- Producer30/12/2016Warriors togetherI just saw this story again on LinkedIn, and I replied the truth of it. It’s usually told as a story of Europeans fleeing to the Middle East at the height of WW2. However, that isn’t the case. It’s actually a ship that was made about 15 years after...
- 29/12/2016Some sobering statistics. The body has an innate mechanism to release stress from the body. It won't change your behavior, but will lay the foundation for you to do so. I teach people how to self-induce and self-regulate that mechanism.The United States of Burnoutjournal.thriveglobal.com Current work practices are unproductive, unhealthy and unsustainable. This needs to...
- 22/12/2016Want to Be Mentally Tough? Science Recommends 1 Surprising Daily Habitwww.inc.com Harvard research has revealed a counterintuitive way to develop mental toughness--see how to use it...
- 15/12/20165 things you have to give up to succeed
1. When you try to please everyone you usually end up pleasing no-one especially yourself
2. Change is pretty much the only constant in life so you have to learn to get comfortable with it or life is going to be mighty Uncomfortable
3. Your not going to get ahead looking behind so let it go and move on
4. You've survived everything life has thrown at you so far...you rock!
5. DOING IT Beats THINKING about it EVERY TIME
#success #loveurlife #selflove #lawofattraction #postivethinking
Helping you succeed in life and in business..
Wanna learn more about my coaching and mentor-ship?
Message me direct @ http://m.me/Amanda.Ashton.booth
- 07/12/2016As I ponder 2017, I am reminded of directing my efforts towards my values, and MY dreams. What are your values, and dreams? What can we do today to direct energy to them; reinforcing our values and making our dreams come true?
- 06/12/2016A great stress reliever (not to be confused with releaser), a great way to get in shape, and great way to learn self-defense. One of the best in fact. Highly recommended, for those who want to "grab" back with more a more neutralizing capability.
- 06/12/2016"Trust in the Universe, but hitch your horse first, because the Universe has no other hands than yours.”
My revision of an old Sufi saying.
- Producer05/12/2016BullyYou know them.They bring you down.They ruin your day.They make the good things bad and the bad things worse.They are awful.I know there is a general sentiment among the older generations that kids today are weak. They can get overwhelmed by...
Comments05/12/2016 #3 Deb 🐝 HelfrichI think it is important to start sharing the 'fix' @Joey Reghitto - "Loved people love other people."
"Confident people don’t need to put people down, or talk themselves up, or redirect negativity. They are confident enough in themselves to let the way they live do all the talking."
It all comes down to offering concern, care, love to everyone so that each person can value themselves, which will allow them to value all the wonderful, diverse people they come into contact with.05/12/2016 #2 Campbell PriceGood buzz that explains modern day bullying. I think the awareness is good but what can we do about the damage the bully causes until they wise up to themselves or are in jail from their anti social behaviour? I have a friend that went to a school where one kid physically bullied and bashed many kids at the school. My friend confronted the bully a few years afterwards working at a retail store ( 18 years old). The bully admitted he was wrong and was apologetic! My friend is a strong personality so there are no long term implications but what about the other bullied victims? It would be good if they could also see the reformed bully grovelling!05/12/2016 #1 Julie Hickman"Bullies are sad people.... because only hurt people hurt people." - Joey Reghitto
I commend you on this powerful message and your appeal to end incessant bullying. By breaking down what really motivates a bully, you help potential victims know who to avoid and how to cope.
- 03/12/2016Good Saturday morning to all! What's on deck today? I'm going to install a window in a windowless door. I see it's Championship Game day in the NCAA? Who's watching? Grab your coffee and let's get it on!
- Producer01/12/2016If You're Stressed at Work, Try A Few of These IdeasStress is a common problem in the modern workplace. It can be harmful to employees and, in turn, the entire business. High levels of stress can lead to poor decision-making, a decrease in accuracy, an increase in staff illness/absence and conflict...
- Producer29/11/2016How do we share happiness?Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Buddha... How do we share happiness? I think the first step is to define what happiness is...
- 29/11/2016I did it. It was a LONG 5 minutes of constant defensive and combat techniques non-stop, ended with 2 minutes of attack defenses after 6 months of classes. I am now a Warrior Krav Maga orange belt.
Comments29/11/2016 #1 Leckey HarrisonThis has been so worth it on so many levels. First of course, is learning the self defense. I HEARTILY recommend Warrior Krav for that. Secondly, there is the workout. Later, as this new program grows, my dream is to be adding classes for those who don't think they're in shape, and we will show you how it can be done, I have a video of African women who are all elders and plus size, striking the pads. Third, the personal development: besides the work out, it's the growing friendships, the confidence, the self-esteem, standing taller, having more courage, feeling better, and learning leadership.
