- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is an excellent opportunity for a Plant Manager to join a leading business.
- Reporting directly into the Operations Director this role will assume operational control of the business.
- Create detailed training programmes for all team Leaders that will be transmitted to the shop floor in order to produce high quality product within key metrics of quality, cost and delivery.
- Develop plans for the department and define required investments with the leadership team.
- To be a key communicator within the business and manage up & down in with smooth and seamless transition.
- Monitor and improve plant performance by introducing process plan's and SOP's which look to achieve increased output.
- Lead and develop continuous improvement activities across site such as Kaizen, 5s and value stream mapping events which focus on Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Drive and monitor OEE improvements to increase efficiency.
- To champion health and safety initiatives, driving the company's behavioural safety programme.
- Regularly review the business processes to control business risk assessment, Health & Safety, ISO and Environmental.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, closely follow financial parameters e.g. investment costs, quality costs, productivity, in order to reduce the production costs.
The role holder should have:
- Previous experience at Operations Manager/ Plant Manager level within automotive manufacturing.
- Hands-on approach.
- Excellent knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
- Flexible leading a medium-large team and developing team output.
- Background in leading multi-disciplined teams to deliver operational excellence.
- Proven track record around improving culture and achieving results.
- quality control
About the company
Vacance is a National Recruitment Agency based in Dublin, Ireland. We work with many of the Ireland’s leading employers for temporary, fixed term and permanent vacancies.