- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary €40,000.00 - €60,000.00 gross per year
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organisation, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
We are now recruiting a Process Engineer - Development on a 3-year FTC to join our team. This role will involve the process development and roll-out of Continuous Improvement projects across multiple High-Volume manufacturing lines.
You will plan and implement upgrades of existing equipment to support new products designs and continuous improvement. You will lead the validation of equipment and new processes including acceptance trials, debugging, process development, and final validation.
The Process Engineer will manage the completion of projects within the development engineering function from concept to completion. End to end project management for assigned projects including developing detailed project plan, tracking project, identifying/managing risks, tracking budget spend and updating plan as required.
- Engage with vendors on the design, development and evaluation of processes and equipment requiring novel and innovative approaches in technology;
- Plan, execute and analyse experimental builds, ensuring product specification and project goals are met;
- Execute process improvements through identification of problem areas/opportunities and collaboration with internal groups and external vendors;
- Liaise with Quality and R&D teams in the development of NPI and CI projects;
- Investigate and evaluate existing and/or new technologies and coordinate associated project activities;
- Design-in health, safety and environmental best practice and ensure that all work is completed in a safe and environmentally friendly manner;
- Ensure any Intellectual Property aspects of development are identified and protected in conjunction with the Corporate Legal group.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Relevant industrial experience, with at least 5 years’ experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment is essential for this role;
- The successful candidate will have a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification;
- Experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical, or other regulated industry is an advantage;
- Candidate must have a proven ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise equipment performance.
- To be computer literate to include (but not limited to) all aspects of MS Office, MS Project and AutoCAD.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and will have the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative. Effective oral and written communication skill set. Requires proficient presentation and technical writing abilities.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community
- ms project