- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Engineering People Leader responsible for one or more production areas and teams. Accountable for delivery of results. Supervision involves recruitment, performance management, development and engagement of the team.
Actively participate in day to day leadership of the business unit, and positively contribute to the Engineering team, driving engagement activities.
Lead the continuous improvement activities.
Coach and mentor the engineering group.
Resource Management –
Quality Issues: Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance. Provides manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools.
Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the operations function.
Engage and participate in supporting the delivery of BU’s KPI’s.
Oversee the development of operational standards to be used in the plant for capacity evaluations, budget planning and as a basic for operational measures (Key performance indicator).
Continuously improve the performance of the business by providing technical solutions to operations issues.
Provide leadership and direction to the BU on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
Support all capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
Take ownership for driving the engineering Competency Management Process within the business units.
Effectively communicate project updates.
Prioritize, plan and schedule all work. Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Directs Engineering personnel to support the operations process & system by defining projects focused on continuous improvement of the operations business.
Mentor and coach team members to maximize their own development & deliver performance both individually and as part of a team. Identify and plan training to address gaps in both skills and behavior.
Promoting the Quality First culture throughout the organization through the management of continuous improvement initiatives and building capabilities within the team and the wider organization.
Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
All other duties as assigned.
• Ideally 4 years relevant experience in a team based regulated manufacturing environment, and ideally previous supervisory experience. Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
• Proven experience practicing Lean tools.
• Business understanding of operations and their impacts essential.
• High level of PC skills.
• Strong communication skills with both Internal and external agents.
• An ability to facilitate a team of engineers to deliver a specific objective.
• An above average level of emotional intelligence.
• Flexibility essential with strong project management skills.
• The individual should enjoy working in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated team based environment.
• Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
About the company
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine, which help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.