- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb is about hospitality and helping people to ‘Belong Anywhere’ and the Community Support team supports this mission with a vision to ‘build the world’s most loyal travel community through exceptional service’.
As a disruptor in the accommodation and travel space, Airbnb is mentioned thousands of times over digital channels each day providing us with the world’s largest focus group. And by monitoring these conversations effectively, we can better understand what customers are saying about our brand, know how we can continuously improve and have the ability to take actionable steps that will help us work towards building stronger customer happiness and loyalty.
In your role as a Social Listening Analyst within the Community Support team, your role is a crucial one, as your remit will be to turn social media data into real-time insights, decisions and actionable recommendations to a diverse set of stakeholders across the business. To be successful, you will first need to become a Sprinklr (our social listening tool) power user, then understand the social listening use case for each stakeholder and finally build a listening reporting architecture that supports the business needs for ongoing regular reporting and ad-hoc time critical reporting. What’s key is that your responsibility will not just be to report but to provide actionable insights and recommendations.
Another element of your role will be to work closely with the Social Media Care Service Manager to share insights on how the Social Care team can continue to provide better service in 4 key areas: Brand Protection; Customer Care, Customer Engagement & Closing the Loop.
Role & Responsibilities
- Become a power user analyst of Sprinklr, our social media management tool
- Build a social listening reporting framework that meets the needs of all stakeholders within the following use cases: product feedback; brand protection; sentiment analysis: competitive analysis & benchmarking; warm lead generation; service design.
- Provide actionable insights (not just reports) to decision-makers to influence strategy and performance
- Build ad hoc dashboards and reporting capability as new and time critical needs arise from the business
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in data and alert business owners as required
- Analyze the performance of the SM Care team and suggests areas of opportunity
- Generates forecasts, recommendations, and strategic/tactical plans to drive actions
- MA/BA in a relevant field of study
- 4 + years top tier analyst or consulting experience in business intelligence or analytics
- Experience with customer service, customer & operations analytics, & knowledge of social media platforms
- Hands-on experience with one or more language(s) used for querying (e.g. SQL, SAS) a bonus
- Experience with Big Data/Analytics platforms/languages like Hive, Python, R a big plus
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, charts, functions, vba modeling
- Experience with Tableau or similar BI platform to develop reports and dashboards
- Ability to tailor insights to present clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Enquiring mind with ability to recognise inefficiencies and challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail combined with creative thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior reporting and editing skills
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.