- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
To support and empower the modern workforce, Cisco's Collaboration Group is creating solutions to put "no compromise" collaboration into every room, on every desk, in every pocket into every application. We are already doing this today with the deployment options of on-premises, cloud hybrid. Moving forward, we will leverage the cloud to help us move faster in delivering new innovations. The Collaboration Group here in Galway is growing as we deliver these next generations of Premise and Cloud-based Collaboration solutions. Our engineers are pioneers in cloud collaboration infrastructure, transforming collaboration and unified communications into high performance, scalable platforms services that are the envy of our competitors.
Role & Responsibilities
• Design, plan and develop highly scalable features to strict quality targets
• Work in an Agile scrum team or delivery team
• Feature development in Java, Python and/or C++ on Linux Platforms
• Work with the Product Owner and User Experience teams
• Design, develop, deploy and operate microservices for the Cisco Collaboration Cloud
Who You Are
• B.Sc. / B.Eng. / M.Sc. / M.Eng. or equivalents in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, or other equivalent disciplines, with an emphasis on software engineering and design.
• Proven skills in debugging software in complex environments
• Experience in multi-threaded programming and object-oriented design
• Proven history of project delivery over multiple release cycles
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• 5+ years' experience in a similar environment
• Software Development and Coding in one or more of C++, Java & Python for large-scale server side, real-time systems
• Experience working in and building Cloud-Based SaaS IAAS / PAAS applications
• Strong knowledge of technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes
• CI/CD tooling experience: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Jenkins or similar
• Strong test-driven development methodologies and test tool automation knowledge
• Knowledge of networking and communications protocols (XMPP, SIP, RDP etc.)
• Experience in applying Machine Learning and Analytics technologies to create alerting and monitoring mechanisms and derive KPIs for real-time highly available cloud-hosted applications
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.