- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Healthcare Global Supply Chain
They will need to be comfortable in providing technical direction & support to our customers / partners (Operations / Engineering / Quality Operations/ Logistics & Warehousing) across the full spectrum of Safety, Health & Environmental programmes.
Experienced in assessing workplaces and implementing effective programmes in EHS risk mitigation for operational aspects of Contrast Media Production is a pre-requisite. It is essential that the individual has the ability to lead, direct & support others while working as part of a team. You will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be willing to undertake further EHS training & development or other as required.
- Implement and oversee the EHS requirements of all on-site maintenance and investment projects, including the assessment and oversight for all Risk Assessments & Method Statements to ensure the implementation of safe working practices, which are compliant with applicable regulations and GE standards.
- Lead the development, planning and implementation of EHS programs/policies and evolve the program to keep up with the changing needs of the site.
- Evaluate the sites’ EHS conditions by conducting EHS inspections, audits of EHS programs & procedures to develop appropriate corrective-action plans.
- Lead incident investigations and identify actions and learning points to be shared with the site & across the business.
- Act as SME for all changes in the site manufacturing process and packaging departments. Where required, lead/facilitate HAZOP, FMEA & BOWTIE teams and workouts.
- Possess, develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Manage KPIs through the tracking and establishment of all EHS metrics.
- Lead the program of activities to enhance employee engagement in improving working conditions and safety.
- Provide competent advice to site engineering personnel in relation to Machine Guarding, Safety Control Systems & Robotics.
- Prepare regular reports and communications to site leadership team and all employees to maintain the profile of EHS across the site.
- Participate in Emergency Response Arrangements
- Assess the implications of plant, process and system changes as part of the management of change process (MOC).
- Deputize for the site EHS Lead as required.
- Oversee the Chemical management program as it applies to operational activities, with particular emphasis on REACH compliance.
- Manage the sites Hazardous Waste Program.
- Deliver site Contractor and New hire Induction Programs
- Maintain record keeping in compliance with Irish, EU and OSHA requirements, and maintain their knowledge in relation to changing regulations.
- Provide EHS support to the Capex process.
- Assist in ensuring that safety systems of work are employed in the plant including the permit to work system
The successful candidate will need a 3rd level qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Management or equivalent. Have significant experience in a regulated environment e.g. Pharma, Medical Device, Chemical sector or equivalent.
- Primary Degree in Science or Engineering e.g. Chemical / Mechanical Engineering / Environmental and / or Health and Safety or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Formal Qualification in an EHS discipline coupled with knowledge and experience of Process Safety is desirable.
- Member of the Institute Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH), preferably to Chartered Status
- Background in / knowledge of ISO 45001 & 50001 implementation
- Team player with strong program and project management skills.
- In-depth knowledge/experience of Effluent Treatment Systems.
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple programs / projects.
- Green Belt Certified
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- Working Knowledge of Ergonomics in an industrial Environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and established PC skills.
- Aptitude for planning and implementing employee programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate key information to all levels in the organization.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Environmental Health & Safety
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.