- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Title: Quality Engineer
Report to: Business Unit Quality Manager
Location: Vision Care, Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Provides leadership and support to root cause investigation activities, and ensures good Quality
Engineering practices are used in investigations. Drives continuous improvement through data driven approaches and monitoring of quality systems.
Main areas of responsibility:
· Provides complex product team support for quality system design and audit, compliance assessment, and for support of steady state manufacturing processes
· Utilizes multifaceted industry and process excellence standards on an expert level in daily quality operations, including good manufacturing practices (GMP), equipment engineering system (EES), and international organization for standardization (ISO).
· Addresses and corrects product and process complaints.
· Reports on contract manufacturer performance metrics and ensures management reviews.
· Oversees audits of all quality system categories to assess compliance to process excellence standards.
· Ensures comprehensive measurement systems to monitor effectiveness of quality and reliability systems to identify, bracket, correct and prevent defects, presenting reports to management
· Handles complex technical issues for manufacturing processes that are to be transferred to satellite facilities.
· Responsible for supporting the activities of Operations/Engineering/information management in building quality into our products and assuring compliance to the pertinent regulations while at the same time attaining operational effectiveness
· Leads and executes upgrades to Quality System
· Support QA programs in assuring compliance to the pertinent regulation
· Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
· Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
· Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
· New Product Introductions & Product Transfers
· Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
· Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
· Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the group.
· Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc).
· Ensure all process developments, NPI etc are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
· Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.