- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Triage inquiries pertaining to Human Resources in an accurate and timely manner utilising internal resources such as Zendesk, email, phone calls, chat, etc.
- Research and resolve complex issues by partnering across the HR organisation (or escalating when appropriate) across different EMEA countries.
- Provide solutions to employees but also education to the organisation on self-service options available to them
- Maintain documentation of all incoming inquiries and keeps detailed notes on actions taken
- Complete transactional HR processes using Workday HRIS system
- Meet key metrics as identified by the Resource Centre Management. These may include timeliness, accuracy, quality, tone, error-rate, and/or others
- Will be responsible for having a general understanding of policy and procedure and be able to help others navigate these
- As part of the lift and shift of activities to the HR Shared Services team, some project work will be required. The ideal candidate should be able to own and deliver on projects assigned by the HR Operations Lead; looking for continuous improvement opportunities via streamlining and automation.
In addition, the HR Specialist will be responsible for all or some of the following:
- Benefits inquiries
- Compensation queries
- Internal transfer processing
- File maintenance
- Off boarding
- HR website maintenance / updating
- Training new team members
- Data maintenance in our HRIS system (Workday)
- Project work
- 1+ years’ experience in HR (Shared Service environment a plus)
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS systems a plus. Experience with Workday a strong plus
- Experience with Google Docs a plus
- Strong customer service acumen and positive attitude
- Flexibility, able to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Be able to deliver a great service across different countries in EMEA and / or Globally
- Fluency in English and German is essential
- Any other European language is a plus
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally