- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are working alongside a leading Medical Devices Manufacturer in recruiting a Balloon Development Engineer based in Galway
- Be responsible for the development of new and existing balloon products from initial concept through to completion as part of a project team.
- Develop a robust production process for the manufacture of new balloons, and optimising processes to maximise balloon performance.
- Document product specifications, manufacturing processes and process parameter settings.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Investigates a moderate number of technical variables in completing assignments that have clear and defined objectives.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Works independently on standard projects while assistance is furnished on unusual problems.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- May supervise the work of engineers/technicians or others who assist in specific assignments and work jointly with other engineers.
- Performs work of some higher technical level for continuing training purposes.
- Works on special projects, writes ECN’s, and creates prototypes under broad direction.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required. Qualifications/Experience:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and three years previous related experience
- Experience working with balloon forming technology and balloon testing a distinct advantage.
- Strong mechanical background an advantage with a good working knowledge of polymer materials and technologies and advantage.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member. If you would like to learn more about this position then please forward your CV to or you can call me on 093 30023
About the company