- 28/11/2016Want to Raise Successful Kids? Science Says Praise Them Like This. (Most Parents Do the Opposite)www.inc.com Stop praising them for their innate or God-given abilities, and instead focus on their...
- Producer25/11/2016Share With MeOur ability to share with one another is amazing in the modern era . We can communicate instantaneously, anywhere and any time. Yet we are more isolated than ever. We don't share in person, face to face, with eye contact, body language and an...
Comments26/11/2016 #1 Lisa 🐝 GallagherLove the quote above @Michael D. Davis. This is an important message! Social media and use of our PC's is part of life now but we do need to remember that real life is waiting. It's important to take a step back and focus on what is right there in front of us, those who need us and yes, even pamper ourselves. If we don't do these necessary things, we burn out and are of no good to anyone!
- 24/11/2016Flint, Michigan still doesn't have a clean water system. Standing Rock is still being invaded. We have a President, VP, and minority culture who are all about white male privilege and the oppression it creates.
Today, Thanksgiving Day, I am grateful for the founders who knew far better, and for those who have long fought to achieve the American ideal of "We, the People." I am grateful for those with whom I am shoulder to shoulder to make that happen: be it in healing trauma, calling circles, across both ponds, our 5th Street Commons community, more particularly home D201, and political activism.
- Producer21/11/2016Life Hacks That Promote HappinessThe FasterEFT life hacks to build happiness within your mind and lives, are a combination of some of the most advantageous processes in ancient and modern times. That is why, Robert G. Smith’s work is backed with so many scientifically proven...
- 19/11/2016Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. — William Arthur Ward
I wonder how much our days would change as the result of being grateful?
- Producer12/11/2016Life and Simple Agreements with YourselfWe are what our thoughts have made us; so take care of what you think and say. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far. 1. Don't make assumptions A. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you want. B....
- 08/11/2016There is even a more powerful mechanism to generate relaxation already in the body of every mammal. Combining that with meditation? FAR better than a vacation in terms of long term nervous system health. Would I turn down time away? No. But I'm an adventurer, historian, and learner at heart.Regular meditation more beneficial than vacation - Harvard Health Blogwww.health.harvard.edu A study found that the benefits of meditation and yoga are as significant as the relaxation benefit of taking a vacation, and are more...
- 08/11/201650 Ways to Relax Without Spending a Dimelifehacker.com If you’re on a budget and you’re looking for some great ways to relax and unwind beyond just going for a walk or taking a nap, this graphic has about fifty of them, all of which may take a little time, but never any money. Best of all, it’s...
- 07/11/2016How about a backyard garden office? The owners wanted a backyard office and the shed was renovated into an art studio. - Scott Lewis Landscape Architecture, San Francisico, USA - to read more go to :- http://inhabitat.com/this-lush-green-cube-is-a-dream-artists-studio-hidden-in-a-san-francisco-garden/
Comments07/11/2016 #4 Ken BoddieI just can't stop the geotechnical engineer in me getting in the way of my aesthetic appreciation, Claire. Ivy on walls can be so destructive due to root jacking in existing cracks in the bricks and mortar, and can also damage the fabric of timber, not to mention housing unwanted pesky inspects. As for garden beds close to foundations, the intensive watering required and/or the root suction can cause structural damage, particularly when the house is built on reactive clays prone to seasonal shrink-swell movement. Looks great but looks can deceive. 😟
- Producer05/11/2016Thoughts under a May Full MoonA celebration of life!You are all that you are, a child with a history not of your making. And so you enter the next moment of your life, warts and all – A moment that has never been lived before. For in that moment lies pure potential...
- Producer26/10/20168 ways to improve your well-being at WorkMandy Oaklander is one of my favorite columnists of Time Magazine. Earlier she wrote about resilience and now her latest article on new ways to improve well-being at work is timely and some of the strategies are counter-intuitive.As per this article...
Comments26/10/2016 #1 Robert CormackI was amazed to how counter-productive "open concept" offices really are. After years of working in individual offices, meaning having some privacy to think along with the ability to visit other offices, the "open concept" seemed like a barrage of talking and general noise. I don't know who posited the idea that "open concept" meant greater integration. Maybe it works in the IT industry (I think it started in the San Fernando Valley), but it's anathema to working and thinking, as far as I'm concerned. You need to concentrate to do good work, and I saw nothing even approaching "thinking" in "open concept" environments. It doesn't encourage consensus, more it just creates chatter.
well being+ 100 buzzes
Well being is what everyone strives for....no matter where you're from, what language you speak, man or woman, young or old. Well being can be something to someone and something entirely different to somebody else. Well being allows you to look beyond the petty and inconsequential in order to finally find gratitude for all things that surround you. Everyday is a new opportunity to create your own state of well being.