- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
"- Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland Regional Quality Controller - APAC Region
This role is based in Ballina, Co. Mayo
The team at Lionbridge Technologies is seeking a Regional Quality Controller to specialize in improving the results of internet search for the APAC region.
The successful candidate must have previously lived in the APAC region and have extensive cultural, political and economic knowledge. Deep, market specific, familiarity with cultural nuances is integral to this role. These insights will feed into customer analytics to improve and localize online experiences for APAC based service users.
Regional Quality Controllers are experienced, subject matter experts. They have a deep understanding of customer expectations and consistently deliver to high standards in an environment of frequent change. They lead by example, building solid relationships to collaborate effectively with customers, managers and peers. Regional Quality Controllers take a high degree of initiative & ownership to stay one step ahead in all areas of performance and delivery.
- Work within a global team of Quality Controllers.
- A key responsibility of the role is to provide cultural expertise of the APAC region for the business and customers, including how users interact with global search engines.
- Manage the performance of and regularly interact with a large number of work-at-home ""cloud based"" resources, who work on projects to improve internet search results. Cultural understanding of how these resources work is critical.
- Measure adherence of resources to strict sets of guidelines and rules, utilising performance data from operating systems.
- Conduct root cause analysis of performance issues of resources on an on-going basis, then develop and measure improvement programs, providing reports and recommendations to management.
- Manage the design, implementation and delivery of specific training, through web-based eLearning materials, online video production and webinars.
- Communicate with peers to leverage best practice and consistency across all markets.
- The role will require a high degree of confidence, experience and cultural knowledge of using internet-based technologies and online research.
General Skills & Expectations:
- The successful candidate will be from the APAC region or will have lived and worked there recently for a minimum of 5 years.
- Fluency in additional language to English is preferable.
- Must have deep-rooted familiarity with current and historical business, media, sport, news, social media and cultural affairs of the APAC market.
- Must have a robust working knowledge of the internet and social media.
- Demonstrate verbal, written and listening skills, with the ability to provide expertise at all levels of the business and with customers.
- Time management and organisation skills are essential.
- 3rd Level Qualification essential.
- The ideal candidate will have strong research skills, with the ability to read and understand complex guidelines, and to apply those guidelines to user behaviour.
- Ability to collaborate both internally and externally of the business is essential.
Technical Skills & Expectations
- The successful candidate must have strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Practical experience with SQL an advantage.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint an advantage, with practical experience of content authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate a distinct advantage.
- Experience designing and delivering eLearning content an advantage.
- Experience with data analysis to support decision-making an advantage.
Lionbridge is an Equal"