- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Development Engineer II – IIB/WMB
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we are looking for a candidate to provide leadership in a Dev Ops Methodology environment promoting teamwork and innovation.
The Regional Application Development (RAD) Messaging Team works in the integration space, working alongside MetLife’s lines of business in providing several services ranging from Business Services, Process Orchestration Services, Translation Services and Point to Point Integration Services. We design, develop, implement and support applications focused on APIs (both SOAP and REST) following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
Are you interested in the design and coding of complex problems?
Have you a drive to do test driven development (TDD) and run tests to find errors and revise programs?
Do you have the mindset to work in a DevOps world and provides support as required on production applications?
Do you have a passion for interfacing with system designers to design, code, test and implement application programs?
Candidates will assist in developing application specifications, implement solutions for diverse application integrations, participate in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process plus the support model to maximize and share learning.
The candidate will write documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
Candidates shall provide technical support to technical vendor resources.
As appropriate we:
Design and code business process models.
Design and code business rules and algorithms.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Degree (Level 8) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related field
- Experience in design and development skills using ESB technologies such as IBM’s technologies (Integration Bus, WebSphere Broker, MQ), Mulesoft, other similar tools or Java RESTful services or SOAP web service development
- 5 years of experience with Java, producing clean and efficient code adhering to agreed coding and quality standards
- 5 years of related work experience of which some time was in a multinational environment
- Experience in developing and consuming both windows and RESTful services.
- Experience in UML, IgniteXML, Bitbucket, GiT, Bit Bucket, Bamboo, UrbanCode Deploy
- Experience working in an Agile environment or as a Scrum Master with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage.
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
In order to apply for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.