- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
The Trust and Safety (T&S) organization has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring their online safety and fighting web abuse across products. You will be solving complex problems across large data sets, bringing your analytical skills together with the power of Google’s technology to find non-compliant/invalid activity occurring on Google’s ad products. You will also work with Product and Engineering teams to make sure that new products and features provide a good, safe experience for users and advertisers. On this team, you're responsible for completing challenging fraud investigations, conducting complex data analyses, and independently identifying opportunities to defend Google Ad products at scale.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with data analysis. Experience in database querying (SQL).
- Experience managing cross-functional projects.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc).
- Experience in internet, web-research, fraud investigation, risk management, advertising and/or e-commerce.
- Knowledge of SQL and database structures.
- Ability to work independently and complete projects on time.
- Developed written and verbal communication skills, strong project management skills and an interest in technology.
- Demonstrated self management skills.
- Analyze traffic trends and identify new filters and flags to spot abuse.
- Work directly with other members of your team to prevent complex abuse issues.
- Identify and develop solutions for scalable enforcement on non-compliant inventory, with a focus on inventory on Display & Video 360.
- Conduct complex data analyses and identifying opportunities/sources for new signals, automation, and workflow improvements, then driving the utilization of these new signals to completion.
- Identify automation and efficiency opportunities proactively. Drive solutions through analysis and/or cross-functional partnership.
- ms project
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate