- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Role: Sample Management Associate Scientist
Location: Ringaskiddy Cork, Ireland
Reports to: Analytical Operations Team Lead
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC established its operation in Ringaskiddy in 2005 on a 100-acre site with an investment of €500 million. For more than 25 years we have been a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular groundbreaking monoclonal antibody technology a ground breaking approach to producing medicines that launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis.
The facility in Ringaskiddy is now operational producing biomedicines for both the treatment of immune related diseases and new and creative cancer treatments.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sample Management Associate Scientist to join our team in Cork.
What you’re great at:
• Good communication, written and oral.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Good team player with customer focus.
• Good organisation of work space and time management.
As a Sample Management Associate Scientist, your typical day may include:
• Management of samples through the laboratory, both in terms of internal samples and shipment and receipt of samples externally for analysis. Review of pulls by others, verification of sample management documentation.
• Co-ordinating and carrying out sample placements and pulls, ensuring accuracy in all sample movement, and aliquoting as required.
• Responding to ad-hoc requests for sample pulls and information relating to sample management.
• Monitoring of stability chamber and sample receipt equipment alarms and responding appropriately. Stability chamber inventory management.
• Administration of documentation with reference to samples, i.e. receipt of external sample results and entry onto eLIMS.
• Reference material ordering, shipping and inventory management.
• Management of drug product retains. Management and dispositioning of reserve samples.
• Maintaining all equipment related as per local procedures.
• Participating in laboratory investigations as requested.
• Generation of certain quality and business related metrics.
• Assisting laboratory analytical personnel as required.
• Keeping training records up to date and initiating training where possible when free from work.
• Training of other personnel as required.
• Adhering to all company standards in the area of safety, ho
usekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
• Ensure that all documentation is carried out on time, accurately and legibly.
• To identify and communicate areas for improvement or optimisation in order to improve efficiencies.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring.
• Responsible to our communities.
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
• Rare in our background and experiences.
• The drivers of our own success.
• Passionate about doing what’s right.
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To be part of this high performing team you will have good attention to detail, alongside
• A third level qualification in a scientific discipline (Degree/Masters.
• Industry experience within a laboratory environment.
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.