- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB DESCRIPTION:About Abbott
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 74,000 people.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Diagnostics Division – Longford (ADDLF)
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005.
The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We currently have a vacancy for a PhD Scientist to join our Technical Team and this role will involve the following:
- Technically manage and support a portfolio of diagnostics products during R&D Design Transfer.
- On-market support of products within a product portfolio.
- Preparation of documentation associated with the projects in accordance with GDP (good documentation practice) and site procedures.
- Lead and Participate in cross-functional problem-solving teams for troubleshooting, and investigations.
- Design and execute test and process method modifications to support manufacturing and project timelines.
- Recognize adverse trends and emerging issues. Propose and implement solutions to internal and external issues.
- Participate in design control, process and product improvement activities.
Education & Experience:
You will be in the final stages of completion of your PhD or have completed your PhD in a Science discipline. Post Doc experience is an advantage but not essential for this role
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team with good project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, problem solving teams etc.
JOB FAMILY:Support Services
LOCATION:Ireland Longford : Lisnamuck
WORK SHIFT:Ie - Shftpre0 (Ireland)
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.