- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This role can be based in Cork, Dublin or Carlow office.
This Principal Ecologist role is a leadership role in the Ecology team.
There are four key pillars to the Principal position: team leadership, technical leadership, client leadership and project management.
This role can be based in their Cork, Dublin or Carlow office.
The position will suit candidates with a minimum of ten years of experience.
This position offers exposure to a broad range of areas within the renewable energy, waste management and civil infrastructure sectors and can offer the successful candidate a clear path for career development.
The Principal Ecologist will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
* Managing individual contracts to deliver high quality ecological consultancy service
* Providing expert ecological input for a range of projects
* Planning, conducting and supervising the execution of site ecological surveys and fieldwork
* Preparing and monitoring of the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plans
* Undertaking Appropriate Assessments and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs), Biodiversity Chapters for Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs) and other environmental reporting requirements
* Writing of technical reports and other deliverables
* Managing quality including attention to detail and accuracy, delivery of contracts on time and to the highest possible standards, and continue to strive to improve the quality of work produced by the Ecology Tea
* Providing expert witness at Oral Hearings
* Developing excellent relationships with clients and attending meetings with clients and design teams when necessary
Skills / Qualifications
* A degree in ecology or related subject
* A minimum of 10 years post graduate experience in environmental consultancy
* Member of CIEEM, CIWEM or equivalent professional body
* Experienced in the oral hearing process and in the role of expert witness
* Detailed knowledge of wildlife and conservation legislation within Ireland
* Excellent technical report writing skills
* Experienced in the preparation and monitoring of the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plans
* Experienced in working in multi-disciplinary teams
* Excellent communication, organisational and project management skills
* A full clean driver's licence
Please contact Maeve for a confidential discussion
- ms project