- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ready to build products in a truly product-driven company? Are you passionate about using technology to change the world?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
At Groupon, our Product Managers work with designers, developers and senior management to invent new features and experiences. This role is both technical and business facing and you should be analytical, creative and comfortable driving strategy, leading meetings, and mentoring a team. If you’re passionate about consumer products, algorithms, and analytics, this is the place to be! Groupon’s culture is a hybrid between the feel and impact opportunity of a startup, with the assets of a public company.
As Senior Technical Product Manager of Merchandising Intelligence, you will grow our portfolio of products that enable our business and marketing teams to build rich merchandised campaigns through all marketing channels and on-site (website and app). Your remit will include a wide range of products, from customer lifecycle event-based merchandising campaign creation/delivery to sophisticated king of the hill products that use reinforced learning and personalization ensuring customers discover the best collections and deals for them. You will work with other product managers in Merchandising Experience, Marketing, Search and Recommendations to ensure that our products share the best combination of human creativity and curation with data-driven rules and machine learning for the benefit of our customers.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:- Own Merchandising Intelligence product strategy for Groupon Worldwide.
- Create and evangelize a compelling vision, collaborate across multiple teams to understand the landscape, creating and prioritizing the product roadmap. defining features with attention to detail.
- Grow the business by defining new product initiatives by partnering with Merchandising analytics to build business cases and creating a game plan to bring them to life.
- Define key performance indicators for Push Marketing and lead Merchandising analytics team to build instrumentation, reports, dashboards used to measure the performance in terms of both inputs and outputs of your products.
We’re excited about you if you have:- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years industry experience; including at least 3 years proven track record of end to end customer facing Product Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience reporting business to senior management
- Strong SQL, quantitative analysis skills with ability to tell a story with data
- You have strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- You can call the shots and enjoy leading changes
- A plus if you have MBA, or MS or PhD program in Computer Science
- A big plus if you have prior Mobile Product experience
- A big plus if you prior eCommerce Customer experience background
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally