- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Loch Garman
Agri Market Facing Underwriter - Maternity Cover - 190003X2
Agri Market Facing Underwriter - Maternity Cover
Zurich Insurance Plc is looking for an Agri Market Facing Underwriting to be responsible for the account management of Agri business through broker business partners.
Develop and maintain relationships with Broker partners in support of business retention and acquisition
Strong contribution to the attainment of financial and operational targets. The Agri underwriter will be working closely with Broker partners and other internal operations, such as product, claims, finance to ensure all areas of the Agri business are managed according to the Zurich Way of Underwriting and within delegated authority levels
As an Agri Market Facing Underwriting your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• Under direct supervision; underwrite and analyses new and renewal business.
• Specific job tasks for area of responsibility include:
• Measuring exposure & analysing risk primarily for business referred by our on line quotation tool
• Quoting & setting coverage for cases not automatically rated on online tool
• Implementing agreed technical standards, controls, practices and procedures, thereby maintaining underwriting discipline
• Adhere to Central Bank compliance standards of operating
• Demonstrate high level of quality assurance in all elements of the underwriting process
• Ensure any issues arising are dealt with in accordance with Zurich standards and that where appropriate issues escalated in a timely fashion
• Underwriting Records in accordance with regulatory /statutory and internal requirements.
• Proactively supports development of self and others
Your Skills and Experience
As an Agri Market Facing Underwriting your skills and qualifications will include:
• Solid understanding of Underwriting practices, rules and performance metrics
• A high level of experience in contributing to and working effectively as part of a successful team
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills supporting an ability to develop and maintain valuable and productive relationships with key customers
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Strong Problem-solving, decision-making and judgment skills
• Supports organisational change and improvement
• Ability to drive and manage own work
• All employees are expected to work in accordance with the values laid out in Zurich Basics
• A strong team player with a flexible, positive attitude towards work
• Excellent planning and organisational skills that support a high service standard
• Excellent attention to detail, including a strong ability to multitask
• Ability to prioritise workload and to adapt quickly within a busy environment to ensure we respond effectively to customer needs and expectations
Primary work location is Wexford. Position is Wexford based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand, Zurich in Ireland is part of Zurich Insurance Group, a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer a competitive compensation package and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Primary Location: Ireland-Leinster-Wexford
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: 05/15/19
Unposting Date: Ongoing