- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Finance Operations team manages Google's cash transactions on a global basis and ensures that Google's incoming and outgoing cash processes are controlled, effective and efficient. As a member of this team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions. You thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable, you work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and you proactively minimize operational risk. Externally, you collaborate with our outsourcing partners and internally, you collaborate across the five areas of the Financial Operations team: Global Revenue Operations, Procure to Pay, Electronic Payment Services, Business Process Outsourcing, and Payroll.
The Customer and Partner Operations (CPO) team manages Google's Order-to-Cash (O2C) processes globally across all product areas, including Ads, Digital Goods, Cloud and Hardware. Our team powers Google's growth agenda by creating innovative ways to manage our complex set of billing and payment transactions, making processes more efficient and scalable, minimizing operational risk, integrating Google acquisitions and new products, connecting with new payment and invoicing partners and so much more!
In Finance Operations, we embrace unique opportunities in scaling our varied and growing businesses while enabling our fantastic product teams to grow at an unprecedented pace. We design processes that work internationally while accommodating local needs and we provide rapid responses to challenges, ensuring the positive impact is lasting. We take on new leadership opportunities every day and have the autonomy to identify and execute projects that will benefit Google for years to come.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Operations or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant experience in finance, management consulting, corporate strategy or similar environment
- Experience in data extraction using SQL or other scripting languages
- Outstanding analytical and investigative skills.
- Collaborative working style and ability to work effectively with vendors and international teams.
- Strong leadership, project management and process re-engineering
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Drive end-to-end process design and new system implementation, collaborating with various teams.
- Design reporting and perform analyses to drive effective process improvement, eliminate mistakes and provide quick fixes.
- Manage outsourced vendors and processes, ensuring operations targets are met and identifying opportunities for growth and improvement.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate