- 06/12/2016I'm a fermenting fool!!! Lots of booch in first and second fermentation, in black tea hibiscus, oolong, and green tea varieties (check out those scobys - time to shed them!). Ive got some fantastic orange/carrot/ginger in 2f.
Also some water kefir, coconut milk kefir, and kombucha mustard!! I'm excited about that last one.
#ferments #kombucha #brewthebooch #waterkefir coconutkefir #mustard #probiotics #guthealth #eattoheal #koscelnikskitchen
- 03/12/2016I've been experimenting with making coconut milk kefir, and think I've found a good recipe - one I actually enjoy and not just tolerate because it's good for me!
Breakfast is a bowl of strawberries and granny smith apple, with coconut flakes and a variety of seeds (hemp, flax, and pumpkin), with my new kefir poured over top. It's a bowl filled with probiotics, fiber, healthy fats, and phytonutrients - the perfect way to start the day!
#ferments #kefir #coconutkefir #fermentationnation #probiotics #hemp #flax #superseedz #paleo #dairyfree #healing #autoimmune #reintroseeds #healingfoods #healthyeating #koscelnikskitchen
- Producer25/11/2016The Best GiftWhat do you wish for when you give a gift to your child? Do you want them to explode with delight when they open the paper? Do you want to see them at their happiest moment? Do you want to be able to fulfill your child's intense longing for...
Comments25/11/2016 #1 Mohammed A. JawadYea...the more you're closer to your child, you not only give attention but you feel you can understand what your child is trying to communicate. ..either through broken words or looks. Isn't that good? You just give your child few moments and you'll feel the difference. After all, with love, care and timely attention, children grow well.
- Producer17/11/2016Immune Boosters for KidsDo you really need to "ask your doctor" if this or that patent medicine is right for you? The idea of taking a pill for everything is a relatively new one. To some extent, it is a creation of a marketing machine that sells us all kinds of things day...
- Producer11/11/2016A Child's Herbal Tea TimeKids can and should enjoy herbal teas often. They are a great way to increase fluid intake for those who don’t like to drink plain water and of course you can control the sweetness unlike commercial fruit juice or pop. Herbal teas have important...
- Producer18/10/2016Looking for Bliss Without Eyes.Sitting on the tube this week, I became curious about the nature of the way I was 'seeing' the world. My eye was drawn to specific colours, movements and people. I became aware that the mind was following the eye. I was looking for something to...
- 28/09/2016Tips for Self-Investment - Fit, Fab & 50 Challenge - Write of the Middlewww.writeofthemiddle.com Tips for Self-Investment - as part of Healthy Bones Action Week's - Fit, Fab & 50...
- Producer15/09/2016How Yoga Can Help You Last Longer In BedEjaculation problems are quite common among men. There are different kinds of ejaculation problems, but the most common is known as premature ejaculation. This term refers to a condition where a man reaches orgasm too soon to provide sexual...
- Producer16/09/20167 Ways CrossFit Improves a Workforce and Maximizes Profit 1.CrossFit develops healthier, more productive employees CrossFit isn’t just about fitness. When applied in the corporate world, it’s a way to cultivate a highly motivated, healthy and capable workforce. Healthy people are invariably more...
Comments16/09/2016 #2 Gert ScholtzCrossfit is a great sport - it builds strength, flexibility and endurance and serves well as a foundation for other sports. I see many rugby players, athletes, weightlifters and the like improve their performance by doing Crossfit as well. The best part of it is that anyone, regardless of fitness level and ability can take part - each to their own. The sport is good for team building but also for "self-building". Good Buzz Nelson!
- Producer15/09/2016Why Do Kids Need To Drink Water?If you are like me and most other parents, you have a bottle or carton of juice in the fridge pretty much all the time. Perhaps you also save a few precious minutes in the morning and at dishwashing time by buying those handy little juice boxes to...
Comments15/09/2016 #2 Dale Masters#1 Amazing, isn't it? Sugar (the refined kind, like high fructose corn syrup of white sugar) is an addictive substance, yet it is not classified as such. I think parents should do what my grandmother did: she provided me with all the water, vegetables, and fruit that I wanted. Back then, we had tomato plants. I could not wait for them to ripen!15/09/2016 #1 Aurorasa SimaYou have a very good point, Tracy. I´m not happy that marketing companies are allowed to make it sound like their sugary cocoa, juices with added flavor and such are the optimal nutrition for kids. Thank you for sharing and including the links with so much further info!
- Producer20/07/2016PTSD – IN ABSENTIAIn Silence it ComesI still don’t understand PTSD fully. What I do understand is the feeling which sometimes creeps up. It makes the world seem different for a while. It can be like seeing reality in a different way. During awareness it can be...
- 04/07/2016Hugh Laurie and Jamie Cullum - Hallelujah I Love Her So (BBC Children in Need Rocks Manchester) http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey Hugh Laurie and Jamie Cullum - Hallelujah I Love Her So (BBC Children in Need Rocks Manchester 2011) Hugh Laurie teams up with...
- Producer01/07/2016Pleasure or Pain - A simple choiceYou’ll hear therapists talking about your conscious mind and your subconscious mind.Your conscious mind is your objective or thinking mind. Its job is to identify, compare and analyse everything going on in the present moment.The basic function...
Comments01/07/2016 #6 Richard Scott#3 Jennifer - I couldn't agree more. I think with better knowledge and information out there people can research into what's going wrong and why and see for themselves that a well balanced nutrition, some exercise and a healthy mindset is all you need (medical conditions aside) to become healthier and often slimmer too. :o)01/07/2016 #5 Richard Scott#2 Well done Catalina, if you're generally on a healthier eating plan (I HATE the word diet - it implies starvation) you will be getting more nutrients into your body, and because your body is more satiated it won't need to reach for energy-rich, fatty foods. Have a read of my 'Fight or Flight or Fat' post. All is explained in there. Thank you for your comment :o) ps keep up the great work01/07/2016 #4 Richard Scott#1 Hi Randy, I think any shift in thoughts, feelings and behaviour often seem like a monumental shift to those who are steadfast in a subconscious routine. It's a journey, a challenge, a work in progress that sometimes takes longer than others. This being said, you ARE allowed cheat meals and treats. If you simply cut out all pleasurable foods your body will chemically craves them more, your willpower will slip and you'll be dragged back down into starvation mode, giving in and eating the treat, then guilt, then failure, then giving up and comfort-eating. So, I say gradually does it, try an 80/20 healthy eating approach - or even better, just introduce healthier options into your daily nutrition. :o)01/07/2016 #3 Jennifer MartinI can understand what Cat is saying so answering your question I believe that we can link pleasure to being slimmer and feeling healthier, there are so much choices now because the way we diet is nothing like we did 10 years ago. Also, feeling healthier can in no way be substituted with the short moment you feel pleasure while eating chocolate...
- Producer26/06/2016Wisdom of Equanimity My first intentional practice of Tai Chi began years ago on a rainy day in the month of June. The sweet cadence of the rain in all it's rhythmic glory, the cleansing nature of the rain was just as wonderfully comforting as much as the experience...
Comments28/06/2016 #9 Savvy Raj#7 @CityVP Manjit
A few lines from my post "Emergence' here ... which seem apt to share here as well after reading your reply here .
There is a dignity in an emergence
With understanding that arises
In patience tolerance and perseverance
Beyond an attitude of indifference.
Emerge in spirit and soul
With all of your being
In every conversation
Or crisis confrontation
Emerge knowing truth is eternal
In spirit, knowing it is for you to kindle
In empathy knowing you are because they are
In compassion sensing the suffering and pain
Emergence is not an on off act
It is after all never ending journey.... Savvy28/06/2016 #8 Louise SmithHi @Savvy Raj, in 2014, I did 3 months of Tai Chi as my balance was out. It really helped. I was going to continue but didn't. Now I am going back in July again to improve my health. I loved the descriptive names of the movements and the fluidity. I loved the fact that I wasn't thinking of my everyday plans and problems. It was good for my mind and my body ! Thank you for your eloquently expressed description of Tai Chi, regardz Louise26/06/2016 #7 CityVP Manjit#5 In health care there is the emergency department and when we think of an emergency we think of crisis. The word emergency comes from emergence and I value emergence, and when we over the fullness of time understand equanimity what emerges is different to what emerges when our life is the mirror of the tension we associate with the word emergency. The question then is how are we going to emerge?26/06/2016 #5 Savvy Raj#2 @CityVP Manjit Thank you for your wholesome thoughts so warmly conveyed.as well as your link share . Appreciate your insights here and totally think likewise as well . Yet beyond the expression and the name, while the wisdom to sense the balance and equanimity is accquired gradually through practise and perseverance , , health care has a tremendous challenge at hand to bring balance amidst the chaos Here the art of movement amongst others is a transformative tool to bridge the gaps towards blending with nature and understanding the mind body interconnects...26/06/2016 #4 Savvy Raj#1 Gerald Mravik .Thank you for your interest in my reflections here . Yes if you are specifically asking about Tai chi form, starting of with classes are a good way to learn tai chi. You'll have the knowledge of the teacher, the structure of form and the support in the fellow learners. Yet to holistically answer you question....The essence of equanimity is in acknowledging and understanding the ebb and flow of life, so while a structural approach to learning it as a skill is a wonderful way to begin the journey , the learning is a journey of a life time...as it is in the application to life and living that the evolving happens gradually in thoughts words and deeds. .26/06/2016 #3 Mamen DelgadoBeautifully written @Savvy Raj! I was practicing Tai Chi for a year, long time ago, and I assure you your words have moved me to the feelings I used to have while practicing. Specially the idea of the thoughts and sensations vying for your attention and the feeling of returning to my deepest inside, and stay still in there.26/06/2016 #2 CityVP ManjitI have always in one way or another arrived at the word equanimity but have not found a place for that word until today. It features within my writings https://www.bebee.com/producer/@cityvp/the-fourth-generation but it deserves greater acuity on my part. This piece on Wisdom of Equanimity is exquisitely well written. The soul of Savvy Raj flows through the words used here because the subject is equanimity and this is written with equanimity. It is not a selling of Tai Chi nor is this a push of new age idealism - it is a well centered expression of a practitioner and ultimately a beautiful packaged gift, that when I open reveals equanimity. My only quibble is that healing arts tells us that this world is a damaged place, but health arts is that health is primary. We have a medical profession that calls itself healthcare when it is disease care and we have practitioners of health that calls itself healing art when one of the most healthy things we can do is to get back in touch with our nature, which is nature.
