- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About THE COMPANY
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
After nearly 50 years, Calvin Klein continues to be a cultural catalyst across the globe by embracing tension, sparking ideas and creating unforeseen realities. We believe in a culture that provokes discovery and brave thinking. We strive to make a positive impact on the world. We inspire passion in our people. We embody authenticity and embrace individuality.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein brand products exceeded $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. We were acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
About THE ROLE
Our stores are the life and soul of our business. They act as our main touch points with our ever evolving consumer base. As the world of retail evolves, we, as a business, believe that for all other parts of the chain to work, our stores must set the tone of what our two brands are all about. Irrespective of where our consumers eventually make a purchase, our stores, are always a window to our great brands. As a result our locations are paramount, the first class experience must be a given and our in-store standards should never be questionable.
To deliver this, we strive to hire the individuals who live and breathe the values of our business; who are obsessed with delivering great service to our customers and who truly believe that to remain relevant in today’s world, we must be nimble and adapt to change and evolution.
The Assistant Manager plays a key role in achieving these standards, they lead by example, embrace our entrepreneurial spirit and inspire their teams through their passion and belief in our brands.
- Leading the store teams to generate sales, profit, minimise losses, and create the best possible customer experience whilst ensuring the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
- Identify opportunities to grow the business and improve performance through collaborating with others.
- Maintain corporate visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room.
- Work alongside the visual merchandising team to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding between VM and store teams.
- Partner with store management team to build on business opportunities and achieve company standards and objectives
- Focus staff on the importance of quality of relationships with internal and external customers. Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with unparalleled spirited service.
- Complete daily/weekly store walkthroughs; evaluate product performance, pricing, staff service levels and inventory levels.
- Communicate to the Store Manager what is driving sales and discuss any issues/priorities, in order to develop strategies to maximise business. Ensure they are weekly visual presentation action plans.
- Analyse store level reports and create action plans to improve results.
- Assist with the manpower planning, identification, recruitment, interviewing and hiring processes; Recruit store personnel with a broad range of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
- Work with the Store Manager to build bench strength for key positions, including possible successors.
- Participate in weekly management meetings alongside other staff meetings.
- Clearly communicate to staff: store and individual sales goals and other key performance expectations; sales results and provide guidance on what is needed to improve performance.
- Providing a great customer journey and achieving exemplary mystery shop results.
- You'll have a minimum of 4 years of progressive retail experience.
- You'll have a minimum 2 years store management experience in the service or retail industry.
- You'll be an effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with ease.
- You'll be a team player who recognises and celebrates the contributions and achievements of others.
- You'll be confident in giving feedback that promotes positive behavioral change.
- You'll have strong people management skills with the ability to resolve conflict and unproductive disagreements.
- You will work well with change, being able to quickly adapt and work with pace.
- You will be energetic and authentic showing a clear presence on the shop floor.
About the company
Calvin Klein, Inc. is one of the leading fashion design and marketing studios in the world. It designs and markets women’s and men’s designer collection apparel and a range of other products that are manufactured and marketed through an extensive network of licensing agreements and other arrangements worldwide.