- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you want to sell a true discovery-focused platform?
Are you passionate about the travel industry? Are you motivated by the thrill of creating new business relationships, and love working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Getaways team at Groupon focuses on one of the most dynamic industries there is - travel. But we're not your typical travel platform. We work to create packages that delight both hoteliers and Groupon subscribers alike. We focus on relationships big and small, working with large hotel chains to boutique Bed & Breakfasts, crafting every deal by listening to the needs of the business. Our obsession is putting together offerings that will delight our customers and help them make life less boring.
As a Account Manager, you'll be given autonomy to establish connections and educate these businesses on the power our platform has to market their properties. You'll play a key role in driving new business and maintaining existing business relationships - giving you and Getaways the opportunity to open new markets and penetrate deeper into existing markets and accounts. As a team, our emphasis will always be on the formation of long-term partnerships we can feature time and time again - regardless of seasonality.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Prospect, consult with, and close relationships with lodging partners of all types, creating compelling deals on travel experiences for Groupon subscribers
- Take your existing network and related experience in sales into alliances with hotel partners
- Achieve activity and revenue targets
- Develop familiarity with each partner’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, economic model, and revenue and profit drivers as it relates to driving occupancy
- Utilise knowledge of deal structure and strategy to find the best solution for potential hotel partners, using high financial acumen, strong sales process, and creative solutions
- Partner with the Market Management team to ensure a constant optimisation process and align on partner strategy
- Partner with Planning and Revenue Management analysts to ensure optimal deal structures are achieved
- Proven success in a sales environment - Travel/ Hotel specific would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience generating leads, cold-calling, and selling over the phone to various types of businesses, local merchants a plus
- Take a consultative approach and have experience leading negotiations with Director+ level contacts
- Demonstrate high degrees of diligence and accountability, with evidence of personal results
- You're adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You're not afraid to fail, and you're always looking for ways to improve
- You feel comfortable and empowered in a collaborative yet high-reaching environment
- You're an active learner, excited to develop consultative sales skills
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally