- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Claims Advisor - Galway
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep our customers protected.
Are you hardworking and motivated, Inquisitive, ambitious and passionate about progressing as a claims advisor? If you are then we'd like to hear from you.
We have vacancies for claims advisors based in our Galway Claims Motor Centre of Excellence. We have a number of Fixed Term Opportunities available.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to assist and support our customers when they need us most by investigating their claim and agreeing a fair settlement with them within policy liability. This role will suit you if you can self manage and confidently make decisions on your own initiative.
We like people with a ‘can-do’ attitude and we want people who are inquisitive, hungry and eager to grow with us.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to treat our customers fairly and manage their experience when they tell us about a motor claim. This is from notification through to settlement. Our aim is to settle claims fairly, first time and in a timely manner.
In this role you will
- Be responsible for trauma management and agreeing solutions with customers
- Handle our customer journey, identifying failure points and bringing these to the attention of your manager and peers to work towards resolution
- Understand customer feedback and what's meaningful to our customers
- Build positive relationships with both colleagues and external partners, in a professional and empathic manner
- Have confidence to seek mentorship and make decisions which are right first time
- Share insights and feedback with colleagues and partners
You will have the ability to recognise what is important to our customers and learn to understand the “end to end” motor claims.
We would also like you to have
- High learning agility in a complex and changing environment
- Problem solving abilities
- A strong ability to balance your own work load
- Positive relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Developed communication skills
- Phenomenal negotiation skills
- Dedication to the customer
- Willingness to progress with relevant industry exams to meet Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Connor McCormack in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7638 or Connor.McCormack@Aviva.com
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.