- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Compensation: €70k - 95k | Equity
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Data Science, Events, Information Technology
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
ruby-on-rails, postgresql, python, reactjs, git
Web Summit is a global technology conference company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. We run a series of international gatherings across the world. Our flagship event is Web Summit, held in Lisbon, Portugal. In the last seven years, Web Summit has grown from a small team to a company of over 170 focused on disrupting the conference industry through technology and data science. In 2018, over 100,000 startups, investors, speakers and other attendees gathered at Web Summit events, including Collision in the US and RISE in Hong Kong.
About the team
We’re looking for a Senior/Lead Engineer to motivate our high-performing applications team, responsible for development of core products, key to the attendee experience.
The team work on highly scalable and robust tools and systems, that create bespoke experiences for our 100K+ attendees. Think recommendation systems, booking apps, native mobile apps, registration systems, ticketing tools, etc.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll guide the architecture and development direction of the applications team to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
- You’ll work across the software stack to deliver quality, maintainable and scalable code in order to power the best conferences in the world.
- You’ll share knowledge with other team members via mentoring, code reviews, technical talks, or consulting on projects.
- You’ll break down complex projects into smaller problems and work with others to ensure that great products get delivered as a result.
- You'll get insight into senior internal stakeholders, and have an active input into how WebSummit grows globally from a Technology angle.
Who you are:
- You care deeply about engineering culture and the quality of products you and your team build.
- You drive change actively as you believe everything can be constantly improved.
- You’re knowledgeable in a broad spectrum of products and recent developments; making smart choices about technologies to be adopted.
- You are keen to mentor and grow your team, achieving lasting and significant goals.
- You like to be constantly challenged, working on a variety of different projects and products, and interacting with sales, operations and production teams.
- You love to see our customers using your software in real time at our conferences and to be proud of your work.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Ability to understand large, complex systems with many moving, interrelated parts.
- 3+ years of commercial experience in an OO Language, Ideally RoRs, but we also like Python, Scala and Go.
- Good understanding of AWS.
- Comfortable working in Scrum/Kanban environment, with Git Pull/code reviews.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite talks, training initiatives and a Coursera account for everyone!
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.