- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
155, the approximate number of countries around the world that Novartis products are available in. Our Digital Centre of Excellence is at the cutting edge of technology. We make digital solutions for Patients, Carers, Doctors and Novartis employees that improve lives. Our digital solutions help visually impaired patients navigate around cities, critically ill patients manage their disease treatment and doctors make better clinical decisions.
The Technical Design Experts’ main responsibility within the Centre of Excellence (CoE) is to effectively transform the business solution requirements into understandable IT design specifications. You will engage with business stakeholders to understand the business requirements, ensure the consistent design of appropriate solutions and coordination of all design activities across projects and changes, secure technology alignment for the solution and liaise between various teams and stakeholders in the IT landscape.
Furthermore, you will ensure design solutions meet the business needs and associated architecture, while ensuring all aspects are managed in accordance with Novartis ISRM (Information, Security and Risk Management) and technology standards. You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert and thought leader in the technical aspects, and work with Solution Design Experts, Vendors, Enterprise Architecture and UX/UI Designers to ensure our solution catalogue meets customer expectations.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support colleagues in CoE to articulate high level mobile needs and ensure only valid business requirements are delivered in line with measurable and expected results.
• Effectively transform business requirements into technical design specifications aligned with business processes and solution standards.
• Provide guidance around non-functional requirements for proposed solutions.
• Supports design thinking workshops with business stakeholders.
• Provides appropriate and evaluates vendor sizing estimates in collaboration with the wider NBS IT team.
• Reviews Test Cases, Test Plans and Test results.
• Responsible for technical solution strategy and roadmap, partnering with Enterprise Architecture,
• Managing technology relationships various stakeholders across geographies.
• Responsible for maximizing reusability of technical solutions.
• Work on migration strategies to move applications to modern architectures.
• Ensure the design and guidelines principles are followed, and support DevOps adoption.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University degree in business/technical area or adequate Fluent English written and spoken
• 5 years + experience in a similar role with a proven track record
• Ability to operate in matrix organization
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Good time management and organizations skills
• Ability and experience to work in a customer facing role.
• Experience in handling deliverables in onsite / offshore delivery models.
• Ability and experience (or strong desire) to work with cutting edge technologies
• Experience in handling vendors in multi-geography & multi-cultural environment
• Experience developing and grooming technical platform roadmaps.
• A strong understanding of the Mobile Application Development landscape (Native App Development and Hybrid App Development).
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.