- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- IE-COUNTY DUBLIN-DUBLIN
Legal Counsel, AVP - 90225355
Primary Location:IE-County Dublin-Dublin
Posting Range:1 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Legal Counsel
As a member of the Ireland Legal team, the main purpose of the role is to provide legal support and legal risk management to Barclays Bank Ireland focusing on corporate law and banking regulatory issues. The role will have regular exposure to external law firms, as well as colleagues in other infrastructure teams such as compliance and corporate secretariat. The role will require flexibility in approach and very strong communication skills.
What will you be doing?
• Assist the Head of Legal and the BBI general counsels on all matters of Irish corporate and banking laws and regulations.
• Regulatory initiatives and strategic projects: support regulatory and strategic projects affecting Barclays Bank Ireland (e.g. regulatory and migration projects).
• Innovation: contribute to devising and implementing enhancements process and solutions to reduce or minimize the legal risk related to Barclays bank Ireland.
• Presentations & Training: deliver training and education to the businesses and Infrastructure teams on topical issues, legal risks and regulatory, as appropriate.
• Governance and Controls: strong understanding of legal risk; identify, analyse and communicate risks, escalating risk and control issues appropriately, assisting in the coordination between clusters and the different legal team involved.
• Risk management: identify and drive risk mitigation, efficiency and cost saving initiatives
• Communication of commercial consequences of legal risk issues to the impacted business areas.
What we’re looking for:
• Irish law qualified lawyer with solid experience in banking and financial law and regulatory matters
• Extensive experience with primary Irish or international law firm or comparable in-house experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good communication skills, ability
to work as part of a team and collaboratively across business and infrastructure functions with multiple stakeholders.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.