screen sizes.Get Into the Nitty-Gritty of a Responsive Web Designniume.com A few years ago, designing and building websites was pretty much easy. Website development was simpler as they were only viewed on desktops and laptops with little variations in screen sizes. Today, approximately 4.77 billion individuals across the...
- 01/09/201750 Things You [Probably] Forgot To Design – UX Power Tools – Mediummedium.com Every PM: “I’m not mad, I’m just...
- 30/08/2017Top 2017’s Web Designing Trends We Should be Looking Forward To
To help you prepare for wherever the Web design tide takes us in 2017, we have come up with a list of 10 popular trends to keep a close eye on. Take a look and get inspired to tackle your web design projects this year with style.Top 2017’s Web Designing Trends We Should be Looking Forward Towww.digitaldoughnut.com We have come up with a list of 10 popular trends to keep a close eye on. Take a look and get inspired to tackle your web design projects this year with style.To help you prepare for wherever the Web design tide takes us in 2017, we have come up with...
- Producer28/08/2017True Relevance of a Responsive Web Design - INFOGRAPHICInternet usage has been skyrocketing over the last few years and is pretty much expected to increase. Unfortunately, a majority of business websites aren’t mobile friendly which is not only causing a headache for users but also a loss in the...
- 14/08/20175 Tips On Taking Your Design Team’s Productivity Through The Roof.
https://www.bebee.com/producer/@nandini-sharma-chandigarh-chand-garh/5-tips-on-taking-your-design-team-s-productivity-through-the-roof5 Tips On Taking Your Design Team’s Productivity Through The Roofwww.bebee.com Designing is easy, handling client reviews, feedback and change requests is not. If you have ever been involved in working with a designer, or...
- 21/07/2017Website Designing Development Company Kerala | mywebworldwww.mywebworld.in Website Designing Development Company Kerala - My Web World offers professional website development services to many clients. We have experts website designers and developers in...
- 21/07/2017Best SEO Company in Kerala, India | SEO Services Agency | mywebworldwww.mywebworld.in Top SEO Company/Agency in Kerala offering best SEO Services for Companies in Kerala, India. 500+Happy Clients, Ranked 10k+SEO Keywords in Google. Contact us...
- Producer05/07/2017Why will Custom Web Development save your business?This is a fast phased era of digital technology and to cope up with the technology you need to know what is working and what is not. Whether you’re an Entrepreneur or a small business owner you need to work hard and make your mark in the crowd. For...
- 24/06/2017Made my site mobile and completely re-designed it but the bounce rate is still too high. Any thoughts on how to improve this?
Comments24/06/2017 #23 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBAJust to clarify, I have just gone through a complete re-design earlier in the year and certainly do not have the budget to hand $3500 - $5000 over to a designer to re-do the whole site. I know some entrepreneurs who have spent $10,000 for a re-design and it did not make any difference in terms of how much revenue they generated. I am at this point just looking for suggestions to improve the bounce rate within the context of the existing design. Going from static to mobile and giving the whole site a major facelift should have made a big difference. I have the site looked before the update in comments below this one.24/06/2017 #21 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA#19 I agree 100% re: a video. I have videos on other pages but need to develop an overall corporate video for the first page. The videos I have now are from specific programmes in specific destinations. They are on Youtube and incorporated into specific pages.
BTW, this is not my blog but my company website.
I am not taking any of this as criticism but I am totally confused. Of course the site is built for the client. The original page did exactly what you are suggesting. It addressed the client's pain points and issues upfront and then spoke about our services. I did a mock-up to move the text heavy portions and included the link for feedback. (see my last comment) I am not happy with it as it is much too product focused off the top but I would love to get your reaction to this version vs the one that is live..
I think the first page IS memorable, stunning and eye catching. I don't see too many in my space that are this colourful.
I have just gone through a major re-design and certainly cannot justify spending on a site with bells and whistles like news tickers and rotating scripts. I am not convinced that this would lead to any improvement in results. If the look of the site was the main issue, I should have seen a significant improvement in bounce rate. This was the old design, which wasn't even mobile. http://executiveoasis.com/corporateeventplanning.html With a dramatic re-design, I should have seen an improvement in bounce rate, inquiries, etc. I did book with a major luxury brand based on the new site so I am on the right track I think but not quite there.24/06/2017 #20 John de JonkerThe "container" the actual content lives in means you decrease usable space by roughly 10% (on my iPhone 7 at least). Personally, I like 100% width designs with white backgrounds and either very dark gray or black text for readability.
Grats on the (re-)launch tho!24/06/2017 #19 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassadorwho is the site made for You or Them? Dress your iffers as events and happenings instead of a menu, use the time dimension to make it soon released, booked, done, archived, gone. Law of attraction love novelties. Make it fun, eye catching colors, trailers, video announcements, interactive.24/06/2017 #18 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassadori envision an intro focusing on clients experience and featured benefits. Then navigation should be lateral ...Just saying. If you keep it this way too long you will loose audience and targets on the long term. A first page must be stunning and memorable.24/06/2017 #15 Don Philpott☘️#11 Hi Anna, I see your reasoning. I'm looking at the multiplicity of ways a customer can reach your site, direct, search, ads, mailings, business card, referral, backlink, etc. I like ... "We offer management consulting, organizational development consulting,
executive retreats, team building, & keynotes." It begins the FAB flow. Its keyword specific, factual and object specific. On a side note - objective info is always better, so A/B test, multi-variant test, crazyegg.com, hotjar.com + google analytics will give concrete method of approach overtime. I like sumo.com too24/06/2017 #11 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA#9 @Don Philpott☘️ @stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador
Frankly I don't think this flows as well in terms of addressing client issues up front. I think it breaks the rules of engagement and that it's much too "product" focused before addressing client pain points. However, I have experimented by moving the more text heavy portions lower down on the page. Does this help? http://www.executiveoasis.com/indexnew.html24/06/2017 #9 Don Philpott☘️#8 Fairly straightforward ...if I'm your current or potential customer, I'm looking for specific information in regard to your key product (and its utility to me) contact point/points and potentially pricing, etc., After that there the "social proof"elements - which you hit well (links are branded, the youtube site is particularly good). Your analytics will tell you where you lose people, how many pages they view and if they considered, attempted./aborted on your "call to action."
https://www.pinterest.com/ad360/landingpages-youve-just-landed-paging-mai-seo/24/06/2017 #4 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorDear @Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA , what is the exact bounce rate vs the total quarterly total hits , do you have intel on your analytics, can you share it privately. For
From the first the 1st page look, a high disegagement rate is no surprise. That can be corrected with way less different infos giving to much to the brain to proceed and choose from. Message me in private if you wish to do a session together.
- Producer02/06/2017How to Increase User Engagement with Web Design ElementsGetting your visitors to come back again and again to your website to increase your website traffic and conversion rate is what every business owner wants. One of the best ways to accomplish this is by having interactive and visually appealing...
- Producer29/05/2017Has Your Website Been Optimized for Mobile Users?Did you know that this year there will be more mobile web surfers than stationary ones? That means more prospects are accessing your business website more through their smart phones, tablets or other mobile devices than with a laptop or PC. If you...
- 16/05/2017Outdated Website? 3 Common Website Mistakes That Scare Away VisitorsOutdated Website? 3 Common Website Mistakes That Scare Away Visitorswww.saleshub.ca An outdated website makes your business look out of touch. Click here to learn about three common mistakes found on outdated...
- 27/04/2017Top Security Tips for your Wordpress Websitewww.tripwire.com Whenever you talk about WordPress security, every gig hands you a list of security plugins. Emily Johns's point of view and approach are...
- Producer24/04/2017Learn Tips To Increase The Website SpeedHello readers, Today in my blog I will discuss some tips that would help the web designer to improve their website speed. As many of us have visited various Online Shopping website and many of them take much time to load which losses the users...
- Producer22/04/2017Something as Simple as Website Design Boosts Trust and User ExperienceThe design of your website is the first thing a prospective customer will take notice of when arriving at your corner of the internet. Do you want to give off a good impression, or do you want to leave a poor taste in their mouth?The truth is, not...
- Producer20/04/2017Web Page Designing Tips And Tricks To Make It Stand OutDesigning a web page can be tricky, at times. You need to employ your best resources to create a page that would be able to hold the interest of the viewers. Your intention must be to retain the visitors to the page and make them...
- 12/04/2017If you want to know about how to look a creative website design with well user experience then you must read shared story.
See here: https://goo.gl/RX6v3c:
- Producer12/04/2017How to Play and Win a Logo Design Contest?Graphic designing is all about shaping your imagination into a visual piece of art, but as the trend of logo design contests have evolved, it has become more of the ‘we hope for being paid’ kind of a thing which is today’s reality of numerous...
- Producer23/03/2017Web Design - A Commercial ArtWeb design is a fascinating industry to be involved in, first and foremost because of the relationship between the Industry and the Art. A quick browse through any online publication which takes design as its focus can land you on any number of...
- 22/03/2017Something is wrong with this picture - Pre & Post Conversion to Mobile
I have been working really hard since the Christmas break converting my website to mobile. It has been a TON of work and the conversion is almost complete. I just went into my Statcounter stats and I was absolutely horrified. My site is doing worse now than before the conversion.