- Producer15/06/2016EMOTIONAL PAIN HURTS MORE THAN PHYSICAL PAINDid you know that emotional pain hurts more than physical pain? That’s right. Pain caused by emotional distress such as rejection, loneliness, guilt, failure etc., is more deeply felt and cause longer-lasting damage to your health and quality of...
Comments27/06/2016 #33 Vivian ChapmanGood buzz but I'm just not sure it's true. Doesn't physical pain cause emotional pain, if it's bad enough or prolonged enough? If we are whole integrated beings, is it right to distinguish between physical and emotional pain? Physical pain can cause people to commit suicide. One might argue that physical pain has an explanation, therefore others will understand. But will they? Both kinds of pain can cause loneliness, isolation, and desperation. Both body and soul do have remarkable healing mechanisms.18/06/2016 #29 Louise SmithYes @Emilia M. Ludovino. People can improve their emotional life by becoming aware of something that hurts and starting to do something to heal it sooner. Mindfulness, meditation and self reflection through journaling are good for developing this awareness. We have busy lives and need to set aside some time every day to process what has happened.17/06/2016 #23 Franci Eugenia HoffmanEmotional pain is difficult to deal with because it is not always evident to others. Plus, some people harbor their feelings, which your article states numerous health problems. You fix a broken arm by putting it a sling but you can't do the same with your emotions. Insightful buzz, @Emilia M. Ludovino.17/06/2016 #21 Emilia M. Ludovino@Jim Cody @Deb Helfrich @Henri Galvão @Cyndi wilkins - Thank you all for your amazing support in reading the buzz, sharing it all over the internet (special LinkedIn) and for your beautiful comments that resonate so much with my outlook on life and work. Big Big thank you all. It's a privilege to have such beautiful people like you in my connections. Blessings to y'all.17/06/2016 #18 Brian McKenzieLock it down, comparmentalize it, mitigate future losses by always expecting the lie & betrayal - get rewarded often for your new diligence. "Love" is just another happy bullshit lie they use to sell you shit and goad you into a mind numb dumb herded compliant sheep. PS Valentines Day Chocolates are always at least half off on February 15th.17/06/2016 #17 Deb Helfrich#16 @Henri Galvão - the thing is that we sometimes don't see ourselves clearly enough to tap on the really difficult stuff and other times we think we merely have a physical pain but it is entirely an emotional wound, so we don't tap while expressing the actual underlying issues. I know when I get stuck having a session with another person who doesn't have my blindspots can truly help.17/06/2016 #15 Deb HelfrichThis is a really great article, @Emilia M. Ludovino for those people who still focus solely on their physical health. The mental aspects really do underpin so much of the foundation of our health.
I do have one point to make, though, which is that being introverted is not caused by negative emotions. In fact, most introverts, who recharge by enjoying alone time to think and process life are overall more likely to be in touch with their emotions and be able to deal with them more appropriately because they are not always focused on outward validation from others.
- Producer01/06/2016Is This The Key To Success?There is a famous quote from alcoholics anonymous “You can’t think your way into right action, but you can act your way into right thinking.”I have a few friends who spend a lot of time trying to find the right mind tricks to help them become more...
- Producer18/05/2016YouthYou will have me.You will win.I welcome you to take me.I have won.This mantra incessantly repeats itself in my mind. With each breath one of four sentences, in specific order, drives forth. No more words through my mouth. No more pain. Simply a mind...
- Producer17/05/2016Dead men walkingDead men walking, limping, shufflingFighting the good fightOr is it?Dead men walking, running, Heading towardThe impossible, plausible, dreamDead men walking, evadingThe scourge of modern-day slaveryAs they fight and strive to provideFor tomorrow's...
Comments18/05/2016 #6 Zack ThornThe Earth I once strode proudly
I now shuffle softly
A monument I once hoped build
Now stands alone unnoticed
The mind I once touted loudly
Remains intact despite my efforts
Where I once spoke for many
Now those words only echo alone
Albuquerque New Mexico
Another Walking Wounded