- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB DESCRIPTION:Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Diagnostics Division – Longford (ADDLF)
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005.
The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We currently have a vacancy for a Project Engineer and this role will involve the following:
- To provide a Facilities and Manufacturing engineering service to AIDD Longford by maximizing the availability of Plant and Manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain ETMS TO DO LIST.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well at the Abbott Global and Technical standards.
- Monitor and control plant construction activities and provide necessary support. Assist with future development of the facility.
- Qualification of new and upgraded facilities, utilities and equipment.
- Work with Preventative Maintenance System to ensure compliance to Plant Quality System
- Maintenance of facility, interior and exterior, utility services and process plant.
- Management of Risk Insurers audit assessment and compliance.
- Work for successful External, Division and Corporate audits.
- Manage plant engineering function and develop plan goals.
- Preparation of capital expenditure requests for the plant.
- Communicate effectively with plant management, corporate and division engineering.
- Responsible for management of engineering contractors such as waste management and housekeeping.
- Work with external vendors to design and implement plant improvement projects (Automation & Energy).
Supervisory / Management Responsibility
- Works independently or Individual Contributor.
The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Third level qualification in Engineering or related discipline is required to understand the nature of the business
The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:.
- Experience in an engineering environment in a related industry for at least three years as this provides a good foundation for this job function.
- For ensuring uninterrupted utilities and plant equipment for all area’s of the plant.
- Responsible for operating all engineering functions in line with the plant quality policy with minimum supervision.
LOCATION:Ireland Longford : Lisnamuck
WORK SHIFT:Ie - Shftpre0 (Ireland)
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.