Take a peek:
Any ideas as to why this is the case?
Comments25/07/2017 #32 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA@Sarah Fisher Weird. I had to re-name the file on the server and then upload it again and the change took.
http://www.executiveoasis.com View more@Sarah Fisher Weird. I had to re-name the file on the server and then upload it again and the change took.
I don't know if I like the H tags like that. They look very basic and not very polished. I will see if it has an impact on the bounce rate. Close25/07/2017 #31 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBAI saw this too:
I removed it days ago and it shows up fine on my desktop. I have uploaded the new CSS but the old one still is showing up.
I finally figured out how to remove the bold H2.
This is how the changes render on my desktop.
Not sure why the new CSS is not replacing the old one on the server.25/07/2017 #28 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA#27 I am struggling to get rid of the italics. It works on my desktop but i still showing up as italics even though I have made changes in the CSS and uploaded it. .
The H tags without the italics look very amateurish to me.
http://executiveoasis.com/images/banner/testheaders.jpg View more#27 I am struggling to get rid of the italics. It works on my desktop but i still showing up as italics even though I have made changes in the CSS and uploaded it. .
The H tags without the italics look very amateurish to me.
I see nothing in the CSS that renders the H2s as bold but that's how they show up. Not sure why. Close25/07/2017 #24 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA#23 I am not a web designer. I am completely self-taught and have learned a lot during the last 20 years but my knowledge is not indepth. I don't understand why the title below the photos would have been cut off. The top is bigger on the first page now.
I see the whole thing on my laptop on the pages that have the original design.
It's not a matter of accepting or rejecting suggestions. There is only so much that I can do without engaging a designer for thousands of dollars. I found a template that looked goo and is mobile friendly. The designer is supposed to have strong coding skills and in-depth design knowledge so I don't know why he would have designed something that didn't reflect best practices.23/07/2017 #22 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA#18 Well it took a bit but I finally put the company name and area of focus at the top:
http://www.executiveoasis.com/images/banner/topheadertest.jpg View more#18 Well it took a bit but I finally put the company name and area of focus at the top:
It's impossible to put the logo up there as there is white around it and I can't get rid of it. It was really stark and broke up the gray detail.
Frankly, I don't think it looks good and it's redundant given the wording under the photo header but if it will help people know right away what I do may it is a sacrifice. Since what I do is right under the photo header, I don't understand why it wasn't clear. Close23/07/2017 #21 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA#17 Font family is:
for all text.
The only difference is that the H tags are italics.
This is the original template http://preview.themeforest.net/item/lamoon-responsive-resort-and-hotel-template/full_screen_preview/2791966?_ga=2.57858988.721160228.1500780648-1453231375.1496922513 View more#17 Font family is:
for all text.
The only difference is that the H tags are italics.
This is the original template http://preview.themeforest.net/item/lamoon-responsive-resort-and-hotel-template/full_screen_preview/2791966?_ga=2.57858988.721160228.1500780648-1453231375.1496922513
The H tags without the italics look very amateurish to me.
http://executiveoasis.com/images/banner/testheaders.jpg Close23/07/2017 #19 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA#17 Good suggestions.
Just to clarify, I purchased a template and customized it.
1. That may not be easy to fix. This is a template and it would require quite a bit of coding to re=work the order.
2. It's easy to remove the social media icons but most sites I see have them at the top. The attractive colourful icons would not fit into the design anywhere else on the page as far as I can see. They would not work against the green in the footer for exampel
3. Changing the form style dropdown is well beyond my coding capabilities. I purchased the template as it was mobile friendly. I would not know where to begin to do a JQuery mobile menu. I haven't even got a clue what that is.
4. Are you talking about the H1, H2, and H3 headers? I have not a clue what other font would work better and it would take a while to figure out the CSS. That is doable though.
So 2 and 4 are easily doable.
1 & 3, are not possible with my limited knowledge of coding. It would cost a fortune to get a designer to do it and most won't customize templates created by other people.25/06/2017 #9 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA#7 I will run it through the test. I have no follow on some pages that need to stay there. Maybe about 4 pages. I am just guessing. It's definitely mobile friendly. It was based on this template which has been completely validated. http://preview.themeforest.net/item/lamoon-responsive-resort-and-hotel-template/full_screen_preview/2791966?_ga=2.175585313.209696405.1498333604-1453231375.1496922513
Web Design+ 300 buzzes
Discuss and find out about the latest web design tutorials, articles, news, interviews, web design showcases, software reviews, website templates and free design stuff.