- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Junior Security Analyst(Job Number:
Title: Junior Security Analyst
Who you are:
You are adept as serving as a Cyber Security SME for new technologies and projects, You will be responsible for Technology Security signoff and the associated closeout / risk handling whilst driving and promoting an integrated approach to identify and reduce security risks. You will provide input into Vodafone’s Security Strategy, Cyber Security Baseline, and Risk Register.
You will report to the Security Delivery Manager.
The next challenge for you:
As ‘Junior Security Analyst’ you will:
• Conduct threat modelling and security assessments to identify security risks.
• Develop Security Testing Plans for IT and Network projects.
• Provide IT Security assurance, guidance and support for projects and change requests.
• Act as an internal security consultant to advise or influence business and technical partners.
• Build productive working relationships and collaborate with the wider Technology team and the relevant business units to identify the right security controls for new solutions, products and modules.
• Represent Technology Security during project sizing sessions and gate reviews; provide high level (VROM) estimates of effort (time & cost); ensure estimates and security testing and acceptance criteria are agreed, documented and met.
• Identify, prioritise, design, test and report on the security controls required to bring the identified security risks within the accepted risk tolerance; work closely with project resources (architects, developers , testers, Operations) at a technical level to assist with the effective mitigation of security risks
• Verify vendor mitigation plans in terms of alignment to the local IT Security Reference Architecture, coverage, efficiency, dependencies and implementation schedule
• Ensure security testing and mitigation reports for programme boards and steering committees follow the agreed format and are delivered on time; escalate security risks as required
• Provide architectural guidance for secure software development, integration and testing
• Provide input for the implementation of the Cyber Security Baseline.
• Review project changes that impact the security assessment or testing.
• Adopt and promote a culture of continuous improvement to minimise inefficiencies.
• Manage contingency / unplanned security (re)assessment and (re)testing.
• Engage in commercial discussions with vendors regarding costs for security technologies, assessments, testing and mitigation.
• Be expected to provide high level cost & time estimates (VROMs) during the Demand Planning phase of projects.
• Ensure day-to-day coordination with vendors and contractors across multiple projects/work-streams.
What you need:
• Bachelor/Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, Information Security or another related technical degree.
• 1-2 years of IT Security experience, preferably in a security analyst or testing, security control assessment role.
• Good knowledge of system development life cycle, security standards (ISO27k, OWASP, NIST, SANS etc.), system hardening, IT and Network Security technologies.
• Project Management; excellent planning, organization and problem solving skills
• Experience with vendor management and managing complex integration issues across multiple vendors.
• Very good analytical and reporting skills.
• Aptitude for assessing Security related issues and requirements from both a business and Information Security perspective.
• Excellent communicating skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues in simple terms, and to provide accurate and user-friendly reports and documentation.
• Team player with diplomacy and advocacy skills.
• Ability to quickly adapt to ongoing environment changes (infrastructure, organisation, priorities).
• Consistent performer with a strong sense of urgency & effective time management skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and independently perform assignments to a high standard with the minimum amount of supervision.
• Highly organised with perfect attention to detail.
• Rational and calm under pressure.
• Knowledge of telecom systems, networks, protocols and processes (e.g. billing, mediation, provisioning, signalling, VoIP etc.) would be a plus.
What else should you demonstrate:
• Ability to effectively address both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Relevant certs are not mandatory but an advantage, e.g. TOGAF, ITIL, PMP, ISO27k LA/LI, ( ISC)2 CISSP, ISACA CISM/CISA/CRISC, SANS GIAC.
• Familiar with the laws, regulations, industry standards and guidance pertaining to Data Protection, Privacy, Information Security and the Telecommunication industry.
• Proficient at working with internal business units and vendors to resolve risk issues and to develop efficient and effective action plans.
The Vodafone Behaviours are key to everyone’s success:
Customer Obsessed - We are passionate about exceeding customer expectations
Work passionately to really understand the customer
Look at decisions through the customer’s eyes
Take personal accountability for the customer experience
Innovation Hungry - We create and deliver new products, services and ways of working that delight our customers
Take risks and push what is possible
Look for improvement all the time
Do things in better ways
Ambitious & Competitive - We bring energy and passion to our work and always aim to beat the competition
Deliver best in class
Review our own performance and then improve it
Be lean and cost effective every time
One Company, Local Roots – We work across Vodafone to achieve the best outcome for customers, employees and shareholders
Value our differences and act inclusively
Make the best decision for Vodafone, not just for one part of the business Communicate and use best practice
Speed - We drive speed to market. We relentlessly prioritise and pursue the outcomes that matter to our business
Make RAPID business decisions
Deliver with urgency
Analyse fast, execute faster
Simplicity – We make things simple for our customers, partners and colleagues
Focus effort and stop ineffective activity
Communicate in a way that is easy to understand
Challenge complexity and provide simpler solutions
Trust - We are reliable and transparent to deal with. We deliver for others and trust others to do likewise
Do what you say you will do
Trust others to deliver
Support decisions once made, regardless of personal views
Who we are:
We are Ireland's leading total communications provider offering our customers a variety of solutions across mobile and fixed platforms. As part of Vodafone Group, we are part of the world's largest mobile community with a presence across all five continents.
We’re at the forefront of innovation in Ireland. We make significant investments building and maintaining our networks and to date, we have invested nearly €1bn in our network investment programme. We continue to invest to enhance our network.
It’s not just our products and services which are innovative, our modern and innovative workspace in MountainView helps cultivate an environment of creativity and innovation through new ways of work. This has helped Vodafone make the Great Place to Work list in Ireland. All our employees are free to sit wherever they wish within our building. This inspires creativity and develops relationships which traditional style environments inhibit. You probably want to know more about new ways of working…Find out move via this link: http://www.vodafone.ie/jobs
Our people are at the centre of everything we do. We employ approximately 1,300 people in Dublin and across our network of retail stores in Ireland. Our aim is to ensure each employee has the opportunity to innovate, to be challenged and to be rewarded. We are dynamic in everything we do, including our approach to training, development, performance management and flexible benefits.
Vodafone is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
We are an equal opportunities employer where our people can be at their best.
- ms project
About the company
Vodafone Group plc /ˈvoʊdəfoʊn/ is a British multinational telecommunications company headquartered in London and with its registered office in Newbury, Berkshire. It is the world's 2nd-largest mobile telecommunications company measured by both subscribers and 2013 revenues (behind China Mobile), and had 434 million subscribers as of 31 March 2014.
Vodafone owns and operates networks in 21 countries and has partner networks in over 40 additional countries. Its Vodafone Global Enterprise division provides telecommunications and IT services to corporate clients in over 65 countries.