- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Responsible for continuous technical, operational support and repair of Polypropylene Injection Molding Process equipment in an Intraocular lens manufacturing environment.
1. Execute all aspects of injection molding machine preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and repair activities.
2. Working with Witmann Battenfeld and Husky Hot Runner equipment and control systems.
3. Effective management of all Injection Mold tooling in conjunction with onsite Mold tooling department.
4. Assist Engineering in driving molding process improvements, reduce scrap and ensure excellence is achieved.
5. Daily reporting into Engineering Manager & Process Engineering on all activities, highlighting concerns early.
6. Update OEE and downtime tracking system.
7. Comply with all Alcon Safety and Environmental Procedures
8. Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to SOPs
Impact on the Organisation:
Providing daily support to Production and Engineering operations.
Specific Position Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Technical competence and operation of Injection molding equipment, Silo, hoppers, hydraulics, pneumatics, heater/chiller.
Knowledge of ISO, FDA, GMP standards.
Ability to utilize problem solving techniques.
Good PC skills – Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
Minimum:. Certificate or Diploma in an Engineering discipline (electronic/manufacturing/mechanical).
Preferred: Diploma or Degree in an Engineering discipline (electronic/manufacturing/mechanical)
Minimum: 3+ years in an Injection Molding environment. Flexibility to work rotating shifts as required is necessary.
Preferred:. 5+ years in an Injection Molding environment
Alternative combination: Technical qualification plus ten years relevant experience
Business Unit MFG/TECH OPERATIONS AL
Site Cork City
Company/Legal Entity Alcon Laboratories Ireland Ltd
Functional Area Technical Operations
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.