- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Programme and Project management – Manager - Cork
Our PPM team sits within the Performance Improvement pillar of the EY’s Advisory practice. With a clear purpose of ‘building a better working world’, EY’s PPM team is committed to delivering exceptional client services across a range of sectors, including the public sector (particularly health), energy and utilities, financial services and telco.
In EY, our approach to delivering exceptional programme and project management work for our clients is underpinned by three defining features of our approach:
• Purpose-led Transformation: Having shifted to becoming a purpose led organisation in 2013, we, at EY, have seen the benefits of purpose-led transformation for ourselves. And we are now using this proven approach to inform our client engagements.
• Collaborative team work: In PPM, we take a very proactive approach to ensuring that our teams are ‘more than the sum of the parts’ and that all members of the team are supported in their career development and progression. EY’s highest performing teams provide the right mix of talent to excel in volatile markets, solve the most complex problems and deliver quality results that surpass expectations for the EY team in conjunction with the client teams with whom we partner.
• Delivering exceptional client service in a consistent and professional manner: EY’s Service Quality tools are designed to provide a process of continuous improvement, using a portfolio of tools and enablers designed to support the Advisory Strategy by embedding service quality into delivery of all of our engagements.
If you are looking to join a dynamic and diverse Programme and Project Management (PPM) team delivering large-scale transformation programme advisory services, come and talk to EY’s PPM team in Cork about the opportunities we can offer you.
Your key responsibilities
• Working with clients across our focus sectors; government; health, utilities; transport; financial services; and telco to consistently deliver exceptional client service;
• Working as part of a team to ensure that all project deliverables are managed to time, cost and quality, ensuring that project plans, project logs (E.g. Risks, assumptions issues, dependencies logs) and project budgets are managed effectively;
• Working directly with clients on a regular basis to help create innovative insights and solutions to meet their needs;
• Integrating data to inform insights by sharing technical, sector and market knowledge in their area of expertise.
• Solving business and technology issues through collaboration and teaming;
• Applying knowledge, experience and expertise to shape services to clients with limited direction, including development of high quality work products and presentation of project outputs, as required;
• Participating in and, as required, acting as the lead on small engagements or work-streams.
Skills and attributes for success
• Approximately 5 years’ experience in management consulting or similar advisory role in industry or the public sector
• Approximately 5-10 years’ of Project Management experience of managing and delivering large-scale projects and/or programmes, including project planning and monitoring, resource management (including project finances), benefits realisation, etc.;
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with a track record in managing complex stakeholder programmes;
To qualify for the role you must have
• Good understanding of project governance and change management principles;
• Strong 3rd level educational qualifications
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Additional areas of interest include: process improvement, agile methodologies and business case development.
• Additional professional qualifications, such as PRINCE2® or PMP, are desirable.
What we look for
we are looking for experienced, motivated people who have previously worked in programme and project management roles, either in industry or in a client-side advisory role to join our team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.